Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
The $180 rate is for 4 people in a suite (45 SQM 2 beds) including breakfast.
That's a heck of a good rate especially since you have breakfast included. Last I checked breakfast was around $ 25.00 pp
plus the $ 30.00 extra charge beginning with the second guest. Congrats and enjoy our stay.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:05 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
That's a heck of a good rate especially since you have breakfast included. Last I checked breakfast was around $ 25.00 pp
plus the $ 30.00 extra charge beginning with the second guest. Congrats and enjoy our stay.
Thank you my dear sir, I just plugged in the 2 adults and 2 children in the IHG search engine for the ANA CP Narita and when the rates came up, I chose the breakfast rate. At the final page it says $44 were added for extra persons. The rate was actually cheaper last week, just $160 all in.

The Hilton search engine, OTOH, does not allow 2 adults and 2 children booking. So, the $250 rate is actually for 2 adults and one child.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I had a great points redemption at this property. As a gold, I got a free drink, a discount off of food, upgraded room from the points standard room, free breakfast buffet, access to pool and gym, and a late checkout at 2pm. For 20k points.

The room was nice size and quiet. Breakfast was a scrum due to tour groups. A huge line when it opened at 6:30. No line at 7:15. Nice pizza and beer at the bar. Overpriced but not bad.

I definitely took advantage of the free shuttle to go into Narita town and visit the shrines and gardens on a beautiful fall day.

One of my more valuable redemptions.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
How much walking to & from the shuttle for wheelchair passenger?

I am in transit with my elderly mother on ANA (in J if it matters). We arrive Narita around 3pm and depart the next morning at 11am.
She can walk some amount but uses wheelchair assistance at airports.

How far is the Hilton Narita shuttle stop from where the airline wheelchair staff will drop off at? Any stairs/escalators involved?
Ditto for the return from shuttle drop off spot to the check in counter.

Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:17 pm

Does anyone here know how big the "twin beds" are? I am travelling with another family comprised of 2 adults and 2 kids (1 and 8 years old). Would a twin room be sufficient for the four of them?

Additionally, I will be staying there as well with my wife and a 1 year old, my status will entitle me and my wife (and my 1 year old - pretty sure she doesn't count as a person in the restaurant) to free breakfast. If I book the room for the other party, will they be entitled to free breakfast + diamond benefits also?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:55 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by watermelonbrain
Does anyone here know how big the "twin beds" are? I am travelling with another family comprised of 2 adults and 2 kids (1 and 8 years old). Would a twin room be sufficient for the four of them?

Additionally, I will be staying there as well with my wife and a 1 year old, my status will entitle me and my wife (and my 1 year old - pretty sure she doesn't count as a person in the restaurant) to free breakfast. If I book the room for the other party, will they be entitled to free breakfast + diamond benefits also?
From experience, no, I would say you will not be able to fit all into those twin beds/double bed. However the hotel does seem to be less stringent in adding extra beds into the room, so you might be able to squeeze the 1 year old if you combine bothe the twin beds and the 8 year old in the extra bed.
Of course you take take into account the size of yourself and your partner.

Cheers!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
They used to give Diamonds late checkout up to 4pm or 6pm ... can't remember which. I remember trying to check in a little early and they couldn't give me my room for that reason.

Has the hotel been remodeled - especially the rooms? I feel like I stepped into the 80s last time I was there a few years back. They were old and tired. Room also smelled bad - they brought me up the local equivalent of Fabreze but it didn't help much.

I also remember having to buy a cash card near the elevator if you wanted any pay per view movies. Seemed really weird.

Really liked their onsen though.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Perhaps if the pairings are one adult and one kid per bed, that would work. Two adults would not give much room for movement while sleeping, but perhaps for a couple that sleep intertwined it would be fine.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Officially, no, the second room guests are not entitled to free breakfast:

• A daily continental breakfast in the hotel's designated restaurant for you and up to one guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Hotels overseas often go beyond the minimum requirements of the program, so they may grant it if both rooms are booked in your name.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Perhaps if the pairings are one adult and one kid per bed, that would work. Two adults would not give much room for movement while sleeping, but perhaps for a couple that sleep intertwined it would be fine.
That is the plan, I assume the beds are probably around 1200mm wide?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Superguy

Has the hotel been remodeled - especially the rooms? I feel like I stepped into the 80s last time I was there a few years back. They were old and tired. Room also smelled bad - they brought me up the local equivalent of Fabreze but it didn't help much.

Stayed there as hilton gold member a year ago and got a very modern clean room.
Common areas looked new as well.
Not sure if it applies to all rooms and/or whole hotel though....
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:09 am

The 20k/night rate is great, as I only have about 200k Hilton points. Would this be a good home base hotel for a first time Japan trip? I would spend one week in Tokyo during the Olympics (2020) and then one week before (or after) to maybe travel around Japan by train.
I see it is a 60 min ride away from "downtown Tokyo," one way, whatever that specifically means. Not sure whether that will be close enough to all the venues for the Olympics.
Is this worth it at 20k points during the Olympics in light of the anticipated increased traffic during the Olympics (and having to take public transportation)?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rebelx
The 20k/night rate is great, as I only have about 200k Hilton points. Would this be a good home base hotel for a first time Japan trip? I would spend one week in Tokyo during the Olympics (2020) and then one week before (or after) to maybe travel around Japan by train.
I see it is a 60 min ride away from "downtown Tokyo," one way, whatever that specifically means. Not sure whether that will be close enough to all the venues for the Olympics.
Is this worth it at 20k points during the Olympics in light of the anticipated increased traffic during the Olympics (and having to take public transportation)?
60 minutes is quite optimistic. Either you will pay more in taxi fares than you save on the room rate (forget about driving a rental car yourself), or you will spend more like two hours each way on a shuttle bus to the airport or Narita town, then the train to the city centre, then onwards to the venue itself.

You also cannot realistically day trip from this hotel to any of the main tourist attractions without shouting distance of Tokyo. Almost everything I can think of would require going into Tokyo first. I suppose you could do day trips by plane to a handful of places.

This hotel is perfectly fine for a one or two night stopover near Narita. (Narita town itself is worth wandering around) But it's cheap because it's useless for tourism and whenever possible people fly from Haneda.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by rebelx

Hi,

It will take at least an hour to get back to the airport and then get the trains into the tokyo terminus ( Narita Express going to Tokyo station takes 55mins approx or the Skyliner to Uneo station) plus time to get to your final destination so you could be looking at up to 2 hrs each way so the travelling time will add up very quickly as well as being more expensive. If you were just sightseeing in tokyo , it is a poor location.

The 20k points is very good though.

I would also look at the Japan forum for more information re the olympics and getting around tokyo.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
60 minutes is quite optimistic. Either you will pay more in taxi fares than you save on the room rate (forget about driving a rental car yourself), or you will spend more like two hours each way on a shuttle bus to the airport or Narita town, then the train to the city centre, then onwards to the venue itself.

You also cannot realistically day trip from this hotel to any of the main tourist attractions without shouting distance of Tokyo. Almost everything I can think of would require going into Tokyo first. I suppose you could do day trips by plane to a handful of places.

This hotel is perfectly fine for a one or two night stopover near Narita. (Narita town itself is worth wandering around) But it's cheap because it's useless for tourism and whenever possible people fly from Haneda.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

It will take at least an hour to get back to the airport and then get the trains into the tokyo terminus ( Narita Express going to Tokyo station takes 55mins approx or the Skyliner to Uneo station) plus time to get to your final destination so you could be looking at up to 2 hrs each way so the travelling time will add up very quickly as well as being more expensive. If you were just sightseeing in tokyo , it is a poor location.

The 20k points is very good though.

I would also look at the Japan forum for more information re the olympics and getting around tokyo.

Regards

TBS
Thank you both for your info. I started reading more about anticipated headaches regarding tourism during the olympics and what scared me most off was the inability to confirm whether I could get tickets to the opening ceremony (the cheap ones). I think I'll avoid going during the Olympics and either go before or after.

Nonetheless your comments about the Narita Hilton are a bit of a bummer, but welcome. 2 hours each way is not realistic--even 1 hour each way is pushing it, but that doesn't seem reasonable.

I see some properties going for 60k that are more "downtown'ish" and upon checking my account, I have 227k points--just 13k shy of 240k and getting that 5th night free.

Also planning on going to Italy, but I was reading some more flyertalk posts where someone said that all the Hiltons in Italy are also quite a trek away from each city's center. So that's disappointing too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.