Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2003, 12:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sphere:
This is the only thing I know. They do have a free shuttle bus that goes to downtown Narita.</font>
Where? Doko da?? (-_-)

Old Oct 2, 2003, 5:35 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sky 1:
Where? Doko da?? (-_-)

</font>
Hotel no mae de... There is a hotel shuttle that runs to the airport and to Keisei Narita eki (station) the link for the shuttle schedules can be found HERE ... do itashima....e
Old Oct 2, 2003, 7:52 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
The breakfast was excellent. It is more like a breakfast/lunch thing - they have continental, American and Asian breakfast items (like rice and miso soup and Chinese rice porridge) on their buffet. I have to say, compared to what was offered in the Diamond lounge in the Hilton Waikoloa Village, this was a very welcome change. The staff's attitude is fantastic - they are super friendly and always trying to help - with no tipping expected, in fact, there are signs which state "tipping is discouraged". At 10,000 points per night (or even less, if you are lucky enough to catch a point stretcher date), this hotel is a steal. I would always come back.

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Oct 2, 2003, 7:54 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Oh, and one thing I almost forgot to mention...I opened one of the drawers and they had these Kimonos in there...just for fun, I tried one of them on and thought it was funny - called the front desk and asked them what it would cost to take it with me. The guy laughed and said "they are not for sale, but you know what - if you like it that much, feel free to take it with you." Which is what I did - I think there will not be a charge on my credit card statement for that...

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Oct 3, 2003, 5:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thezipper:
a hotel shuttle that runs to the airport and to Keisei Narita eki (station)</font>
Thanks for the info and link.

Is that the only shuttle between the hotal and airport? If so, the frequency is a bit slim (only 1 per hour from 9am until 3pm).
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:32 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wideman:
Thanks for the info and link.

Is that the only shuttle between the hotal and airport? If so, the frequency is a bit slim (only 1 per hour from 9am until 3pm).
</font>
Yes it is... but I believe most asian flights out of NRT are either in the morning or evening. NRT is only like 10~15 min away, so if you miss the bus, you can always take a taxi. I did check the Hilton's Japanese web site and the schedule is still the same.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 11:23 am

Domo arigato, thezipper-san
Old Nov 1, 2003, 8:45 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is this place convenient to use as a 1-day base for sightseeing in the area? (No, I don't want to do sightseeing at NRT).
Old Nov 23, 2003, 2:45 pm

I'm staying at the Narita Hilton 2 nights this week on an award. Just a few questions for those who have recently stayed there.

Is the breakfast mentioned above still available to Diamonds?
Any luck with upgrades?
Any English television stations?
Is the shuttle a reliable way to/from NRT?
I want to make a day trip into downtown Tokyo. What is the best way to do this and what costs am I looking at?

Thanks,

Randomman
Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:45 pm
Suspended

- Is the breakfast mentioned above still available to Diamonds?

Yes! Gold's get "Continental", but Diamonds get full in most cases. It's a big buffet with cooks in the middle. This is one hotel that does not upgrade continentals for like $3.00 to full. It is 2500 yen (expensive).

- Any luck with upgrades?

No. Take what they give you, a Japanese custom. No tipping (recommended you do not try, it is insulting).

Any English television stations?

YES! BBC WORLD (a big plus), Discovery, CNN-J (I personally hate CNN, but it is everywhere), BS-1 (aka: NHK-1) shows many English news shows and golf, CSN-1 is a cable movie TV station and shows a good film, once in a while (in November "Thirteen Days") with many English language movies, The Golf Channel and the rest are Japanese.

- Is the shuttle a reliable way to/from NRT?

Yes. Use the shuttle to Keisei Narita station downtown. Save 250 yen each way rather than going to the airport.

- I want to make a day trip into downtown Tokyo. What is the best way to do this and what costs am I looking at?

Depending on where you want to go. The train system is so intricut (and awesome), even I am finding more ways to get anywhere cheaper. For downtown Tokyo, use Keisei Narita Station Limited to Nippori station for 750 yen. Transfer to JR lines (at Nippori) to where you want to go there. There is a window teller before the transfer. You can also use their kiosk and do the transfer yourself, *IF* you can read Japanese. That is the cheapest and most efficient. Hilton Narita staff auto-speak English to foreigners and can help you.
Good Luck!
Old Nov 23, 2003, 7:35 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
-Yes! Gold's get "Continental", but Diamonds get full in most cases. It's a big buffet with cooks in the middle. This is one hotel that does not upgrade continentals for like $3.00 to full. It is 2500 yen (expensive).

Does anyone know if this is the case? I stayed way back in January, and as a Gold, I was given vouchers for the full buffet.

In any case, I agree with other posters that this is a good hotel. I got treated to a Y20,000 dinner, and I must say, the food was very good. The staff is friendly, and the room was acceptable (but small). I was "upgraded" to a high floor (10th?) room, as my cheapo rate would have otherwise confined me to a third floor room (or whatever the lowest guestroom floor is).

Beware of the drinks at the lounge/bar on the top floor. My rate included a "free" drink. It turns out that I had to pay an additional Y600 for my free drink, because it went over the limit for the "free" portion. And it wasn't a special cocktail or anything..
Old Nov 24, 2003, 3:18 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Same with me...stayed there twice this past year and got the full buffet b'fast comped.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 6:56 am
Suspended

I stayed twice, so far, in November and received "Continental" breakfast coupon vouchers as an HHonors Gold. The buffet is huge and I'm always tempted to assume it is the whole thing, but afraid to see a bill for 2500 yen afterwards. Many airline crew stay at this hotel.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm a little confused reading the above. I see mention of a hotel shuttle running to Keisei Narita Station, but is there a hotel shuttle that runs from NRT airport to the hotel itself? Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2004, 9:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes, about every 30 mins IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.