Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Old Mar 23, 03, 12:14 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Just the room... I had a stay there in December and it's a nice hotel, the old Rhiga, but nothing special. No real upgrade as there is no exec floor and they didnt give me any of the suites they have. As a Gold, got breakfast coupons... there is a shuttle to/from the airport.
Old Mar 23, 03, 6:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K, Avianca, Etihad
What dates were you able to get? I have been looking for June 29th and get no availability using the Hack method.
Old Mar 23, 03, 8:55 am
Suspended

Is there a FAMILY MART or 7-11 store near the area of the Hilton NRT?? That would be very important if I decided to stay there.

[This message has been edited by SHADO (edited 03-23-2003).]
Old Mar 23, 03, 9:29 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
The hotel should (?) also have a free shuttle to Narita town (same one as airport shuttle ?). If so, then there is any number of 7-11 type supermarkets, McDonalds, KFCs etc

I stayed in an airport Hotel recently, and got their shuttle into Narita (15 mins or so) and really enjoyed the town - sights, temples, pubs, etc. etc.
Old Mar 23, 03, 1:29 pm

davistev:

I booked a room for the night of 27th/28th of May, and also 22nd/23rd of Jun. a few days ago.

Emil
Old Mar 23, 03, 11:04 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
What dates were you able to get? I have been looking for June 29th and get no availability using the Hack method.</font>
Dont rely on the "hack" method for some overseas hotels. I couldnt find any availability using this for the Hilton Paris, but when I called, they did have availability. Also...good news for you! After June 1, the Hilton Narita is 10K points per day vs. the 20K now.
Old Mar 23, 03, 11:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SHADO:
Is there a FAMILY MART or 7-11 store near the area of the Hilton NRT?? That would be very important if I decided to stay there.
</font>
I'd recommend getting something at Narita Airport from the various stores there before you went to the hotel. There is nothing nearby. You can take the shuttle to Narita Stattion, but thats a hassle if you asked me.

I noticed that Qantas and (I think) China Air and other air crews overnight there, so they may give you some suggestions.
Old Mar 23, 03, 11:21 pm

thezipper:

Thanks for the info about the 20K vs 10K after Jun 1st. I made two reservations using HHonors for the night of May 27th and Jun 22nd. I was charged 20K each. Planning on calling them in the morning to check what is going on.

Emil
Old Mar 24, 03, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hbcsc153:
thezipper:

Thanks for the info about the 20K vs 10K after Jun 1st. I made two reservations using HHonors for the night of May 27th and Jun 22nd. I was charged 20K each. Planning on calling them in the morning to check what is going on.
</font>
I made a reservation for September a couple of months ago. I was told to call back after June 1 and have the reservation revised to reflect the new point level. I don't think they can make reservations with the new point levels until after that date. This is the opposite problem than most people have for the new point requirements . . .

Let us know if you find out anything different.

Old Jun 5, 03, 6:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K, Avianca, Etihad
TheZipper,

I did what you said and sure enough I got the night I wanted for 20K. I called back today and they redeposited my 20K and issued a 10K certificate.

Thanks to you - I got my res and saved 10K.

Thanks.

Old Oct 2, 03, 3:14 am

Programs: BA G, LH SEN, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd, Avis/Hertz Pres
Hilton Narita - decent room, highspeed Internet for a fee

Breakfast voucher, free health club access. The hotel is fine, even though my room's interior looks a little bit dated (11th floor, they said it is an upgraded room). Employees seem friendly. Highspeed Internet fee is about $ 15 for 24 hours, I think. Am here on a reward stay (they are only category 1 which seems like a bargain to me) and have forgotten the certificate. They said they would get it faxed from HHonors. I'll see how this works out.

One weird thing is that the planes fly by so close to the building when they land (I had seen it from my plane when we landed already). It's almost like I could see people's faces behind the plane's windows! But one does not hear much noise.

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Oct 2, 03, 4:49 am

Programs: UA1MM1K
I recommend the bar on top floor (I can't remember what it was called, but something like Ten or Sky). Great view at night!
Old Oct 2, 03, 5:25 am

Is there a lounge for the elites?

Is the "Circle Bus" the only way into Downtown Narita (150 yen), or do they have a shuttle that goes there? When at the Narita station area, I never see a Hilton shuttle or any posting for such. Is their shuttle service only for the airport?

How's the TV channel access at Hitlon Narita? Do they carry CNBC ASIA? BBC WORLD? I'm very curious as many Japan hotels have a horrible amount of TV channels.

I plan to stay there for a level 1 award soon. Thanks for the report!
Old Oct 2, 03, 6:30 am

Programs: UA1MM1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sky 1:
Is the "Circle Bus" the only way into Downtown Narita (150 yen), or do they have a shuttle that goes there? When at the Narita station area, I never see a Hilton shuttle or any posting for such. Is their shuttle service only for the airport?

</font>
This is the only thing I know. They do have a free shuttle bus that goes to downtown Narita.
Old Oct 2, 03, 9:12 am

Programs: BA G, LH SEN, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd, Avis/Hertz Pres
They do not have an executive lounge. They have a bunch of restaurants, though. Right now, it is a bit funny for me, because they have German flags all over the place...they are celebrating "Oktoberfest"...in Japan...

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: