Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Old Oct 17, 06, 8:56 am

Although I received a breakfast coupon for a full breakfast last month. a quick look at the T&C for Diamond members would seem (unfortunately) that breakfast is not an entitlement at Hiltons outside of North America.

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...s/levels.jhtml

Here are the relevant words:

Upgrade to Executive Level or to the next best available room type from the room type booked (does not include suites). Upgraded rooms are subject to availability at the time of check-in and only guests that receive an upgrade to the Executive Level will be given access to the Executive Lounge. At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accommodations or upgrade is not available, Diamond VIPs will receive an additional amenity and/or services, which vary by property.
The hotel seems to have a lot of wriggle room.

Good luck
Old Oct 17, 06, 9:26 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Breakfast at Narita Hilton

Numerous stays there. As reently as Sept and Oct.

Always got breakfast coupons.

This is either a new policy or you got the wrong person at the desk. They do seem to have a lot of interns at this hotel, so maybe you just got a rookie.

Good luck and let us know if they have changed their policy.

Old Oct 17, 06, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K;
The new International policy deleting breakfast is very disappointing. I was surprised to see it. It is one of the few things that Hilton offered better than Starwood. Now that is gone. One more reason for me to choose Starwood or Hyatt as my main chain this year. I will not be able to maintain top tier in all three...

Interesting that CONRAD still shows the breakfast benefit:

CONRAD DIAMOND:
Upgrade to Executive Floor (if available), OR Executive Floor Lounge access (if the hotel has a Lounge), OR complimentary continental breakfast for the member and one guest each day of the stay. If the rate already includes breakfast, a special food and beverage amenity will be presented
Old Oct 17, 06, 1:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Originally Posted by grayland
The new International policy deleting breakfast is very disappointing. I was surprised to see it. It is one of the few things that Hilton offered better than Starwood. Now that is gone. One more reason for me to choose Starwood or Hyatt as my main chain this year. I will not be able to maintain top tier in all three...

Interesting that CONRAD still shows the breakfast benefit:

CONRAD DIAMOND:
Upgrade to Executive Floor (if available), OR Executive Floor Lounge access (if the hotel has a Lounge), OR complimentary continental breakfast for the member and one guest each day of the stay. If the rate already includes breakfast, a special food and beverage amenity will be presented

I believe that the reason I have always received the breakfast is there is no Executive Lounge at the Narita Hilton. So they are supposed to substitute another amenity.

Old Oct 17, 06, 2:09 pm

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
got them in June

I was there in June for one night. had two rooms as an award stay as a Gold. Got 4 coupons with no problems.

BTW - Breakfast buffet was pretty good!
Old Oct 17, 06, 3:36 pm

Stayed Oct 9 on old 10,000 point award ....wife and I both got coupons without asking for " continental breakfast" but was allowed full access to breakfast buffet when we went down in the morning.
Old Oct 17, 06, 6:11 pm

Programs: ConU 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
The reason I was given today was that because I wasn't paying for my own room. Now this a first since 75% of my rooms are payed for by someone else. It just must be this hotel.
BTW here is the response I just received:

Dear bdlord,

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry for the experience you had at the Hilton Narita.

As an extremely valued member and customer, we want to ensure that each issue raised
is addressed at the appropriate level. By copy of this message, I am forwarding
your message to our Guest Assistance department to address directly with the hotel
management for prompt resolution.

For your reference their address is

Hilton Hotels Corporation
Guest Assistance
755 Crossover Lane AW A2
Memphis, TN 38117
P: 901.374.6476
E: [email protected]

We deeply regret that your stay was not indicative of the level of service you have
come to expect, and more importantly, deserve when choosing the Hilton Family for
your travels. Please allow up to 3 business days for a response from that office
should they need to contact you. If you have not received a response in 3 business
days, you may email our Guest Assistance department at the email address noted above,
or contact Customer Care at 800-548-8690 and ask to be transferred to Guest Assistance.

Please let us know if you have any additional concerns and we sincerely appreciate
your patience while we work to address these types of issues with our hotels.

Best regards,

Hilton Reservations and Customer Care

Seems a bit like a script to me
Old Oct 18, 06, 4:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Was there on the 1st October, and was given full buffet breakfast. Absolutely delicious.
Old Oct 18, 06, 4:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BDLORD
We deeply regret that your stay was not indicative of the level of service you have
come to expect, and more importantly, deserve when choosing the Hilton Family for
your travels.
I'm really surprised that HHonors admits that you DESERVE to be treated with a certain level of service! I'm impressed
Old Oct 18, 06, 5:44 am

Programs: ConU 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by beacon88
Was there on the 1st October, and was given full buffet breakfast. Absolutely delicious.
Got nothing, paid for breakfast and for 2590 yen it stinks, I will spend my money elsewhere tomorrow.
Old Oct 18, 06, 5:49 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Was there Oct 11th and got a breakfast coupon for both myself and my spouse (even though I had only booked a room for 1 occupant, taking advantage of the spouse stays free rule).

A few weeks prior, at the Osaka Hilton, they would only give me one breakfast coupon, stating that since I only booked 1 occupant in the room, I was only entitled to one breakfast, regardless of the spouse stays free rule. So I was pleasantly surprised to get two coupons for the Narita stay.
Old Oct 18, 06, 6:34 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I was there 2 weeks ago, got breakfast coupon, a coupon for the fitness center, newspaper on the door in the morning, upgraded room on a high floor facing the airport as requested... all this on a Y10,000 rate... call me very satisfied!

I'd go and talk with a supervisor when you get a chance...
Old Oct 18, 06, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
Was there Oct 11th and got a breakfast coupon for both myself and my spouse (even though I had only booked a room for 1 occupant, taking advantage of the spouse stays free rule).

A few weeks prior, at the Osaka Hilton, they would only give me one breakfast coupon, stating that since I only booked 1 occupant in the room, I was only entitled to one breakfast, regardless of the spouse stays free rule. So I was pleasantly surprised to get two coupons for the Narita stay.
Same thing happened to us at the Osaka Hilton a couple of weeks ago. Funny part is that they upgraded us to the executive floor so wife and I both had breakfast up there. They should have just not even dealt with the one coupon only for the downstairs breakfast and they wouldn't have come off as cheap.
Old Oct 18, 06, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by BDLORD
The reason I was given today was that because I wasn't paying for my own room. Now this a first since 75% of my rooms are payed for by someone else. It just must be this hotel.
I am a little confused by "wasn't paying for my own room".
Was it a third party like Expedia or Priceline?...
Old Oct 18, 06, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by grayland
I am a little confused by "wasn't paying for my own room".
Was it a third party like Expedia or Priceline?...
The promoter of our tour pays for our rooms, hence no points. Just credit for nights stayed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: