Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2005, 2:41 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Yes they do.It used to be a full breakfast but I believe a month ago it was changed to a continental.I dont think you will have problems getting your 3 year old in.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 5:18 pm

Red face

Thanks for the answer
Old Jun 8, 2005, 1:13 pm

Update report

Just back from Hilton Narita on a reward stay. Got the breakfast coupon upon check in. The coupon clearly stated for continetal breakfast only, or pay up for full breakfast. There is separate section in the dinning room for continental breakfast. The breakfast consist selection of bread/pastry, cereal, drink, and fruit. I think the selection is not bad at all.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Hilton Narita now "up charging" for full breakfast buffet for golds?

All,

It's been commonly known that the Hilton Narita gives full access to their buffet with gold "continental" breakfast certificate.

My friend just stayed there last week and, as a gold, told him that he'd have to pay $12 if he wanted access to the full buffet. Otherwise, continental was free.

Anyone know if this is changing or have experienced this?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's always been the stated policy and what you are told when you are given your breakfast coupons. But my experience is that when you get to the restaurant, they tell you that you can go for the full deal.

Been several months since I've been there however, and I suppose they could have tightened things up a bit.

Did they tell your friend this at the Front Desk, or were they advised this when they actually presented the coupon at the restaurant?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:58 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally reported in this thread for more info.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432281
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know there was another thread on it already. It looks like it changed sometime in May, so I got the tail end of it when I was there in April.

I'd say that the breakfast was worth $12. Considering I paid nearly $20 for a sandwich, fries and drink (thank heavens work paid for it ) at their coffee shop and their pasta buffet was $35, it's a decent deal.

Though you could always take the free shuttle into Narita and just go to McDonalds or a plethora of other good restaurants for something cheap.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 3:15 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
The change of this regulation is not only for G members but also for D members. When I satyed at Hilton Narita (06/23/05), I had a mixed sandwich in my room and I paid 1,850JPY for it. So extra 1,270JPY is worth for full breakfast.

Now at Hilton Narita, high speed wired internet is available in all rooms. ( 1,760JPY/day) It is actually not cheap, but more convenient. ^
Old Jun 26, 2005, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The internet worked well, but it was in a pretty bad place in the room. It would have been nice to have them on or near the desks rather than by the TV.

1760 yen was better than the 18 euros I paid in Germany, which was about $24 a day then Cheaper to do that and use Skype to call home though than paying roaming.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 3:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Continental breakfast has lots of offerings and is a great deal- the full breakfast for US$12 more is still a wonderful bargain and deal , in Japan. You could stay and eat for two hours if you wished, and there is a huge array of American, Continental and Asian food to be had. By far the best meal deal at Hilton Narita.

And IMO, DO avoid the highly overpriced Japanese restaurant ("Matsukaze") on the next floor up - if there is such a thing as the epitome of mediocrity, this is it, in food and service, and it is outrageously expensive for what you get. I'd much rather shuttle to Narita town, or even the airport, and eat out.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
An additional question and comment:
What is the walk-up price of the full buffet? i.e. how much discount does one get from the free continental breakfast coupon?

The comment is that I had the full breakfast as a gold a few months ago (so never looked at what it would have cost with real money). Buffet was fine, but nothing to rave about as some seem to do. Of course, I tend to eat little in the morning, so the "eat all you want for as long as you want" aspect does not do very much for me.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:56 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
The comment is that I had the full breakfast as a gold a few months ago (so never looked at what it would have cost with real money). Buffet was fine, but nothing to rave about as some seem to do. Of course, I tend to eat little in the morning, so the "eat all you want for as long as you want" aspect does not do very much for me.
I'm of like mind. I'm not a big morning eater, so the Continental breakfast does it for me.

Originally Posted by JDiver
And IMO, DO avoid the highly overpriced Japanese restaurant ("Matsukaze") on the next floor up - if there is such a thing as the epitome of mediocrity, this is it, in food and service, and it is outrageously expensive for what you get. I'd much rather shuttle to Narita town, or even the airport, and eat out.
Don't know if I would really go as far as that (eating at the airport, and I don't mean distance). Narita town, of course, is a go!
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast was in the neighborhood of $23 or $26 (can't remember which) for the full buffet. That's what one of the ladies that traveled with us paid because she didn't take advantage of CTCH.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:49 am

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
They don't check

The last time I was there, they didn't even ask for the upgrade. When I flashed the continental breakfast coupon, I was instructed to use whole buffet.

It's a pretty good buffet. If you are staying in or around Narita it might be worth it. If you are getting on a plane, eat at airport. If you are heading into town, skip breakfast and have cheap sushi in town. (At least that's what I would do).

Sailanacra
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA, LH, DL, , UA, F9, AF, WN, HHonnors. Priority Club, Choice Hotels, Gold Crown Club.
Hilton NRT

Good evening this is my first post on this great forum, I just made a reservation using some points at the Hilton NRT on my way to SGN, I am just a silver member, if somebody can give me his or her advice about this hotel I would be grateful.
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.