Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Old May 13, 05, 1:13 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by xyzzy
Does the Hilton Park Lane offer breakfast or wine/chocolate to Diamonds?
Each time I have been at the London Hilton on Park Lane, as Diamond, have been upgraded to the Executive floor where they serve continental breakfast in the Executive lounge. Also usually get a couple of bottles of water and 4 chocloates in a box, but no wine. In the lounge they also do very nice afternoon teas with delicious cakes and pastries and complimentary drinks all day. Great hotel, very well situated and excellent service. However the rooms are a lot smaller than US hotels but still very nice.

Chris.
Old May 13, 05, 1:24 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
I noticed a similar change on my last stay at the Hilton Santa Clara. I've stayed here 50+ nights a year the last couple of years and when I arrive on a Sunday and the exec lounge is not open on Monday, I get a coupon for continential breakfast in the restaurant. I've always had the breakfast buffet and never been charged anything additional. But last time, I was told the coupon was good for up to $10 and I would have to pay the difference for the buffet. Maybe Hilton clamping down system wide?

Last edited by Chapel Hill Guy; May 13, 05 at 1:56 pm
Old May 13, 05, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
UK Hiltons an 'executive' or 'deluxe' room is generally a standard room plus wine and/or water, chocolates, bath robe and .. nothing else. So if upgraded at checkin from a standard room you will normally get these benefits as well.

Almost all (outside London) seem to have withdrawn the better toiletories (MB etc) reverting to the standard three plastic tubes + misc items.
Old May 13, 05, 5:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for the news, yasuki! It's not great news, but OTOH to be able to upgrade what is a fairly complete Cotninental breakfast to an "all you can eat feast" breakfast at Hilton Narita for under US$12.00 is not such a bad deal, I'd say.
Old May 13, 05, 6:55 pm

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Bad news from Hilton Narita
I was worried the award level had increased from 10,000 points!

Please use a more descriptive thread topic title next time, such as "Hilton Narita to limit complimentary breakfasts."

But thank you very much, yasuki, for taking the time to inform us not to expect the full breakfast buffet gratis.
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thanks for the news, yasuki! It's not great news, but OTOH to be able to upgrade what is a fairly complete Continental breakfast to an "all you can eat feast" breakfast at Hilton Narita for under US$12.00 is not such a bad deal, I'd say.
^
Old May 13, 05, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Please use a more descriptive thread topic title next time, such as "Hilton Narita to limit complimentary breakfasts.
I do not think the heading is in anyway misleading or inappropriate.

The full breakfast is one of the perks that many Gold and Diamond members value highly at the Narita Hilton, and limiting it to just continental breakfast is indeed "bad news".

Its the OP's perogative to use whatever title he wishes as long as its not misleading or offensive; and I do not think its appropriate for any Flyertalker to dictate how the OP writes, eventhough its done in a friendly manner

Last edited by mario33; May 13, 05 at 8:33 pm
Old May 13, 05, 8:38 pm

Thanks for the news, yasuki! It's not great news, but OTOH to be able to upgrade what is a fairly complete Cotninental breakfast to an "all you can eat feast" breakfast at Hilton Narita for under US$12.00 is not such a bad deal, I'd say.
I'm headed there again and would gladly pay the $12.00 for the breakfast spread. Sure beats the full price charged for breakfast in Tokyo and London.
Old May 14, 05, 1:51 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Not knowing what the Continental breakfast at HNRT actually consists of, it's difficult for me to say whether I would pay extra for the complete spread. If the Continental breakfast is fairly complete in itself as JDiver mentions, I personally may be inclined to save the 12 bucks or apply it to the lunch buffet.
(I'm not really the type that wakes up in the morning with a big appetite. )
Old May 15, 05, 12:53 am

Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Lifetime: UA United Club, UA 540K mi., AA Admirals Club & Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mario33
Its [sic] the OP's perogative [sic] to use whatever title he wishes as long as its [sic] not misleading or offensive; and I do not think its [sic] appropriate for any Flyertalker to dictate how the OP writes, eventhough [sic] its [sic] done in a friendly manner.
(Boldface emphasis added.)

Likewise, then, no FlyerTalker should "dictate" what helpful suggestions are "appropriate" or not. They may be accepted or not, as deemed fit, in the spirit in which offered.
Old May 15, 05, 1:38 am
Suspended

(Boldface emphasis added.)

Likewise, then, no FlyerTalker should "dictate" what helpful suggestions are "appropriate" or not. They may be accepted or not, as deemed fit, in the spirit in which offered.
Fine, as long as you realise how condescending your original post was towards the OP
Old May 15, 05, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by mario33
Fine, as long as you realise how condescending your original post was towards the OP.
Bad news from Hilton Narita
I was worried the award level had increased from 10,000 points!

Please use a more descriptive thread topic title next time, such as "Hilton Narita to limit complimentary breakfasts."

But thank you very much, yasuki, for taking the time to inform us not to expect the full breakfast buffet gratis. ^
The principal condescension in this thread seems to be aimed at me by yourself. I have received no complaint from the helpful originator of this thread.

Instead, I simply and straight-forwardly explained the anxiety the vague topic title had caused me. Posting this publicly was intended to invite consideration not only from the original poster, but from all those who viewed the post, and to point out how much worse things could be.

To the extent your posts are intended to educate only me on your standards of sensitivity, they might be more profitably be addressed to me by PM. @:-)

Warm regards. Perhaps you will vacation down here on Saipan some day?
Old May 15, 05, 7:01 am

hiltons UK

stayed at 2 hiltons in london in Mar/Apr, HH gold.

Hilton London Olympia - no EF. got a deluxe corner room, booked a standard room. Had windows both sides, but typical average hllton room for the UK (ie hampton inn/hilton GI standard). The breakfast was included as a gold - and it was a huge breakfast buffet downstairs - highly recommended. Checked in early (9am) no problem. Was told b/fast only the next day but went to the restaurant and was offered a free hot b/fast buffet, real nice! Also got free acess to the gym (which has apples too ) Pretty darn average hotel though, would not stay here again unless trying to save heaps of bucks in London. Awkward position, as the tube is not frequent to olympia station.

Hilton Kensington - was upgraded to an exec floor room but opted for a level 1 room so i could get access to the BT internet wireless zone in the hotel, but no luck. B/fast was pretty average - cold meats, pastries (2 types) fruits plus boiled cold eggs. very very very average.

no amenities or acknowledgment letter was ever given from either properties. In terms of stays recording - hilton olympia within 1-2 weeks, hilton kensington - after waiting 5 weeks, had to email them, eventually they credited it.
Old May 15, 05, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by kawoh
opted for a level 1 room so i could get access to the BT internet wireless zone in the hotel
Better to get a high room and sit by the window
Old Jun 4, 05, 10:07 pm

Question Question about Hilton Narita

I am a gold member and i am going with the wife and 3 year old boy... Anyone knows if they supply with breakfast in the morning for Gold members... and what do they serve on the breakfast since this is an award night???

Thanks for the info....
Old Jun 5, 05, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by puntos68
I am a gold member and i am going with the wife and 3 year old boy... Anyone knows if they supply with breakfast in the morning for Gold members... and what do they serve on the breakfast since this is an award night???
Thanks for the info....
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=narita

Search this Thread
Search Engine: