Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Old Mar 31, 05, 8:52 pm

I agree with yasuki's comments. Stayed there two weeks ago as a gold on an overnight award stay. The place is buzzing with airline crews on layovers. Public areas and my room were in excellent condition. I was placed on the second highest floor. The buffet breakfast spread was pretty good and included as a gold amenity (thank goodness otherwise would have to pay about $22). Aside from the breakfast buffet, never ate in any of the other restaurants. Went to Jusco's at the Aeon shopping mall, purchased tempura, yakitori, sashimi, musubi, nori senbei and a couple of Asahis to satisfy my hunger.

In addition to the airport, the hotel shuttle will take you to JR Narita station and that's about it. I used the circle bus (150 yen) to/from Aeon and Shinshoji otera. Neither run frequently, so plan accordingly. As with all forms of transportation in Japan, however, they are prompt to the minute. If at all possible, avoid the taxis even for short hops into town.

Last edited by FTraveler; Mar 31, 05 at 9:38 pm
Old Mar 31, 05, 9:36 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
'continental breafast' is written on the breakfast ticket. But it means 'full American buffet' in this hotel.
Old Mar 31, 05, 10:47 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Diamonds usually get a higher floor and a later checkout-important to us from downunder.If looking for an evening meal it is worthwhile getting the free shuttle into Narita-a greater selection and better priced.Most restaurants are on the other side of the station from shuttle stop.
Old Apr 1, 05, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton-Dia, Marriott-G
If it helps the OP, the Hilton is roughly 1700 Yen from T2. I got there early one day and the shuttle was 35 minutes away and I was tired.
Old Apr 1, 05, 2:57 pm

I'm staying there one evening in August. As a meager Silver, can I expect anything other than the room I booked?
Old Apr 2, 05, 1:34 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by GregLeg
I'm staying there one evening in August. As a meager Silver, can I expect anything other than the room I booked?
15% base points bonus.

But seriously, I've never stayed as a Silver. Blue got me nothing, Gold got me (as pointed out by others) the top floor and the full breakfast.
Old Apr 9, 05, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Semi-dumb but important Hilton Narita question

This might seem like a dumb question to some, but does the Hilton Narita have soaps and shampoos and wash cloths in their rooms?

Reason I ask is that on my last trip to Germany, I stayed at a Comfort Inn and they didn't have shampoo ... only some shower gel type thing and no wash cloths to use the gel. Being an American chain, I figured that those basics would have been provided, but I was wrong.

I just want to be prepared should this not be provided.

Thanks,

Super
Old Apr 9, 05, 11:56 pm

Yes they do plus a hairbrush and razor.
Old Apr 10, 05, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 05, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Narita: which room/rate?

Which rate plan and room would be the best for the money at the Hilton Narita?

I'm seeing the Fully Flexibles, and the Bouncebacks with breakfast.

I guess the question is: for a gold, is paying extra for the buffet breakfast worth it?

What's the difference between queen, plus queen, deluxe queen, and deluxe plus queen?

Thanks,

Super
Old Apr 11, 05, 9:59 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No its not worth paying extra for breakfast. As gold, at Hilton Narita they will give you voucher for continental brekkie. But, no one ever checks whether you had buffet brekkie or continental brekkie.

Not sure the difference between the various rooms. The couple times I stayed here the rooms were quite small and nothing wonderful.
Old Apr 12, 05, 1:56 am

As a gold I would book the cheapest room and as we always had a definite date would go the prepaid option and save another 2000 yen.
The basic room is on the lower floors,the deluxe room is slightly larger and on a higher floor-as gold this is what we got.A deluxe plus is slightly larger again-had this as a diamond.But they just mean a little more room to get around the bed.
Narita is honors friendly-you will get breakfast coupons which are labelled continental but it is understood that you will have the complete buffet choice-on 2 occasions we were told this before we sat down.So no need to pay for breakfast.
If you dont mind twin beds the basic twin room on the advance purchase rate is only 9500 yen which is extremely cheap for Japan.Mrs drron insists on a queen bed however.
Old Apr 12, 05, 4:29 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
As a G member, just book the cheapest rate and request a room on the airport side. That would be fine. Very friendly hotel for HH members.
Hilton room is 25m2, Hiton plus room is 25m2 on the high floor and DX room is 35m2. Hilton NRT is operated by Ishin hotel group and you may find the cheaper rate on the web of Ishin group.
http://www.ishinhotels.com/hilton-narita/en/
Old Apr 12, 05, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks all for the tips. Very helpful.

Is the breakfast American style or Japanese? If it's Japanese style, what does a Japanese breakfast consist of?
Old Apr 12, 05, 5:56 am
Suspended

Its very good value at Category 1 (10,000points) if you have some spare HHonors points.

I am Gold and used points; and was given a deluxe room on the top floor with 2 breakfast coupons

Breakfast was a full American with an egg station, inaddition to a Japanese spread. We had to rush through breakfast to catch the shuttle back to the terminal, hence did not sample the full offerings.

Last edited by mario33; Apr 12, 05 at 6:04 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: