Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Old Sep 25, 2003, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, A Advantage, HHonors, Marriott Rewards
Calling Airline to Get Targeted for Fast Track to Gold

I just called Delta to see if I could get targeted for the fast track offer. They could not find any info on this offer-said they need more info, ie letter content, codes, expiry. Any lucky Skymiles member willing to share that?
Old Sep 25, 2003, 5:17 pm

Anyone have any luck being able to get this promotion without the letter. We're going out of town tomorrow and are currently booked at a Marriott as it's cheaper and closer to where we want to be. But, We would change in a second if we could register for this. Ideas anyone?
G
Old Sep 25, 2003, 9:27 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tph4:
Anyone have any luck being able to get this promotion without the letter. We're going out of town tomorrow and are currently booked at a Marriott as it's cheaper and closer to where we want to be. But, We would change in a second if we could register for this. Ideas anyone?
G
</font>
I tried really hard. The CSR patiently checked both our names to see if we were targeted for anything. No go, even though we are elite on various airlines that are sending out these cards.

Old Sep 27, 2003, 4:11 am

Fast Track to Gold with American Express

Go there for information:

http://www.hilton-amex.com/ah_hhonors.php

Greets,
Tazmania
Old Oct 3, 2003, 4:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Two phone calls. Interestingly enough, everyone was a man. Just curious, because it seems like I almost always talk to women at HH, be they front line or supervisory. In any case...

Call #1:

HH: Hello, may I help you.
RD: Yes, I'm interested in knowing if I qualify for any fast track to gold promotions, particularly any that offer a 50K point bonus after four stays.
HH: (without even a pause!) No, there's nothing like that. (!!!)
RD: &lt;click&gt; (my standard response to a customer service representative who seems indifferent to the customer, service, or both -- much more effective than trying to freshen up a rotten apple)

Call #2: This one is edited down a bit, because this guy tried real hard to find a promo that would work for me.

HH: Hello, may I help you.
RD: Yes, I'm interested in knowing if I qualify for any fast track to gold promotions, particularly any that offer a 50K point bonus after four stays.
HH: OK, let me see if I can find a promotion that fits that description. Just a minute... Well, I found some, but they all say they're targetted. Let me try it anyway... No, the computer rejected.
RD: Is there any way you can override that?
HH: I can't, but maybe my supervisor can. Let me check. [three minute hold] I'm sorry, my supervisor said with the new system upgrades, even he can't override the targetted programs. What I can do is give you a 3,000 point courtesy credit, and 2,500 points on your next stay.
RD: Is that the AGNT bonus?
HH: Yes.
RD: Can I also enroll in AXSBS, which is 4 stays to gold without the 50K?
HH: Let me try... Yes, it took it.
RD: That's wonderful. Well, you've been great, could I speak to your supervisor to pass on my compliements.
HH: Certainly.
HHSup: Hello, may I help you?
RD: Yes, so and so was really helpful. He went out of his way to provide excellent service.
HHS: Well, thank you.
RD: By the way, is there any possibility I could get enrolled in one of those 50K FTTG promos?
HHS: [He researches a bit.] Unfortunately, we have no override control on these new promos. Very sorry.
RD: OK, thanks. Well kudos to my CSR, and you have a great weekend.
HHS: You, too.

I am currently earned gold until 4/04. And though I am almost certain to not requalify for gold, I will have 4 stays in Oct/Nov/Dec.

So I hope that after the 4th stay posts, my date will have been extended until 4/05. Me like breakfast. Free breakfast even better.

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 10-03-2003).]
Old Oct 4, 2003, 5:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:
Me like breakfast. Free breakfast even better. </font>
Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:16 am

Fast track to Gold - Targeted email

Stay just four times between October 15, 2003, and January 15, 2004,
and you'll automatically earn HHonors Gold VIP status, which normally
requires 16 stays per calendar year.

Currently Silver - Specifically says offer is valid for named recipient only. No code and no bonus points. Akita rating:

code edit

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 10-09-2003).]
Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:18 am

Existing Gold Receives Fast Track Gold Promo

Currently a Gold Level and just received the HH email offering me the Fast Track to Gold.
What a Fantastic Deal!!
I just called HH. They confirmed the mistake and will provide me the Diamond Fast Track offer.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 10:23 am

I would have liked to received the Gold promo even though I am a Gold now. I traveled very little this year and as a consequence, I will be down to &lt;BLUE&gt; in April. I would have loved to extend my Gold with just four stays.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 10:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yoko:
I would have liked to received the Gold promo even though I am a Gold now. I traveled very little this year and as a consequence, I will be down to &lt;BLUE&gt; in April. I would have loved to extend my Gold with just four stays.</font>
You may find HH will only reduce your level to Silver in April...good luck
Old Oct 9, 2003, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
I received one of these e-mails yesterday as well. I just wished it started one day sooner because I have a stay on October 14! Still I have two more stays this month while on vacation, so perhaps I'll make gold again after all!

Hilton may have wised up on using target promo numbers. If you want to target someone for a promotion and not open it up to everyone, why not just let the targeted people know that they've already been enrolled?

GWN
Old Oct 9, 2003, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
I got the e-mail too ...

Pretty ridiculous as I currently have 14 stays already this year.

Let's see ...

2 more stays between now and the end of the year (and I have more than that many already booked), and I'd have the 16 stays required to qualify for gold under the regular rules.

I fail to understand why I would be targeted by this promotion ...
Old Oct 9, 2003, 11:42 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RDY3238:
You may find HH will only reduce your level to Silver in April...good luck</font>
If they do.. it will be a change from this year... they are now in the position to drop from Gold to Blue..... Happened to me, called the CS and got Silver.. (whew).. then got Gold via the AA targeted gold promo.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I could be wrong, but I think it depends on how you achieved your last Gold, if they knock you down straight to Blue, bypassing Silver.

I think that if you earned Gold by the full 16 stays for example, they would knock you down to Silver for one year, if you didn't requalify.

If you earned your Gold by promo, match, challenge, stay just 2 more between such and such a date or any other method other than normal...then I think you get sent right to Blue.

I could be wrong about that, but there are enough folks around the office here that seem to support that theory to some degree.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
My wife just received this also. When does the status expire? I also wonder that if you called them they would somehow sweeten the pot to the 50K bonus that some are talking about.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.