Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Old Jul 3, 2002, 4:38 am

Programs: Various
Instant Gold status?

I'm sure there's a link or offercode at the moment to get instant Gold status with HHonors.

Can someone remind me what it is?

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jul 3, 2002, 5:47 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMannion:
I'm sure there's a link or offercode at the moment to get instant Gold status with HHonors.

Can someone remind me what it is?

Thanks,
Richard
</font>
Hi Richard.

The code is I think INTU for overseas HHonors and CNTU for us located here in the US.

There is another code you may be interested in, although I am not sure it is good for non-US HHonors. IT is ONMC -- and this should provide you with 2,500 HHonors points, instead of the normal 1,000 points, if you book on Hilton's website for stays booked and completed by 7/31/02.

Good luck!

By the way, the Gold code also carries with it amassing extra bonus points for each stay up to a total of 50,000 extra if you complete 4 stays within a 90 day period of signing up!

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 07-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 07-03-2002).]

Old Jul 3, 2002, 6:25 am

ONMC works for European based Hilton members. I did got 2500 points for a booking at Hilton Manchester Airport hotel.
Old Jul 3, 2002, 6:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH Silver
instant Gold:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:

The code is I think INTU for overseas HHonors and CNTU for us located here in the US.

By the way, the Gold code also carries with it amassing extra bonus points for each stay up to a total of 50,000 extra if you complete 4 stays within a 90 day period of signing up!
</font>
I signed up for INTU a couple of weeks ago without any problems by calling the US number, but the website still shows my status as Blue. So the change is certainly not always instant. I am hoping I will get Gold after completing the 4 stays...
Old Jul 3, 2002, 7:09 am

you can also just use your browser: https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/goldvip/index.asp?
Old Jul 3, 2002, 7:20 am

Programs: Various
Thanks for your answers so far!

I am already a Gold VIp but this one is for a coleague travelling with me, can I phone up on their behalf and register them for the INTU promo and get them the instant Gold status?

I'll be phoning the US Hilton HHonors team as I wouldn't waste my time with the UK team.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jul 3, 2002, 7:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gunnar:
instant Gold:

I signed up for INTU a couple of weeks ago without any problems by calling the US number, but the website still shows my status as Blue. So the change is certainly not always instant. I am hoping I will get Gold after completing the 4 stays...
</font>
Call up and signed my wife up for CNTU and when I got off the phone and checked her status online it was Gold already.
Old Jul 3, 2002, 9:29 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rgoel:
you can also just use your browser: https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/goldvip/index.asp?</font>
Does not seem to work for existing members?
Old Jul 4, 2002, 3:24 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Is Hilton trying to ruin the Status for people who actually earned GOLD. It is a shame that Hilton does something like this.
Old Jul 4, 2002, 6:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TonySymons:
Does not seem to work for existing members?</font>
From web site:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If you are already an HHonors member, please call the HHonors Customer Service Center nearest you to take advantage of this offer. </font>
Old Jul 4, 2002, 10:55 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA 100K:
Is Hilton trying to ruin the Status for people who actually earned GOLD. It is a shame that Hilton does something like this.</font>
Dont' worry (at least for the UK) as my wife called them as she is already a member and was firmly bounced from being given the offer even after she mentioned I was a Diamond.
Old Jul 4, 2002, 11:59 am

I've signed up for and been receiving the 50,000 promotion tiered points awards and the 2,500 for each online reservation. But I am still listed as a blue cardholder. My understanding was that you do not receive gold until AFTER you complete the four stays. Is that correct? If so, does the Gold take effect immediately upon completion of your fourth stay within the 90 days?
Old Jul 4, 2002, 6:54 pm

Understand that AAdvantage members can also get instant Gold with AAGU so long as you have the AA number in your profile.
Old Jul 5, 2002, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
What are you all talking about? To get HHonors Gold status all you have to do is show up at any of their properties worldwide and have a faint pulse.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
So other than AA members with a certain status, is it really "instant"?

(Not that four stays is so bad!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.