Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2007, 9:42 am
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Closest "T" Stop

Does anyone know the closest subway station to this hotel? And on which line?

I never rent a car or taxi into the city any more.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by wth
Does anyone know the closest subway station to this hotel? And on which line?

I never rent a car or taxi into the city any more.
Both the Blue Line Aquarium and State Street stops are just a few minutes walk. http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/serv...bway_stations=

You can walk a bit to Downtown Crossing or Government center but with bags that is a bit of a workout, especially dealing with the stairs at Government center.

Last edited by OB one; Aug 24, 2007 at 10:09 am
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:52 am
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by OB one
Both the Blue Line Aquarium and State Street stops are just a few minutes walk. http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/serv...bway_stations=

You can walk a bit to Downtown Crossing or Government center but with bags that is a bit of a workout, especially dealing with the stairs at Government center.
Thanks much for the local knowledge. I tried to use the MBTA Trip Planner before and was frustrated. Will give it another go.

And Downtown Crossing isn't always roller bag friendly depending on which exit one takes. I use when I stay at the Hyatt. Anyway, Blue Line is handiest from Logan.

Last edited by wth; Aug 25, 2007 at 12:01 pm
Old Aug 25, 2007, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
I stayed at this hotel for the first time this past Memorial Day weekend, and am going back next weekend (Labor Day).

The location of the hotel is very good, unless you want nightlife on a holiday weekend . But it is actually just a short walk to Faneuil Hall, et al. and a bit farther to the North End, so nightlife is not too far away. The up side is that it is very quiet. The hotel is older (but has been redone, so nice (if smallish) bathrooms, etc.) and has a lot of various-sized rooms, but most seem to be large and there are many suites. I am "only" Gold but was upgraded to a very nice two-room suite (1027), with living/dining (with wetbar) and separate BR. The breakfast buffet (cold is free for G/D, hot was $3 or $4 more, I think) was OK (I'm not a big breakfast eater so the cold was adequate for me). It is kind of dark, as it is surrounded by highrises on narrow Bostonian streets, and there is definitely no view from the rooms.

I have a photo of the floorplan here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/249/5...cad02cb8_o.jpg to help y'all with room selections.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 2:45 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
I had a 2-night stay last week. Upgraded to a suite (Rm 617), very spacious, and surprising, since the hotel was very busy (or perhaps that was why I got the upgrade). Small fruit bowl waiting, plus got two water bottles/day. Breakfest coupons were good for the hot buffet, so this may be a change. (Unlike certs used at other Hiltons, this one included "gratuity NOT included."). They seem to have lots of suites, and regular rooms are much larger than, e.g., Backbay Hilton. Used the subway at Government Center, saved one transfer, and only a 12-min walk to the hotel. And as indicated above, great spot if you are into the tourist thing.
No airport shuttle, but taxi was less than $20. Blue line not currently going to airport directly - have to transfer to buses, which stops at the remaining T stops. Was told this would continue into Oct.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by Zip
Blue line not currently going to airport directly - have to transfer to buses, which stops at the remaining T stops. Was told this would continue into Oct.
OT but relevant to this thread - The blue line never goes directly to the terminals at Logan. The Airport station is not within walking distance from the terminals and you have to transfer to buses anyway. The Silver Line to South Station is more convenient - it stops at every terminal and you can either walk to your hotel from South Station or get a cheap cab ride - without the ridiculous airport and toll surcharges.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 3:09 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lhj1723
OT but relevant to this thread - The blue line never goes directly to the terminals at Logan. The Airport station is not within walking distance from the terminals and you have to transfer to buses anyway. The Silver Line to South Station is more convenient - it stops at every terminal and you can either walk to your hotel from South Station or get a cheap cab ride - without the ridiculous airport and toll surcharges.
Correct. However, the blue line currently makes you transfer to buses about 5 stops BEFORE the airport station. It is correct that you again need to take another bus to the terminals.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
I just noticed that my phone says Wyndham Boston.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Any recent experiences?

I am debating between Hyatt and this Hilton for the 4th of July stay? Any advice from people who stayed in both properties would be appreciated.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by todorovic
I am debating between Hyatt and this Hilton for the 4th of July stay? Any advice from people who stayed in both properties would be appreciated.
I just returned from a two night stay at the Hilton - it was a very nice hotel, in a great location. Service was FANTASTIC. We also had a great meal at the restaurant the night we arrived, since we arrived a bit later than we expected.

I have not stayed at the Hyatt, however, I lived in Boston for many years and the location of the Hilton is much better than the Hyatt in my opinion.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 7:28 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thumbs up for this property - great location, near the subway, pubs, great Diamond treatment.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: AC 50K, MR Plat
Recent stay in Boston Financial Dsitrict...should I complain?

Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'm still a newbie!

Last edited by dP21; Aug 23, 2008 at 12:58 pm
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Why should you earn points, when the booking is in her name? Why should you expect an upgrade (to a suite?!?!), even if the booking had been in your name, when as a Silver your HH offers include:

"Silver VIP Members will receive:

* A 15% bonus on Base points earned during the period they are Silver VIP Members. Bonuses will be applied to stays in the order they are posted to the Member's account.
* Complimentary access during your stay to health club or fitness center where available and where the health club or fitness center is owned or operated by the hotel. However, at the Waldorf=Astoria® Collection (excluding the Waldorf=Astoria®) Silver VIP members will receive a welcome amenity instead of complimentary access to the health club or fitness center."

Let's see, did you earn Silver with four stays or ten nights annually, or is it because you have an AMEX HHonors card?

Thanks for a really great laugh today; I hope you had an enjoyable time in Boston.

Originally Posted by dP21
I recently stayed in the Hilton Financial District http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553878 with my fiancee for 4 nights.

<snip>

My question is as a silver, in this hotel, shouldn't I have been given a higher level at least?
Also, will I earn points for the stay although the reservation is in her name with me added to it (and Honors points)?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by dP21
...She was there on business and I'm a silver.
...We made the reservation directly through the hotel and 'requested' an upgrade to a suite
...The agent also mentioned there was no lounge at this hotel.
A suite?!? And since when do silvers get access to a lounge anyway?

Like JDiver said in the previous post...
Old Aug 23, 2008, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
First of all, the agent sounds like a typically New Englander (won't take a lot of BS from anyone). Sorry if she offended you by actually giving you what you were entitled to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.