Old May 22, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
sorry wrong section

Last edited by robnc35; May 22, 2017 at 11:55 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 11:59 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by robnc35
Hi All
Going to stay in this hotel in a couple weeks. Im Diamond. So looks like i will get at least executive lounge. But wondered during Ramadan do they serve alcohol in the lounge? Plus i will be at the double tree as well during that same period.
You will most probably be upgraded to a room 1 level higher with some welcome gift in the room. I have never been upgraded to a suite (I normally book the lowest category room). You should be able to have breakfast at the Paya Serai restaurant (they do have a roped off area for HHonors members - as the hotel these days seems to be packed with lots of tour groups per my experience the last few times)
As for alcohol, I believe it will still be available and will not be as strict as some of the Gulf countries - although I have not been there during the Ramadan period.

Do report back on your stay (and the progress of the Sheraton on the opposite side of the highway).

Cheers!
Old May 23, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Thanks Nldogbert will do
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
As Gold, booking cheapest sale room on a Thu night.
Upgraded to Exec Floor room.

Unfortunately Exec Floor drinks are now 6-8pm, and arriving at 8.03 no alcohol, and just a few snacks and desserts that remained out.
Had breakfast downstairs at the very good Paya Serai. Lots of staff and good selections.

Re the Sheraton above - lights were on, roadworks look complete, and a big banner confirming opening on October 16.

While a bit out of the city, an Uber back from Bukit Bintang at midnight cost MYR17 and only took 15min or so, so definitely doable to save a few $s
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by moa999
As Gold, booking cheapest sale room on a Thu night.
Upgraded to Exec Floor room.

Unfortunately Exec Floor drinks are now 6-8pm, and arriving at 8.03 no alcohol, and just a few snacks and desserts that remained out.
Had breakfast downstairs at the very good Paya Serai. Lots of staff and good selections.

Re the Sheraton above - lights were on, roadworks look complete, and a big banner confirming opening on October 16.

While a bit out of the city, an Uber back from Bukit Bintang at midnight cost MYR17 and only took 15min or so, so definitely doable to save a few $s
Hopefully with the opening of the Sheraton, they will give a run of money to the Hilton and improve again their service/treatment for elite members (seems that their cost cutting mode has persisted).

Cheers!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Hilton Petaling Jaya Review

I've been a long time flyertalk user but haven't ever posted much. I've stayed in quite a few hiltons now and will slowly start putting some reviews up as these forums have been tremendously helpful to me!

Date of Stay
Oct 2017

Getting there
As this was a business trip, I decided to use the Hilton pick up service. It is certainly much more expensive that a regular taxi (between double to triple depending on the fleet), but it is also less hassle. However, I was very please with the service and had a very informative driver.
If you do decide to book transfers with Hilton Petaling Jaya, they have 4 different fleets that you can choose from;
• Family (5-7 ppl) - Van
• Executive (2-3ppl) – Mercedes E-Class
• Premier (2-3ppl) – Nissan Teana
• MPV (3-5ppl) – Toyata Alphard

Arrival/Check In
I have a lot of family in Malaysia and had heard that Hilton PJ was one of the first big chains to arrive in the area. Many people warned that it could be dated, old, etc. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in as it clearly underwent extensive refurbishments internally despite the dated exterior. Check in was handled very well with Diamond recognition and an upgrade to a King Executive Suite on an executive floor. No waiting times either as they seem to keep an eye out if a queue starts to develop. I wish more hotels did this – seems like a customer service 101 sort of thing to me!

The Room
Upon arrival, there were Hilton branded chocolates and a thank you letter (diamond recognition) along with some local fruits and bottles of water. The room was very spacious but did feel a bit empty. Essentially, it is one very big room with a bed on one side and couches on the other. The two areas a separated by a work desk and a TV the swivels either side so that you can either watch in bed or on the sofa. There is also dining table and chairs which is convenient as there are quite a few good restaurants around to takeaway back to the room. The bathroom is very spacious with both a bathtub and a shower with the usual Peter Thomas Roth amenities.

King Executive Suite - Spacious but not a great layout

Hotel/Facilities
The hotel has quite a bit to do in there. There’s a late-night bar with live music and sports on TV, a great Japanese restaurant, the main restaurant where breakfast is served, a very well equipped gym and of course a swimming pool. The swimming pool is of a decent size, but I do get the impression that it was positioned to avoid the sun. It was rarely busy and has pool side service (although the beers are super expensive).
Another useful thing to mention is that they do have a shuttle service that takes you to the main

Executive Lounge - some of the evening canape spread

Seating in the Executive Lounge

The Food
I don’t usually eat in at hotels unless it’s free so I can only comment on the breakfast at the main restaurant Paya Serai. There is a huge selection of both Malaysian and western cuisines and as far as hotel breakfasts go, it’s pretty good. Make sure you ask them for an Egg Roti as they make it fresh. It’s a very popular breakfast food in Malaysia that is similar to Naan bread but with an egg folded into the dough as it’s being cooked.

The Executive Lounge
This was the highlight for me. The lounge staff are absolutely terrific and will bend over backwards to attend to your needs. The lounge looks great, has a fantastic selection of food and drinks and even has 3 boardrooms that you can use for meetings.
It is one of the few lounges where the evening canape session has more than enough to fill you up for dinner. They usually have little bowls of fried rice, noodles, chicken and an array of desserts.
Breakfast was also great in there. They have all the local breakfast foods (congee, nasi lemak, etc) but also have a cooked to order menu with a few typical western breakfast foods (omelette, pancakes, etc.).

Overall
I love coming back the Hilton Petaling Jaya. Although it isn’t in the city, it’s not very far by LRT (local metro) and is in a decent area. It is also very well priced and even better for points redemption at 10000 points a night.
The staff are very well trained and extremely helpful. It’s always a very pleasant stay and I have no hesitation recommending this property.
RafKa likes this.

Last edited by Daniel Koh; Jan 8, 2018 at 8:51 am Reason: Added Pictures
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:10 pm

I had a stay in December. I was upgraded to executive club access as gold booking the lowest room .

The club was perfectly, although drinks are not self-service.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by camsean
I had a stay in December. I was upgraded to executive club access as gold booking the lowest room .

The club was perfectly, although drinks are not self-service.
You can pour them yourself but they also do it for you.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel Koh
You can pour them yourself but they also do it for you.
During my stay the alcoholic drinks were not on display. There was no self-pour at all.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
DT KL or Hilton PJ, looking to catch 11am flight
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by elephentravels
DT is much more newer than Hilton PJ. I would prefer DT. Regarding to your 11 am flight, therefore you should take taxi and have yourself checked-in online for your flight. BF would started at 6:30 am (or 7 am, I didn't remember). So calculate carefully.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Either is fine to leave at 0830 in a grab. DT KL has a straight highway, PJH would be a bit of a crawl, get a grab or if you want take to be safe, a train from Sentral. Latest 0930 train would bring you to the airport at 1000.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
assuming this flight is from KLIA/KLIA2 and not Subang ?

As others have mentioned, both properties take similar time to get to KLIA by taxi .... or you could opt for LRT then KLIA Express train.

If you have some time to spend the day before in the hotel I would choose DTKL as it's connected to some shops & eating outlets. Hilton PJ also has similar outlets nearby but requires crossing a big road ... and it might be raining. From your profile seems you have top status from SPG/Marriott ? Sheraton PJ is brand new and right opposite the Hilton PJ, and there's plenty of choice near Sentral (LM, Aloft, StR, AC Collection). Or just stay at LM / Marriott Putrajaya which is halfway to KLIA (20-30 minutes)
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Yes flight from KLIA. Thanks for the inputs, i'm actually doing the challenge for the Diamond status match, so will need to stay at a hilton property. First night will be staying at Hilton KL Sentral (expensed), and 2nd night on my own
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Quick query. At 5am, I am coming off a red-eye ex-rgn for an upcoming stay here. Is the MYR70 price still accurate (on the hotel website) for a taxi from KUL to the hotel.? I have 45kg in baggage, and I don't feel like a train->taxi schlep if I can reasonably get a cab. Also the whole getting-a-cab-at-KL-central-rush-hour problem.

I will be sure to post an update on diamond treatment here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.