Hilton Petaling Jaya {MYS}

Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:43 pm

If you could take & post some pictures from the gym (equipment), that would be very much appreciated
The pictures of the DT KL gym seemed great for a hotel gym, so I was leaning towards booking there. If the gym at this property is on par, I'd at least consider moving half my stay there. So any pictures of either gym would help a lot making that decision.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:39 am
jxd

anyone found C+P rates for this hotel? Not getting any.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:51 pm

The gym....

Originally Posted by SR12
If you could take & post some pictures from the gym (equipment), that would be very much appreciated
The pictures of the DT KL gym seemed great for a hotel gym, so I was leaning towards booking there. If the gym at this property is on par, I'd at least consider moving half my stay there. So any pictures of either gym would help a lot making that decision.

I've stayed at this property, the DT gym is excellent, but is open to public, as is the Hilton Petaling Jaya. The Hilton PJ is a commercial gym, Clark Fitness specifically - it has a wide variety of equipment but it's older equipment - ie not the latest in technology. The ceilings are low.

It's a 24 hour gym. They don't put the a/c cold enough.

https://www.facebook.com/clarkhatchp...type=3&theater

Some photos i found on facebook..
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by templar42
I'm thinking of booking a 17 night stay at Hilton PJ in July and August. As a Gold, do you think it would be more sensible to book perhaps two 7 night stays and have a few days elsewhere in the middle to maximise my upgrade chances? I'm assuming that granting an executive floor upgrade is easier for them for shorter bookings than longer ones, but is this generally true?
I stayed there last week, was upgraded to a King Suite a day before the stay...YMMV.

I've stayed previously and only got a standard room but exec floor access.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Sorry for getting a bit OT, but how did you get the info on the Sheraton? Since the last Sheraton at Subang (years agao) went off the SPG map, there has not been much growth in the area besides that Aloft about 2 years ago.
Was around the area few weeks ago and was surprised again at the construction in the area... people I knew did not know what was coming up - but now I know

I'd suggest getting off at Taman Jaya, i've done the walk across the 6 lane road at Asia Jaya and it's hard and perilous, and much prefer taman jaya station, quieter and the walk is quieter (although they are doing construction there now). Women might feel uncomfortable walking there late at night but it never bothers me.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jxd
Nope.. Never spotted any C+P even before the category change. I wonder why..
Old Apr 10, 2016, 12:46 am
jxd

Originally Posted by gummibar
Nope.. Never spotted any C+P even before the category change. I wonder why..
Hoping to see some c+p rates soon else I'll probably stick to the DT.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
The Clark Hatch fitness facility also features excellent sauna and steam facilities though unfortunately if you are travelling with your significant other you cannot use them together as they are single sex facilities. I was also surprised that most of the club members, mainly young Asian lads hit the sauna with no swimming trunks on! while I'm certainly not prude just did not think that was acceptable in Islamic countries, though that is probably why men and woman cant use the facilities together, whereas in Europe our saunas are co-ed and we think nothing of it.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by jxd
Booked an Executive Plus room for 4k + 145 MYR, stay at end of May.
Old May 11, 2016, 5:16 am
jxd

Found some C+P rates too, might be going next week
Old May 15, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, A-Club Gold
1. Stayed here over the weekend at the flash sale rate of MYR 213++.

2. Recognized as a Diamond at check-in and was offered lounge check-in option.

3. Pre-upgraded to a suite without asking.

4. Asked for late check-out until 4pm but was only given until 2pm. Reason being that they have to prepare the suite for the next guest.

5. Not much food options around the hotel - it's also hard to get out, due to the current rainy season.

6. Hotel food's not cheap. A plate of fried noodles (mamak mee goreng) cost MYR 48, while fruit juices cost MYR 20+.

7. The evening cocktail was good. There were snacks and hot food - good enough for dinner.

8. Not many channels on TV - 15 in all. The complimentary premium Internet was not blazingly fast but decent enough to still stream Netflix.

9. Breakfast in the lobby restaurant was comprehensive. However, they couldn't refill fast enough due to the high volume of customers.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Stayed recently at this property again (twice- two one nights). Noticed that this time even as a Diamond member (the last few times was just a lowly gold) on both occasion was not upgraded to a suite or even the EL level.

I also noticed that they seem to have cut back on the welcome amenities. Used to always receive a fruit plate and a welcome card, small plate of handmade chocolates, however this time on both occasion, only a small plate of fruit was there with no welcome card nor chocolates.

Other than that, the construction at the back of the hotel is still ongoing (not sure when they will finish as it seems like eons long it has been under construction). The good news is that the road front of the hotel is now construction free.

Noticed that they have close to an hourly complimentary shuttle to the close by MRT, and at some hours even down to the Mid-Vally shopping mall.

And to add, they seemed to have changed the breakfast layout and some of the services. For me, it looks like an improvement compared to the previous layout, although did noticed that they don't change the offerings like the last time - on both occasion having breakfast I noticed the same dishes. Lounge offerings looks to be the same.

Cheers!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:09 am

Just checked into this hotel. While arrived no one is outside helping for heavy baggages.

Recognition of Diamond status at the front desk. Go up to club floor for check in. No one is at the club desk.

Checked in with no upgrades but Hhonors apps still can book plenty of suites.

Room with noisy toilet fan is given. End up changing another room and finally settle down.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by dlhy
Just checked into this hotel. While arrived no one is outside helping for heavy baggages.

Recognition of Diamond status at the front desk. Go up to club floor for check in. No one is at the club desk.

Checked in with no upgrades but Hhonors apps still can book plenty of suites.

Room with noisy toilet fan is given. End up changing another room and finally settle down.
Thanks for your update dlhy, we're glad you could by now settle in at the Hilton Petaling Jaya, have you received any welcome amenities as Diamond?

How is the Executive Lounge and what's on offer?

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:08 pm

Hi uggboy,

Sorry for the late reply. I received a fruit platter and 4 pieces chocolate on my first room and due to change room i got nothing. =P

I had my breakfast yesterday down at the restaurant and today at the exec lounge. Personally I think that the food quality is better in the lounge with enough hot foods and you have selections of made to order eggs and pancakes.
But they don't tend to clear the table once the customer leave so you have to find your self a spot and find your way to the clean knife and fork.

Breakfast is from 6.30 - 10.30am weekdays and -11am on weekends
They have some refreshments from 3 - 5pm
Evening drinks and canapes is from 6 - 8.30pm weekdays - 8pm on the weekends

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.