Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Hilton Dublin Airport
Northern Cross, Malahide Rd., Dublin, Ireland D17
Tel. +353.0.1.866.1800 Fax: -1866
This property is
5 km / 3 mi (10-15 minutes) away in Kinsaley (Northern Cross), not at the airport at all.

The shuttle runs every 40 minutes from 5AM to 1AM daily and picks up and drops off at Zone 16. The shuttle service is complimentary to all guests.

Comparatively, a one-way taxi on your own is roughly €15. (As of 2018).

From Terminal 1:

When you exit the arrivals hall there will be a white multi-storey car park in front of you. If you follow the signs to hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pickup point. It takes approximately 2 minutes to get there.

From Terminal 2:

When you exit the arrival hall please cross the road and there is a glass covered walkway. If you follow the walkway all the way to the end while still following signs for the hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pick up point. It takes approximately 5 minutes from T2 to the pick up point.[/quote]

More information on getting there, including a link to current shuttle schedule and map PDF here.

The property has five numbered floors, in-room dining; the Burnell restaurant is open at 6:30 am for breakfast, does not offer lunch and opens at 6:00 pm for dinner. The Burnell bar is open 7:00 am "until late" and serves pub food from 11:00 am on.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Dublin Airport {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 7:01 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
And that's why I said "within reason".
Old May 3, 2019, 7:11 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Well, the 13:30 bus from the hotel today was special. I was waiting in the hotel lobby, saw the bus start to turn in, and by the time I got outside, it was gone. Apparently no one got off and no one was waiting outside, so the driver just left. People are advised to be outside a couple minutes before the bus is supposed to show up.

Last edited by stc; May 3, 2019 at 12:22 pm
Old May 3, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

My mother and I had an overnight stay here on 9th April alfter flying in from edinburgh before getting a Cathay Pacific flight to HKG and Tokyo.
We took a taxi both ways from the airport ( I do not know how you would get on the bus for free if you do not have a HH Card or app)

Stay was ok with no issues. Given 2 rooms on the first floor just on the opposite side from the gym ( small but fine and open 24 hrs)

No special diamond recognition or amenities but got the breakfast buffet free for both our rooms ( 2 people in total)

Rooms were fine and quiet.

Since the last time I was there there is now a large spar and coffee shop just along Malahide road from the hotel ( closes at 9pm) together with the Tesco in the shopping centre across the junction.

The breakfast buffett was good and they had a separate sitting area for Hilton Gold/Diamond members at the far end of the restaurant ( there was some sparkling wine and salmon beside the cash register in the area but we were not offered any and did not fancy wine at that time ( given we would have wine on board the HKG flight

Overall an ok stay.

Regards

TBS
wizla likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:20 pm
stc

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot

( I do not know how you would get on the bus for free if you do not have a HH Card or app)

Well, assuming you have a smart phone, I just went to www.hilton.com with Chrome on my iPhone, signed in, and that brought up the screen saying "Diamond; you need N more stays to stay Diamond next year" (or words to that affect) and showed it to the driver. Note that did not work in Safari because it kept on saying to use the CAPTCHA but refused to show it.

I think I might have even gotten away with just saying "Hi, I'm Diamond." IDK (I don't know).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by stc
Well, assuming you have a smart phone, I just went to www.hilton.com with Chrome on my iPhone, signed in, and that brought up the screen saying "Diamond; you need N more stays to stay Diamond next year" (or words to that affect) and showed it to the driver. Note that did not work in Safari because it kept on saying to use the CAPTCHA but refused to show it.

I think I might have even gotten away with just saying "Hi, I'm Diamond." IDK (I don't know).
Hi,

Good Idea! Thanks

But with 2 cases each ( suitcase and a rollon) the taxi was convienient.

Might try this in Jul when I am lilkely to be back in Dublin before getting a cheaper BA flight somewhere.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:57 pm

The wiki indicates that the airport shuttle is complimentary for Hilton Elite members. What happens if I book a twin room and my partner has no status - does one person go free and the other pays? Or do both go free? I wrote the hotel an e-mail, but they have not replied even after a chaser.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by puchong
The wiki indicates that the airport shuttle is complimentary for Hilton Elite members. What happens if I book a twin room and my partner has no status - does one person go free and the other pays? Or do both go free? I wrote the hotel an e-mail, but they have not replied even after a chaser.
can’t help you with an answer, but is it really important ? Is it going to change your decision to use depending on whether it costs you nothing or €5 ?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:44 pm
stc

Originally Posted by puchong
I think it is safe to assume that it is free for everyone staying in a Hilton Elite Room.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Does anyone have any recent information regarding the shuttle / timetable?

I have asked the hotel for the relevant info and they haven't been forthcoming....
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Does anyone have any recent information regarding the shuttle / timetable?

I have asked the hotel for the relevant info and they haven't been forthcoming....

I'd phone again. They were very helpful when I called a couple of weeks back. Told me to call them when I got to DUB, and they's launch the shuttle. Which is what happened. They gave me a taxi going back to the airport. I've no idea if that' within their normal procedures, or a form of goodwill (there'd been problems with my room).
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Got there end the end.....

"Our shuttle bus operates from 5AM-00:00. The bus departs the hotel on the hour and half hour, You must call the hotel when you are at arrive at Dublin Airport to arrange a collection the bus does not run continuously. The collection point for guests will be at Zone 16 which is located between both terminals 1 &2, You must contact the hotel on 00353 1 8661800 when you arrive into Dublin Airport.
The shuttle bus is complimentary for hotel guests."
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Got there end the end.....

"Our shuttle bus operates from 5AM-00:00. The bus departs the hotel on the hour and half hour, You must call the hotel when you are at arrive at Dublin Airport to arrange a collection the bus does not run continuously. The collection point for guests will be at Zone 16 which is located between both terminals 1 &2, You must contact the hotel on 00353 1 8661800 when you arrive into Dublin Airport.
The shuttle bus is complimentary for hotel guests."
Used this a few weeks back. Got the 5am shuttle, which was a 12-16 seater bus. Takes less than 15 mins to get to the airport, certainly at that time of day. Drops outside both T1&T2.

Its getting it at the airport that the system lets down a bit. Firstly, zone 16 is where all the hotel shuttles pick-up from, and its a reasonable walk when you have suitcases, and not immediately obvious when you exit the terminal where you need to go. Then when we got there, and I phoned, it was a good 25 minute wait, appears the bus had just picked up some and was heading to the hotel when I phoned. It was a full size bus that arrived, with just a small indication on it that it was the hilton bus, so could have easily been missed. Many of the other airport hotels run multiple buses, saw 3-4 carlton buses come and go whilst we were waiting. When we got to the hotel, I asked the desk to authorise the parking ticket, she took it and did some stamping and punching on it and said that was done. What she didn't say was that I still needed to present it to the payment machine for it to be validated (albeit at no cost at the machine). I only found this out when the barrier wouldn't open.

Being a bit fuzzy after MIA-LHR-DUB, I wasn't really geared up for the 25 min wait and the hassle with the ticket, just wanted to get on the road back home.

As I recall it was €5 per day.

So although really handy leaving the hotel, a lot more faff trying to get to the hotel,especially with cases. If you time it wrong, it can be a 30 min wait, and there are ZERO seats in the zone 16 area.

In the round rather than going down the night before and using that hotel, I'll probably just go on the day and use the airport car parks.
Ryanfozzie and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Used the shuttle bus today. Arrived in T2 and noticed posters of the airport map are by the luggage belts. Very useful perusing while waiting for my bags. Actually found the route to Area 16 quite well signed and mostly covered walkways.

However, note the actual collection point varies depending on the size of the bus used. Today only a 16 seater transit van therefore its parking/collection point is within a designated area within Area 16 close to the vehicle entry/exit gates. Overall great free service and the hotel staff were excellent coordinating with the driver. He actually came and looked to find me..
Old May 1, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question Hilton Dublin Airport or Maldron Dublin Airport?

HH Diamond here and traveling w/ 2 high-school kids. Driving from other side of Ireland and looking for a night to crash for a flight the next day around1300hrs back home to USA. I read something about showing up 3 hours in advance for all the pre-clearance stuff.

Option 1: Hilton Dublin Airport. Should I stay here (room type confirmed for 2 not sure if they will give hard time w/ 2nd kid or upgrade us complimentary to bigger rome as Diamond). Stay booked on points.

Option 2: Maldron Dublin Airport w/ bedding for 3. Reviews of the place aren't that great on trip advisor. Looking at google looks like a 20min walk back after dropping the rental car so not bad for me alone. Stay also booked on points using Chase UL.

Ideally I would love to drop the kids, let them settle in and return the rental car at Avis the night before so I can hop a shuttle to the airport the next morning.

However, I am ok keeping the rental car, if Hilton is a better, and dumping it off the next morning at the Avis DUB instead if other suggest that option.

Looking for suggestions between the 2 properties and when to get rid of the rental car.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
I'd stay at the Maldron because it's within walking distance of the terminal building albeit an uncovered walkway. Also there's better direct bus links into the city centre.

Hilton Dublin airport provides a half hourly free shuttle to the airport but the surrounding area is pretty dull. Apart from a Tesco food store there's nothing out there..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.