Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Hilton Dublin Airport
Northern Cross, Malahide Rd., Dublin, Ireland D17
Tel. +353.0.1.866.1800 Fax: -1866
This property is
5 km / 3 mi (10-15 minutes) away in Kinsaley (Northern Cross), not at the airport at all.

The shuttle runs every 40 minutes from 5AM to 1AM daily and picks up and drops off at Zone 16. The shuttle service is complimentary to all guests.

Comparatively, a one-way taxi on your own is roughly €15. (As of 2018).

From Terminal 1:

When you exit the arrivals hall there will be a white multi-storey car park in front of you. If you follow the signs to hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pickup point. It takes approximately 2 minutes to get there.

From Terminal 2:

When you exit the arrival hall please cross the road and there is a glass covered walkway. If you follow the walkway all the way to the end while still following signs for the hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pick up point. It takes approximately 5 minutes from T2 to the pick up point.[/quote]

More information on getting there, including a link to current shuttle schedule and map PDF here.

The property has five numbered floors, in-room dining; the Burnell restaurant is open at 6:30 am for breakfast, does not offer lunch and opens at 6:00 pm for dinner. The Burnell bar is open 7:00 am "until late" and serves pub food from 11:00 am on.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Dublin Airport {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uggboy
Thanks T8191 for your insights, well received and appreciated.

Indeed, the Hilton DUB isn't the value/quality proposition it once was.

The Maldron DUB was recently fully renovated and from what we can see on their website it looks gorgeous, plus it looks like they offer good food/value too.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Maldron and gorgeous don't belong in the same sentence It is still the best choice at DUB, along with the Radisson, since you can walk to the airport avoiding all the shuttle nonsense. Hotels in Ireland generally suck anyway so just stay at the most convenient place and try and enjoy.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Hotels in Ireland generally suck anyway so just stay at the most convenient place and try and enjoy.
You might struggle to find something equally a really good 5-star, but your statement is far too dismissive.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:17 am

The hotel has amended their times slightly for the shuttle service, presumably due to the service being late on a few occasions. Here is the link:

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/med...dule_Aug17.pdf

The main hotel website reads as "Shuttle bus every 30 minutes. Peak times every 45 minutes".

Previously, the hotel website read as every 30 minutes (traffic permitting) and the times on the .pdf were given every 30 minutes. Here is the timetable when the new service was launched, and which has now become superseded by the new timetable. The new timetable seems similar to the timetable before the new service was launched (one version of which is shown here).
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I don't think I realised that the new shuttle was going to be a shared shuttle between other hotels - I looked back and Flyman2017 mentioned it, as well as T8191 in the post preceding this one (and possibly others too!).
Used the Hilton and the Shuttle last week.
  • Bus (big yellow one) is NOT shared. Hilton logos on the windows.
  • Payment either cash or by waving HHons Gold/Diamond card. I confess to waving a recently-expired HHons Gold card, which wasn't checked at all
  • Only a handful of pax on our journeys, so how long they will use the big bus is a question. Must be uneconomic, but then I guess they had some 10-yo buses lying around with nothing else to do!
  • Hilton disappointing. No outside seating any more, Burnell's refurbished to look like a factory canteen and prices seem higher then before. Staff seemed less friendly. WiFi was utterly useless: took about an hour to achieve OLCI.

Last edited by T8191; Aug 14, 2017 at 11:24 am
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by T8191
WiFi was utterly useless: took about an hour to achieve OLCI.
What is it with Hilton's wifi and BA.com? The last couple of times I've tried to do OLCI in a Hilton it's not worked well at all.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:53 pm

I've not ever noticed a problem on the wifi specifically with BA but I've had trouble with wifi at the hotel a few times - and ended up just using the guest computers/printers by the front doors to print boarding passes or other documents that I needed to download.

This is partly one of the reasons that I sent the hotel the boarding passes myself when I've organised people to stay over at this hotel the night before (i.e. mostly family for whom I help them organise travel). They are usually kind and will print off the attachments ready for my parents or other family to turn up.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Yes, I ended up standing at the one serviceable PC in Reception. I hate using public computers, in case I forget to log out of BAEC.

Last time we will be using the Hilton, I'm sure, unless there's a serious price benefit.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:13 am

Some experiences from a Day Rate stay between flights as Diamond member.

Rate was a reasonable 50 euros for a 9am to 6pm stay (although it came down to 45 euros, so you may be as well waiting until the day to book).

The bus was efficient, arriving on time in both directions. I had my Diamond card open on my phone and waved it in the general direction of the driver but it wasn't checked. Not many passengers in either direction.

My flight was delayed, so I didn't arrive until about 10am, but there was no room ready. Instead, I was allowed breakfast in the dining hall (I believe they serve until 10:30am on weekdays). Some confusion when I arrived at breakfast, as I clearly wasn't on the list as entitled. The breakfast was very good, with a decent hot selection, an unusual choice for the egg dish (steamed eggs), good self-serve coffee and continental items too. They did seem rather short staffed. I think you can ask for other egg types, but I saw one person was waiting rather a long time for these.

Now, of course as a Diamond I would be entitled to breakfast anyway, but they don't seem to recognise status levels on reward stays. No room upgrade (didn't matter for the time I was there), no water, no personalised letter or drinks voucher etc. The room was ready when I checked back at 10:30am (I don't think they're all that used to Day Rate stays).

Still have to see if points etc post successfully, but it's a good alternative to waiting in the airport for a few hours (and hopefully a cheap way to add an extra "stay" if you need to requalify for status benefits, like I did).
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just to say that I found yesterday that if you book a twin room they won't upgrade you, even as a Diamond member, as all rooms available for upgrades only have single/king beds. Just a warning.
Coupled with no upgrades if you check in online, makes this an unpopular choice for me now at DUB,
Old Apr 8, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
Just to say that I found yesterday that if you book a twin room they won't upgrade you, even as a Diamond member, as all rooms available for upgrades only have single/king beds. Just a warning.
Coupled with no upgrades if you check in online, makes this an unpopular choice for me now at DUB,
I found the Hilton DUB airport to be the most inconsistent property in relation to upgrades.
5 nights so far this year at this hotel, always booked the basic room and checked in online.
I was upgraded twice to a deluxe corner room that comes with bathrobe, slippers and coffee machine.
In two occasions I was allocated a different room compared to what I choose during online check in but not upgraded. Just higher floor.
Once I was told no upgrade because checked in online, not even water provided as part of the basic benefit.
I spend about 10 nights every year at this location, it has never been consistent in the last 3 years
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
After a recent 2 night stay, I thought I would update this thread.

The transfer bus runs every 45 minutes. There is somewhere under cover to wait, but as a bus stop type shelter, it is not heated. Expect to get wet if it is raining. The bus was on time and a brief scan of my digital Diamond card was sufficient for a free journey. This was on a 15 seat mini bus with one other passenger. The transfer took less than 15 minutes, although again, if it is raining, you will get wet getting into the hotel.

Check in was fast and while mention of my Diamond status was referenced, nothing was offered proactively. Having not received an upgrade, I asked what the hotel policy was. I was told the hotel was full. I showed that all room types were still available for sale on both nights and was told that the rooms were not available to them. I asked if they ever upgrade people and was met with a wry smile. I was told breakfast was complimentary in the restaurant. They no longer issue bar vouchers as a substitute for not having an executive lounge. This is counter productive because with a 10 minute walk there is a diner and large Tesco. I did not eat in the hotel in the evenings, which had I been drawn in with a voucher, I probably would have stayed. The prices seemed reasonable. 12 Euros for a pizza. 16 for a burger.

The room was fine and the bed comfortable. But absolutely nothing special. The curtains were heavy duty with blackouts but came away at each end to allow light around the side. The furniture was cheap looking wood and showing its age with scars. The heating kept the room acceptable at 20 degrees, but would not raise it to the set point of 23.Two bottles of water were already in the room. The bathroom was clean but the water pressure in the sinks / showers was woeful.

Underground parking was a bonus in the sub-zero temperatures at reasonable for an airport hotel at Euro 7.5 per night for residents. All the staff were friendly.

I feel that the management do take advantage of the benefits of having the Hilton Brand bringing guests in but they do not recognise those guests when they get there. Justifying this with "occupancy is high" is self-defeating as eventually their reputation will catch up with them. Given the lack of status benefits and the lack of an Executive lounge, I will go back to the Crowne Plaza next time I need a hotel here.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
...I feel that the management do take advantage of the benefits of having the Hilton Brand bringing guests in but they do not recognise those guests when they get there. Justifying this with "occupancy is high" is self-defeating as eventually their reputation will catch up with them. Given the lack of status benefits and the lack of an Executive lounge, I will go back to the Crowne Plaza next time I need a hotel here.
Your review and sentiment expressed above mirrors mine exactly; have not stayed here for almost two years and also switched my business to the Crowne Plaza and even stayed a couple of times at the Premier Inn (Airport), which I quite liked.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:13 pm

Car break in

I am a long time guest at the hotel , and my car was broken into in the car park and items stolen.

the Police were called and commented that security was poor at the hotel.

on the previous evening, they removed the gates at the car park allowing the thieves clear access to the hotel. The hotel management's response was very poor, send a claim in and they would pass it on to the car park operator (themselves) and that's the way it would be dealt with. No apologies or gestures to a guest who has been staying there since the week it opened. The new GM commutes from Manchester 3 days a week. On the vouchers front, they do have their own and I got official ones (new) in Templepatrick the other evening.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:43 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
At the hotel now. Other than getting them to use the charge card I want, as opposed to the one on my profile, there have been no problems and the stay has been above average. As diamond on a paid stay, I was upgraded to a corner room on the top (fifth) floor. Four bottles (two still + two sparkling) of complimentary water in the room. Bed is typical. Hotel shuttle runs EVERY 30 minutes except during rush hour (7 AM to 10 AM and 4 PM to 7 PM) when it is every 45 minutes. I suspect this is because of bad traffic and I doubt there is anything the hotel could do within reason to solve that problem.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:53 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by stc
Hotel shuttle runs EVERY 30 minutes except during rush hour (7 AM to 10 AM and 4 PM to 7 PM) when it is every 45 minutes. I suspect this is because of bad traffic and I doubt there is anything the hotel could do within reason to solve that problem.
They could buy a second bus and employ another driver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.