Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Hilton Dublin Airport
Northern Cross, Malahide Rd., Dublin, Ireland D17
Tel. +353.0.1.866.1800 Fax: -1866
This property is
5 km / 3 mi (10-15 minutes) away in Kinsaley (Northern Cross), not at the airport at all.

The shuttle runs every 40 minutes from 5AM to 1AM daily and picks up and drops off at Zone 16. The shuttle service is complimentary to all guests.

Comparatively, a one-way taxi on your own is roughly €15. (As of 2018).

From Terminal 1:

When you exit the arrivals hall there will be a white multi-storey car park in front of you. If you follow the signs to hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pickup point. It takes approximately 2 minutes to get there.

From Terminal 2:

When you exit the arrival hall please cross the road and there is a glass covered walkway. If you follow the walkway all the way to the end while still following signs for the hotel/coach parking the signs will take you to the pick up point. It takes approximately 5 minutes from T2 to the pick up point.[/quote]

More information on getting there, including a link to current shuttle schedule and map PDF here.

The property has five numbered floors, in-room dining; the Burnell restaurant is open at 6:30 am for breakfast, does not offer lunch and opens at 6:00 pm for dinner. The Burnell bar is open 7:00 am "until late" and serves pub food from 11:00 am on.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Dublin Airport {IRL}

Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:27 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by goldencondor
I benefited from a free shuttle there and back earlier this year. Five euros return not a bad price compared to those Heathrow Hoppas, but still a disappointing development.
While 5 Euros in itself don't sound much, especially against the LHR based hotels which often depend on the Hoppa bus services, here at the Hilton DUB we should't forget that such bus services had been complimentary [both ways to/from hotel-airport], after this charges appeared at 2 E p.p from hotel to DUB, and now [from August 1st] it's 3 E one-way or 5 E to/from DUB/hotel/DUB, plus they aren't offering any drinks vouchers anymore to Golds/Diamonds alike, plus overnight rates creeping up and there isn't a lounge either at this Hilton, that's something to keep in mind when booking this hotel.

IMHO, the overall value proposition has pretty much weakened into negative territory in terms of what they offer and how much it actually costs to stay with them, at least for now with all the cuts/rules/new added fees/costs brought in, not forgetting that they made their shuttle bus drivers redundant and outsourced this service, it adds up IMHO, but as a poster mentioned above, the hotel seems to be nevertheless to experience high occupancy volumes. It's for the guest to decide where to stay and what's of value to them.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I asked why they treated Diamonds so badly and the answer was they don't need to as they are always full.
????!!!

If true, this is a ridiculous statement for them to mention out loud to their customers.

Was this management that said this???

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jul 19, 2017 at 9:11 am
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
IMHO, the overall value proposition has pretty much weakened into negative territory in terms of what they offer and how much it actually costs to stay with them, at least for now with all the cuts/rules/new added fees/costs brought in, not forgetting that they made their shuttle bus drivers redundant and outsourced this service, it adds up IMHO, but as a poster mentioned above, the hotel seems to be nevertheless to experience high occupancy volumes. It's for the guest to decide where to stay and what's of value to them.
I have had a similar view of how I consider the value at this hotel, though I know others have dissimilar views given it has been discussed in the past. I have stayed in several of the other airport hotels. The only draw to this hotel were the Diamond drinks voucher benefit as the value is basically the same otherwise, even after considering the Gold/Diamond breakfast and the points earning opportunities with Hilton (vs. earning in the Club Carlson program at the Raddison, or the cheaper rates at the Clayton or Maldron). Ignoring the tier in loyalty program, the shuttle cost increasing makes it harder to differentiate the Hilton from any of the others given the additional distance and time relative to the alternatives (which is an important consideration given my flights are always late evening or early morning). With Diamond status, it is still difficult to justify too.

I have had excellent service from the shuttle staff in the past. I have written in to compliment them - especially for evening arrivals - as they have gone out of their way to be friendly, and have often made my visit significantly more relaxing after they had finished the drive from DUB to the Hilton (e.g. offering to take my bags to the room). Their enthusiasm sometimes has been infectious and motivating, and it is these positive instances that I have enjoyed and valued.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jul 19, 2017 at 9:15 am
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:06 am

Confirmed: The shuttle service will still be 'free' for Gold and Diamond members.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Confirmed: The shuttle service will still be 'free' for Gold and Diamond members.
Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
From the airport to the hotel only, as before, or in both directions?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:23 pm

Thanks Simon Schus that's good news for Gold/Diamond members, hopefully in both ways from/to DUB? [because pricing is now different]

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:46 pm

I was told both directions as presumably they will charge it to your room. However, the proof will be when it is implemented from August 1st. I'm not due back at this hotel for a while- perhaps mid-August at the earliest and if not then perhaps November.

Hopefully somebody can confirm with experience soon!

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jul 21, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
If true, this is a ridiculous statement for them to mention out loud to their customers.

Was this management that said this???
Frankly, I'd rather they be honest.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Assuming 'free' means free, that's good to read! Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We have used the hotel a couple of times a year for the last 4 years or so, on night-stops before early-ish flights. Part of the reasoning was, as fairly infrequent travellers, it gave us a chance to retain HHons Gold. However, as others have noted, things have slipped away. The drinks voucher was the start, then the room with the non-functioning shower, and earlier this year the steep price increases at Burnell's. And now the shared shuttle, at greater cost?

We will be passing through again in a couple of weeks, on our way to the US. Having slipped to HHons Silver, all membership benefits (especially the free breakfast) will now have disappeared and thus, quite frankly, there's little point in booking with them in the future. Maldron here we come, it seems.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by T8191
We have used the hotel a couple of times a year for the last 4 years or so, on night-stops before early-ish flights. Part of the reasoning was, as fairly infrequent travellers, it gave us a chance to retain HHons Gold. However, as others have noted, things have slipped away. The drinks voucher was the start, then the room with the non-functioning shower, and earlier this year the steep price increases at Burnell's. And now the shared shuttle, at greater cost?

We will be passing through again in a couple of weeks, on our way to the US. Having slipped to HHons Silver, all membership benefits (especially the free breakfast) will now have disappeared and thus, quite frankly, there's little point in booking with them in the future. Maldron here we come, it seems.
Thanks T8191 for your insights, well received and appreciated.

Indeed, the Hilton DUB isn't the value/quality proposition it once was.

The Maldron DUB was recently fully renovated and from what we can see on their website it looks gorgeous, plus it looks like they offer good food/value too.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:24 am

I don't think I realised that the new shuttle was going to be a shared shuttle between other hotels - I looked back and Flyman2017 mentioned it, as well as T8191 in the post preceding this one (and possibly others too!).
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by uggboy
Thanks T8191 for your insights, well received and appreciated.

Indeed, the Hilton DUB isn't the value/quality proposition it once was.

The Maldron DUB was recently fully renovated and from what we can see on their website it looks gorgeous, plus it looks like they offer good food/value too.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Appreciated ^

Just looked at the Maldron website/menu, and I wouldn't call the food particularly good value. I guess that's a personal perspective >>> http://www.maldronhoteldublinairport...Carte-Menu.pdf. Sides extra??? At €4.50, with the GBP close to parity?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:30 pm

The hotel has updated their website guidance on their hotel<-->airport shuttle bus, which starts tomorrow (August 1st). Here are the details, and I've updated the wiki to reflect the changes.

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/med...e_July2017.pdf

Notably, one has to show their Gold/Diamond card to avail of a free journey on shuttle bus. I guess that the digital card shall suffice because I don't know if I still have a physical card. I've got a stay at this hotel at the end of August (the points required was reasonable for a layover during the summer holidays). I'll report back if nobody else has by then.

I'm unsure if the bus calls at other hotels too, like the Heathrow Hotel Hoppa buses. The Radisson and Clayton hotels haven't announced that they're using the service. I guess we'll see as time goes on.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jul 31, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.