Hilton Problems

Old Mar 15, 06, 5:08 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Hilton Problems

Hi all

I have something of a saga to tell. I hope it ends in a happy ending.

I am going to Adelaide to graduate in April. I checked up the Hilton website and found that they had point stretcher dates for all that month.

I rang Hilton Honours and, using my points, booked a points stretcher room (15,000 points x 4) at the Hilton Adelaide. I explained to the rep that there would be 2 adults and 2 kids (5 + 3) staying in the room. The rep said that I could have a complimentary rolloway and also upgraded us to a King size bed.

Later I received an email confirming the booking. Later I noticed that it only said 1 adult and 1 child. Today I rang the Hilton Adelaide and they said they would correct this. Whilst I had them on the phone I asked them to check that the booking included the rolloway. They said that the rolloway would cost $50 a night (x 4) as it was their Hotel policy.

I asked for and received an email confirmation of the change but it is still wrong - the revised booking now says 2 adults and 1 child.

I am a bit puzzled by all this. My understanding is that as a Hilton member the spouse stays free and per the Hilton Adelaide website their policy is that kids don't cost extra if they use existing bedding. $50 seems a bit steep for a rolloway and one that was offered on a complimentary basis in the first place.

I have emailed Hilton Honours with the details of my saga and asked to see if they can get the fee waived as I was offered the rolloway on a complimentary basis in the first place. However maybe readers are better aware of the rules and can clarify matters for me one way or the other.

It is all a bit of a shame. I have never stayed in a Hilton Hotel before and it is disappointing to be mucked around so much. And this from a Hilton Hotel that I have seen good recommendations about too.

Regards Peter
Old Mar 15, 06, 2:01 pm

firstly I dont know your dates but the hilton adelaide is very cheap at the best of times.did you chevcp for a paid room?

BTW
where did u earn your 60k points if you have never stayed at a hilton before?
Id call the manager and sort it out.
Old Mar 16, 06, 1:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
firstly I dont know your dates but the hilton adelaide is very cheap at the best of times.did you chevcp for a paid room?

BTW
where did u earn your 60k points if you have never stayed at a hilton before?
Id call the manager and sort it out.
Chevcp? Sorry I don't know what that is.

Why pay if you have the points and there are point stretcher dates available?

The Hilton points were earned by transferring miles form various programs. The miles are a mixture of paid miles from flying and various other bonuses.

We'll see what Hilton Honours have to say.

Regards Peter

Search this Thread
Search Engine: