Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What is the Number or Percentage of Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Members Worldwide?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the Number or Percentage of Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Members Worldwide?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2001, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue

I see from the post "3 more nights to Diamond" that making Diamond is an eagerly awaited pastime for many FT'ers!! But my post is asking how many Diamonds are out there? I remember a post recently about a lady boasting in a check in line in Vegas that she was only one of "300 Diamonds"!!!
Well i think that number was a little off the mark but what is the real number i ask?

Cheers
Alan
Old Aug 15, 2001, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
In fairness to the woman, there might have been about three hundred diamonds the first year they issued the card. Today there are 4,476.
Old Aug 15, 2001, 7:00 pm

How does compare to the remaining tiers?
It would be interesting to see the breakdown between silver and gold member. Especially in light of the Gold promotions.
Old Aug 15, 2001, 7:26 pm

A few years ago it was very difficult to become a diamond member. you had to be in the top .1 or 1% of all hilton guests for that year. in 98 i had approximately 180 nights at hilton. been dimond was valuable back then. i am still diamond but find it is much more difficult now to get the rooms thanks to the "easy" 28 stay or 60 nights required. I have said this before that hhonors needs another level like double diamond or similar. i have only 106 nights this year but should get to 150 by year end
Old Aug 15, 2001, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I am currently Diamond at Hh, Plat at MR and SPG and shooting for Hyatt Diamond next.. these hotel chains don't give you any incentive to stick to one chain over another. Hotel rooms are a commodity and I will bounce from promo to promo to get the bonus points or bonus nights or whatever they are giving away. A higher level is needed to keep customers like me.. those who stay 275 to 300 nights per year in hotels.

Are you listening Major Hotel Chains??????
Old Aug 15, 2001, 7:47 pm

Location: Missouri, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP
I am about to become a Diamond (through stays, not promotions). I have searched the HHonors website and cannot come up with the answer to this question:

Once you obtain a certain level in the HHonors program, how long does it last? In other words, once I become a Diamond, am I only a Diamond until the end of 2001? Do you start all over at the beginning of the year and have to earn it all again, or do you have a certain period of time to remain a Diamond into the new year while earning the credits to retain the same level?

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2001, 9:10 pm

I hear ya' Trojan Horse...I'm in the same situation MR PLAT...Hilton Diamond...Starwood PLAT etc....they should be fighting over us...maybe an OVER 200 night club or something like that...
Old Aug 15, 2001, 9:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ziptravel:
Once you obtain a certain level in the HHonors program, how long does it last?</font>
My Diamond card says it expires 4/2003.
Old Aug 16, 2001, 10:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ziptravel:
Once you obtain a certain level in the HHonors program, how long does it last? In other words, once I become a Diamond, am I only a Diamond until the end of 2001?</font>
ziptravel -- Congratulations on getting to the Diamond level. If you reach it this year, it will last through the rest of this year, the whole next year, and the first 4 months of the year after. In other words, those who earn it in 2001 will enjoy it through the April of 2003.
Old Aug 16, 2001, 12:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
A higher level is needed to keep customers like me.. those who stay 275 to 300 nights per year in hotels.

Are you listening Major Hotel Chains??????
</font>
Yikes! Do you have a home? You might be better off renting a storage space for your stuff ($100/mo.) and just staying at hotels all the time (incremental 65-90 nights a year at ~$125 night=total cost of $9325-12450). Cheaper than rent or a mortgage.

Unless you have pets or a family, I guess.

Mike
Old Aug 16, 2001, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond - 4MM
When I checked into the Hilton Harbor Island (San Dieago, CA) last evening, the desk clerk (Jason) informed me that there is a tier higher than Diamond; he called it "Diamond Perfered." I was shocked! I have been a Diamond for the past three years and had never heard if this level. He did not know how one qualified for the level. No time to call HHonors this week for me. Anyone??

Cheers,
JTG
Old Aug 16, 2001, 6:13 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Well, all I can say is I officially turn Diamond tomorrow morning when I check out of here, and expect to find it much easier to redeem awards, etc.

So long Gold, its been great - however Diamond is my best friend.
Old Aug 16, 2001, 6:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jtg_seattle:
When I checked into the Hilton Harbor Island (San Dieago, CA) last evening, the desk clerk (Jason) informed me that there is a tier higher than Diamond; he called it "Diamond Perfered." I was shocked! I have been a Diamond for the past three years and had never heard if this level. He did not know how one qualified for the level. No time to call HHonors this week for me. Anyone??

Cheers,
JTG
</font>
jtg_seattle -- Perhaps, that desk clerk was talking about something similar to "Gold Preferred" level (see discussion in this thread). AFAIK, such level can not be earned, but is rather given by a particular property manager.

May be Adam Burke or CHANI could provide more information?
Old Aug 16, 2001, 8:01 pm

Eugene,

you are correct about Preferred. That you have to be nominated for. I will quote you the qualifications. "issued only to key decision-makers at negotiated accounts(eg, CEO, President),corporate travel managers of key accounts and leaders in the travel industry. Can only be attained through nomination by a hotel General Manager, an officer of Hilton Hotels Corp, or Hilton Intl. Corp...."

This is for GOLD VIP Preferred status. To get Diamond Preferred, you have to actually EARN Diamond like everyone else. 28 stays, 60 nights.

The main advantages of being Preferred Gold are that it has a lot of the same perks as Diamond. You get the 48 hour room guarantee, preferred seating/reservations in Hilton restaurants and nightclubs, as well as you get to retain this status for 3 years regardless of how many stays or nights you have in the calendar year. Renewal of this status is contingent on approval by the nominator and Hilton HHonors.

Does that clear things up any?

Old Aug 16, 2001, 8:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I hate to burst anyones bubble here in our exclusive Diamond Group.But to my knowledge
There are So many thousand Diamonds (way more then posted here on these boards) I think you might be shocked .Its got to be huge when you factor in the new brands Hilton has added recently.Elite yes but under 5000 not even warm.Forgive me if I have overestimated.This is a big global brand.Diamond is growing in leaps and bounds since they improved earning @ most rates and started seriously to adress program concerns and benefits.Hilton has come along way since I wrote to them a few years ago.They get my vote for the most improved hospitality company.They are listening and responding .Something years ago they refused to do.Bravo to Adam and all those for giving us a greater improved alternative to the competition

------------------
AA & Starwood Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
U/A Premier Exec

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 08-16-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.