Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2001, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Arrow Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village {US-HI}

Has anyone stayed @ the Suites. It is part of HGVC and it is called the Lagoon Tower.
http://www.hilton.com/hotels/HNLHWGV/index.html

I am wondering:

1. If it's off the beaten path compared to the other towers.

2. If you get to use all the other amenities of HHV when you stay there.

3. The rooms are supposedly all large two room suites. How are these suites situated (ocean view, etc.).

4. Would you stay here vs. the about to open Kalia Tower or the semi private Alii Tower?
Old Apr 29, 2001, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Lagoon tower is situated at the western end of the HHV property (has a small lagoon in front, hence the name) It is technically about the same distance from Waikiki beach
as say the Rainbow or Alii tower except in my opinion the beach and the view is much better from the last two named towers. ( the Rainbow will partially block the view from the Lagoon towards Diamond Head)
It is a little removed from the rest of the property and I am not sure they have their own pool, but this is a big place, it is closest to the self-parking though.
Suites appear to face mostly east/west the east ones look toward Diamond head the west will look mostly into the property next door.
I paid a AARP rate and got upgraded (HH Gold) to suites, first stay quite a nice one in the Rainbow with a fantastic view (April 18/20) and then a corner suite(April 22/25) in the Tapa tower, overlooking the main pool.
I would try the same route unless you have a larger party (only King/Queen beds in Rainbow tower suites but two double-bed rooms available in the other towers)
Not sure about the interior of the rooms in the Lagoon.
The Alii has nicer rooms, its own check in, a separate pool and concierge and is resticted to other hotel guests.
Will post later about other aspects of the stay.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 04-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 04-29-2001).]
Old Aug 5, 2001, 10:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Arrow Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village {US-HI}

If you stay at the much cheaper HGVC tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village do you get to use the Executive floor in the Village.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 2:31 pm

Or is the Doubletree worth checking out?
The stay will be for 9/6 to 9/11.
Cheers
Alan
Old Aug 11, 2001, 2:41 pm

I stayed in DoubleTree for 4 nights in June. For some reasons they didn't pull me up as a Gold VIP but still upgraded me the Deluxe Ocean View and $10 restaurant coupon per day. The staff is very very nice and attentive. Don't know about HGVC but it is just 3-5 minutes walk away.
Old Aug 13, 2001, 5:01 am

Do Doubletree and HGVC allow use of the UA 50% off certs?
Old Jan 8, 2002, 9:52 pm

Gold Benefits at HGVC?

Greetings,

I'm debating whether to stay at the HGVC or the HHV in HNL. The difference in price is $40.00 per night, HGVC being the less expensive. Are gold benefits available at the HGV (upgrades/breakfast)?

Also, how does a studio in the HGVC compare to a room at HHV?

Thanks for the help.

Chris
Old Feb 4, 2002, 10:41 am

Anyone have an answer to this question?
Old Feb 4, 2002, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Your chance there is equal. However, the views are not quite as nice.

If you want a best potential ocean view, try for the Rainbow Tower.

If you want the best potential largest room, go for the HGVC.

Depends on what you want.

You still get the HHonors benefits and all the facilities of HHV.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 11:11 am

I have been told,by a HGVC employee,that they do not have to follow the upgrade/breakfast rules of the Hilton properties.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 11:18 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
I have been told,by a HGVC employee,that they do not have to follow the upgrade/breakfast rules of the Hilton properties.</font>
Absolutely incorrect. That person does not know the rules and needs to get trained by HHonors!

Old Feb 4, 2002, 11:22 am

Chix
While I agree with you. The rules don't specifically address these properties.Maybe Adam can clarify this,in writing.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 11:35 am

We just stayed at HHV one night and as gold received:

Upgradeed room
2 bottles of water
Free continental breakfastfor 2, which we converted into a credit towards a buffet.

Do not remember the value of the credit.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
Chix
While I agree with you. The rules don't specifically address these properties.Maybe Adam can clarify this,in writing.
</font>
The rule specifically say you get the bennies at a Hilton hotel.

If you do a search for Hawaii, Nevada, & Florida, the HiltonGVC's come up as Hiltons.

I have asked the Diamond desk this question too and they clearly state you get the same benefits. I have received the benefits at my HGVC stays.

Now if you were asking if you get the HHonors benefits at a different Hilton affiliated chain such as Harrison, or Scandic, that's a no-go presently.

Old Feb 4, 2002, 4:05 pm

Are late checkouts at no charge available for Gold members? This would be a big bonus, especially since most flights back to the mainland leave late afternoon/early evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.