Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Metropole {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Any idea yet if all rooms were refurbished or just a few floors?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's only certain floors and areas within the Metropole, so much of the Tower and East Wing. West Wing was done a few years before the Pandemic and it's probably not needed yet. I would still opt for the West Wing, personally. Some of the Tower may have have had refitted rooms but they are still quite small. All the public areas have been refitted, even though some of them were refurbished in 2020.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Short 1 night stay and overall very impressed

- Addressed by name at checkin and breakfast and a warm welcome back (after over 2 years)
- Room refurbished and perfectly fine
- Breakfast very good with a lot of selection
- Overall very helpful, friendly and proactive staff

Would definitely stay again.

Room 933, East Wing

Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's only certain floors and areas within the Metropole, so much of the Tower and East Wing. West Wing was done a few years before the Pandemic and it's probably not needed yet. I would still opt for the West Wing, personally. Some of the Tower may have have had refitted rooms but they are still quite small. All the public areas have been refitted, even though some of them were refurbished in 2020.
I was at the Metropole for a meeting last week. I parked underground and came upstairs via the East Wing. There is a permanent security guard in the East Wing preventing customers from entering the elevators to the East Wing floors. I also note that Superior (East Wing) rooms are not available to book. I was actually wondering if they are refurbishing the East Wing? The rest of the hotel is great, although the Tyburn Kitchen restaurant is currently closed. We had dinner there in August last year (which was great), but the main lobby bar is currently the only area to get food. I was told it's due to low occupancy. Shame as the new head chef had done a great job with the menu there.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by samfrost93
I was at the Metropole for a meeting last week. I parked underground and came upstairs via the East Wing. There is a permanent security guard in the East Wing preventing customers from entering the elevators to the East Wing floors. I also note that Superior (East Wing) rooms are not available to book. I was actually wondering if they are refurbishing the East Wing? The rest of the hotel is great, although the Tyburn Kitchen restaurant is currently closed. We had dinner there in August last year (which was great), but the main lobby bar is currently the only area to get food. I was told it's due to low occupancy. Shame as the new head chef had done a great job with the menu there.
Oh no, that's a bummer about Tyburn! We heard good things about the breakfast there and that's one of the reasons we booked our upcoming stay at the Metropole.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by basictraveler
Oh no, that's a bummer about Tyburn! We heard good things about the breakfast there and that's one of the reasons we booked our upcoming stay at the Metropole.
Ah sorry, I wasn't clear! Tyburn is open for breakfast - I was referring to lunch/dinner. Apologies! Tyburn is indeed great for breakfast.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by samfrost93
Ah sorry, I wasn't clear! Tyburn is open for breakfast - I was referring to lunch/dinner. Apologies! Tyburn is indeed great for breakfast.
Ah awesome. Thank you!!!
Did you get to try the executive lounge? I hear the evening snacks and drinks are excellent.
wizla likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 10:46 pm

Anyone have opinion on Metropole vs Canopy London City vs the Westminster vs Double Tree West End? Looking at a point redemption for 5 nights in June, tourist focused. Have a good redemption booked on Canopy, but seems like location isn't very preferable, besides being close to Tower of London.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by clownfishmd
Anyone have opinion on Metropole vs Canopy London City vs the Westminster vs Double Tree West End? Looking at a point redemption for 5 nights in June, tourist focused. Have a good redemption booked on Canopy, but seems like location isn't very preferable, besides being close to Tower of London.
Welcome to Flyertalk. All of these hotels have good and bad aspects to them, with the good points exceeding the bad in all cases. So a lot depends on what specifically your are looking for. The only thing you mention is location, so if it's just that factor then Westminster loses out (despite being actually very central) because it's a hike to a tube station or the major sites, and the bus services there aren't great either. Canopy is near a tube station but as you indicate it is out of the centre of things. Still has many sites and sounds nearby though, it is just a long way from Buckingham Palace. Metropole may be handy if arriving from Heathrow and has a really good location for all sorts of things via the tube, and a good bus network too - a short hop will quickly get you all over town. But DT West End is pretty unbeatable for location, it is in the centre and very close to transport links, a lot you can do by just walking around. So looking just as location that's how I would rank them, but other factors may give a trade off. If your tourism involves a mix of shops and tourist sites, then West End and Metropole are best placed. Have a look at the London hotel thread for more hotel A versus hotel B.
ceebee100 and wizla like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 9:47 pm

I just stayed for 4 nights there 2 weeks ago. Didn’t take any photos but pretty much the same as what others posted recently.

We got the renovated room and it’s nicely decorated, but pretty small (standard for London tho I assume). The bathroom is nicely designed, however it has a lot of warm lights which can make the room very hot after awhile if you have the door closed. There’s no temperature control or exhaust fan in the bathroom. I asked the front desk about exhaust fan and they looked at me like I was talking gibberish. Not sure if it’s a cultural thing, but I was surprised that a nice hotel like this wouldn’t have it. Also, the bathroom walls are extremely PAPER THIN. You will hear every drop and sound, so keep in mind if you’re traveling with someone and you need privacy in the bathroom.

Tyburn was excellent for breakfast. Food was well cooked and high quality. It’s the same every day though so it did get a little repetitive. I wish they would offer a new dish each day. They have baba ganoush and hummus spread section so it helped with switching things up a bit. The only food I was disappointment was the pastries, especially the croissants. They were dry. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Paris and had much better croissants.

The executive lounge was beautiful, though a little smaller than how I imagined from the photos. During afternoon tea, they had 2 options of little cakes and scones with jam and cream. During cocktails hours, there were 3 hot appetizers (that kind of changed every day but some options repeated), cold meats, salad, bread and little desserts. Staff was very nice and attentive. We don’t drink but the alcoholic options seemed great and many people were taking advantage of it. It can get really crowded during cocktail hours.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. The only thing that really bothered me was how hot the bathroom could get and how thin the bathroom walls were lol.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Executive lounge…

Newly refurbished executive lounge picture taken a couple of days back, I didn’t stay myself, these photos are from another forum I’m a member of…..looks quite impressive.
Attached Images     
Old May 25, 2022, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

thanks for that wizla

The executive lounge does look pretty good ( looks like a larger food selection than at the conrad for example)

Regards

Tbs
wizla likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

thanks for that wizla

The executive lounge does look pretty good ( looks like a larger food selection than at the conrad for example)

Regards

Tbs
Yes, I thought that, I’ve only stayed a few times all pre covid……. Definitely an improvement, the old lounge was good but it used to get so busy as it was somewhat small.
Need an excuse to stay now 😂👍
Old May 25, 2022, 9:06 am

Unfortunately, with the upgrades come the higher prices. Every time I look, the price is just a little higher than I want. The days of "cheap" rooms at the Metropole seem to have gone.
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
Need an excuse to stay now 😂👍
I'm there the second week of Sept if you are game

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.