Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
The Hampton Inn SF Downtown Convention Center is nice enough for a stay (new furnishings, decent breakfast). Neighborhood isn’t awesome.

Thanks to fleet week and an Oracle conference, I can say with confidence that the most expensive hotel room I have ever stayed in is a Hampton Inn. (The prices for everything else were even crazier.) My boss warned me about $600 SF hotel rooms. He was not kidding. I’m stunned my corporate booking system would let me book it, but it was actually a reasonably proced option for the location and dates.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
I am undecided between Union Square and FD for our New Year‘s Eve stay. Both are 60k points.

Is there any preference with regards to either a view of the fireworks or accessibility of good view points?

We will be arriving from and returning to SFO airport, so BART/public transport access could also be an issue.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by LennartH
I am undecided between Union Square and FD for our New Year‘s Eve stay. Both are 60k points.

Is there any preference with regards to either a view of the fireworks or accessibility of good view points?

We will be arriving from and returning to SFO airport, so BART/public transport access could also be an issue.
Union Station is more convenient to Bart. FD has the lounge but Union Square has a good breakfast benefit for diamonds, especially if you can get the waiter to waive the upcharge for the full buffet (even if you have to eat the continental it's pretty good) or you can chose a food/beverage credit if you don't want to eat breakfast and it can be used on the top floor bar which has some good views at night. Not sure if you'll be able to see the fireworks from there or not.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

I wouldn't pick either property for a view of the fireworks, as they're launched from the water south of the Ferry Building. If you're locked into Hilton, FD is an easier walk to viewing spots. But it is not convenient to BART with luggage.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I wouldn't pick either property for a view of the fireworks, as they're launched from the water south of the Ferry Building. If you're locked into Hilton, FD is an easier walk to viewing spots. But it is not convenient to BART with luggage.
At least I feel like being locked. I consider 60k points vs almost all cash rates on NYE quite a good ratio.

Locationwise, I tend to pick the Union Square, but I had a rather underwhelming stay there back in 2013. Maybe things have improved...
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Locationwise, I tend to pick the Union Square, but I had a rather underwhelming stay there back in 2013. Maybe things have improved...
All the Hilton SF options are underwhelming. FD has nice rooms (many with Bay views) and a decent lounge breakfast but the wifi and elevators are AWFUL.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
All the Hilton SF options are underwhelming. FD has nice rooms (many with Bay views) and a decent lounge breakfast but the wifi and elevators are AWFUL.
This really sums it up quite accurately.

I stay at FD because it has consistently treated me OK, and thus at least I know what I'm getting.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
If you had a free night cert you had to use which of the SF properties would you choose? Mine expires in a few weeks and it's my last chance to use it. It's not ideal but I don't want to waste it. I'll be arriving into SFO around 9pm and flying out of OAK the next day at 10am so I was going to spend the night somewhere in the city and just BART over in the morning. Location is fine for any of the properties since I don't mind walking and I'll only have a small bag with me. All I'm really looking for is an edible breakfast and nicest rooms (an upgrade would be nice but it's only a night so I don't care as much).
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:26 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
The "nicest" hotel that meets your criteria is, in my opinion, the Parc 55. Note that as a diamond you'll need to kick in $10 for hot breakfast (which is high quality). As a diamond you will likely be upgraded to a high floor with a good view. This property is literally across the street from the Powell BART station and in case you want to walk around downtown at all, it's still a relatively active area even around 10PM.

Practically speaking, in your situation, I would personally stay at the Hilton Oakland Airport. Last time I stayed there it had a free hot breakfast which was OK. The rooms are not "nice" as it's pretty dated. The reason I am suggesting this property is that it takes BART out of the equation in the morning. A small earthquake or other disruption that interrupts BART service could mean a missed flight for you in the morning. Note, I'm more risk-averse than the average person and have not ever personally experienced significant interruptions of this nature.
ptownca likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by kpbadger
The "nicest" hotel that meets your criteria is, in my opinion, the Parc 55.
Agree.

BART kind of sucks these days, but you should be fine. Thousands every day rely on it to make their flights. Leave about an hour total for the journey, it will probably take less.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:35 pm

Hilton Oakland Airport has great staff, but it is very (!) dated. However, I had quite a nice stay there before an early morning departure. And it will save you a significant amount of money/points, I guess.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
SF Hilton Union Square

Haven"t stayed at SF Hilton Union Square before what is the status of breakfast for a Gold with upgraded room/ Jr. Suite or Skyline View?

thanks
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Is this odd?

Is this unusual that when you click on "room types" at a hotel that they tell you to book next door?

Relax in a welcoming guest room at Hilton San Francisco Union Square and enjoy a range of great amenities, including internet access and a 37-inch HDTV.

Upgrade to an ultra-modern Deluxe room, or enjoy spectacular views of the San Francisco skyline or the Bay from our Skyline View rooms.

1 KING BED

Stay just blocks away from Union Square. Ideal for couples or business travelers. Sleeps 2.

One king-sized bed. Treat yourself to this room with amenities including a HDTV with premium channels, mini-refrigerator, in room coffee and tea maker, a spacious work desk with ergonomic chair, and Wi-Fi access available.

Ideal for couples or business travelers. Walk to Union Square.

The well-appointed guest room features HDTV with premium channels, mini-refrigerator, in room coffee and tea maker and a spacious work desk with an ergonomic chair. The 270 sq ft room sleeps up to two guests.

"
View Amenities
1 KING BED ROOM AT THE PARC 55 SAN FRANCISCO

Book a room next-door at Parc 55 San Francisco, our sister hotel just steps from Hilton San Francisco Union Square.One king-sized bed. Treat yourself to this room with amenities including a HDTV with premium channels, mini-refrigerator, in room coffee and tea maker, a spacious work desk with ergonomic chair, and Wi-Fi access available."
View Amenities
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
If you were choosing between Parc 55 and Hilton Union Square, any strong arguments one way or another? They both fit my location needs, and I'll likely be Gold during my stay. I don't plan on spending that much time at the hotel itself, (2 days/nights) as I'll be out exploring. A good breakfast would be a plus.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
We stayed at the Union Square in late September for one night as Gold on points. The room was fine . Was given a credit for breakfast which we used at the stands in the lobby area. Almost covered a pastry and coffee.
At checkin, there was a humongous line for everyone and a much shorter line for HHonors. Make sure you get in the right one, it is not obvious.

DD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.