Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:28 pm

Opening hours were very generous: 6.30am to 22.00 I believe.

Rearding renting a car: The hilton had an on-site sixt or Hertz office. Can't advice which place is cheaper.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 12:24 pm

Hilton Prague -- very nice!

I'm in the middle of a convention meeting stay here as a gold and have nothing but good things to say about this hotel, it's enough to make me want to pursue staying a gold this year with Hilton!

1. Upgraded to executive room/level with outside view, several days in advance when I called, despite being on convention rate.

2. everyone polite and friendly and helpful

3. I called ahead and had a taxi guy with a sign with my name waiting on it at the airport, very smooth

4. free high speed internet access in the executive lounge which is GREAT -- wonderful breakfast spread (not just the usual cold European stuff which is good, but also hot sausages, scrambled eggs, lox, croissants and pastry), in the afternoon yummy pastries, free variety of alcohol, and evening "snacks" that are like a meal for all but heavyweights -- lox with goodies on bread, canapes, etc.

5. In room you can get internet access for a fee that varies depending on access speed and time, e.g., $10/hour or $20 flat fee for 256 for a day, more more faster (the lounge is your better bet unless you need privacy and off hours access)

6. Helpful service desk for executive floor -- arranged a half-day tour to where I wanted to go during a meeting break where the regular desk claimed it couldn't be done

7. respect for the "do not disturb" sign on the door

Only criticism is that the minibar prices, while expected to be high, are ridiculous -- $5.00 for a little soda, for this you can order half a duck and a plate full of dumplings at a local pub. They give you in-room free regular water, but I like fizz (took a small bottle from the executive lounge with me when I left, no problem).

8. I'm not a smoker but don't mind smoking around me if not too intense; be warned the lounge is smoking o.k. but pretty well ventilated.

I can't comment on what the service would be if I weren't a gold.

Can't wait to come back!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I will be staying there March 13-16, so your good review so close to my stay is a great find.

Thanks for the update.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:45 pm

This hotel is a pleasant hotel and has several services, such as a decent 24-hour restaurant, which many 5-diamond properties do not have. The Executive Lounge reminds me of the Hilton Nagoya, and service is of the same standard as Japanese properties.

The major annoyance is that Exec Lounge staff keep bringing endless numbers of chits to sign itemising the drinks you've ordered and billing you nothing. For guests staying here a week or so - this can become extremely irritating since all the staff quite clearly know who you are. Hotel bar, restaurants and minibar are all over-priced. Very over-priced. Aside from this it is a wonderful property - great fitness facilities on level 02. If you are a non-smoker try to keep an open-mind, things are different here and it will be near impossible to avoid the smell of smoke in many situations, including the Exec Lounge.

[This message has been edited by Fly Boy (edited Feb 26, 2004).]
Old Feb 27, 2004, 6:59 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Fly Boy:

The major annoyance is that Exec Lounge staff keep bringing endless numbers of chits to sign itemising the drinks you've ordered and billing you nothing. [This message has been edited by Fly Boy (edited Feb 26, 2004).]
</font>
LOL, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I also found the exec floor reception ladies very....entertaining. Probably the two bluntest, most matter-of-fact women I have ever encountered.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 11:20 am

I don't mind the chits as long as I'm not charged, somehow they have to have a consistent policy on whom they check for legitimacy of entrance to the lounge. I hope they're not doing it because they're surveying how much lounge liquor etc. is used, so as to plan on how to cut back services in the future
Old Mar 1, 2004, 11:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ironmanjt:
LOL, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I also found the exec floor reception ladies very....entertaining. Probably the two bluntest, most matter-of-fact women I have ever encountered.</font>
Probably because they have to entertain constant propositions and sexual palaver from upscale, older but still vacation-minded English pseudo-hooligans. At least, that was the case during my seven-day stay in 2002!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 9:07 am

Prague Hilton room/bed question

Not found in search, vague on website. Anyone know if any rooms have a sofa with pull-out bed? I understand no rooms have two doubles, so I'm looking for a similar situation.

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Only time I had a sofa was when I had a suite as a paid upgrade (which wasnt cheap as I remember). I think the regular rooms are much of a muchness but YMMV.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 6:58 pm

Am currently staying in the Hotel and I can safely say, this is a very nice property!

As the others have mentioned, the hotel really does treat golds well and the executive lounge is really good with a good selection of alcohol and a very decent selection of food. The only complaint I have is that it can get very smoky especially in the evenings.

I actually found the 2 receptionists quite funny and appreciated their no-nonsense attitude. They clearly are very straightforward. The lounge staff are great and actually bother to come around and check if you need anything more when they notice your glass is almost empty. However, interestingly, they have done away with the chit signing thing, I only had to sign for breakfast and nothing more.

The free internet in the lounge is indeed good and being able to print stuff out for free is really nice!

Overall, the staff in the hotel from the front desk to the exec floor receptionists to the lounge staff have been very friendly and helpful. Now, if only all Hiltons are like this one and the Caledonian...

Stay here!!!

P.S. If anyone else is here, I'll be in the hotel till Monday. Look for me under HO.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'm doing a quick trip to PRG in Aug, and just booked this property. Thanks for all the info! Does anyone know if there is public transportation from the airport which gets you close to the hotel? Web site only gave driving instructions.
Also, I'm HH Gold, but did book an Executive room with club access (that was pretty much the lowest rate showing on their website), do you think I'll be upgraded from that~~ and to what? (only there one night a Sat, mid Aug)

Last edited by mauld; Apr 22, 2004 at 12:26 pm
Old May 14, 2004, 7:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Thank you FT,

Just had a very nice stay with my wife last weekend (150 euro rate, upgraded to executive floor). Wouldn't have learned about Hilton Prague without you.

Unfortunatly the Hockey World Championships final was in Prague last sunday , and the hotel had been sold out for ages, so we ended up in the suburbs for a 1 night stay at the Hotel Chodov (avoid at all cost), which gave us a true feeling for life in Prague 20 years ago ;-)

But all in all a fantastic city and a great Hilton ........
Old May 14, 2004, 9:00 am

I agree. This hotel was great. As a Diamond we received a huge penthouse suite, with some nice complimentary surpirse in the room each day, such as fresh flowers, bottle of wine, box of chocolates, etc. This hotel has the best executive lounge of any property I've ever stayed in so far, and by far the best gym/pool. This is a great hotel. If you are a Gold or Diamond VIP, be sure to check in at the exec. lounge and bypass the often congested front desk. The lounge staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.
Old May 30, 2004, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Thought I'd update this thread with some photos:

Executive Level King Room: http://www.gnedge.com/travel/czech/H...Hotel_Room.jpg

Diamond Welcome Amenity:
http://www.gnedge.com/travel/czech/H...me_Amenity.jpg
Old Jun 15, 2004, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Hilton Prague. How do they treat....

We're off to Prague this summer. I have silver status ( equal to no status)

Has anyone stayed at this property other than a Diamond/Gold that can offer some insight into this property. Will they at least give me a room with a window?

I did an extensive search. Believe it or not this hasn't been discussed.

Thanks.
Dan

Last edited by dhammer53; Jun 15, 2004 at 6:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.