Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by enviroian
Hello. I’m booked at the Hilton Prague for three nights over thanksgiving later this year. I can’t tell what is a nicer property this one or old town. I’m using honors points (diamond ). From the little reviews I read it looks like this property is in the state of renovation and still has smoking rooms? Which one should I choose.
You say you are booked, but apparently you still need to book, or you have booked a cancellable rate …

The properties are very different, one is more modern the other is older style. Old Town location is a little closer to the centre but if your preference is the modern one then it's just a bit further, not really a criteria to choose on. As for smoking rooms, that depends on whether you want one, or to avoid them. Even hotels which have smoking rooms have plenty of no smoking floors so that shouldn't really be an issue either. Choose the one which gives you the best feeling.

Thanksgiving is not celebrated in Prague so that is not an issue.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover

Ops Mgr (Hilton Warsaw) has thankfully left Poland to work here. Coincidence? Perhaps!
Are you saying Hilton Warsaw wasn't good when he was there? I had excellent stays in Warsaw and was always upgraded.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by sbams
You say you are booked, but apparently you still need to book, or you have booked a cancellable rate …

The properties are very different, one is more modern the other is older style. Old Town location is a little closer to the centre but if your preference is the modern one then it's just a bit further, not really a criteria to choose on. As for smoking rooms, that depends on whether you want one, or to avoid them. Even hotels which have smoking rooms have plenty of no smoking floors so that shouldn't really be an issue either. Choose the one which gives you the best feeling.

Thanksgiving is not celebrated in Prague so that is not an issue.
Thanks for the response. I booked with points so I can cancel and rebook at anytime.

I do not want a smoking room and am afraid I'll get a prior smoking room that is now non smoking thus still reeking.

I prefer a modern hotel and enjoy walking so that isn't an issue.

The Prague Hilton is more modern than Old Town location?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the response. I booked with points so I can cancel and rebook at anytime.

I do not want a smoking room and am afraid I'll get a prior smoking room that is now non smoking thus still reeking.

The lounge at the Prague Hilton had to be the best Hilton lounge I ever was in, that said The Old Town Hil was a former Renaissnace and when I checked out the lounge it was small ) probably different today its been a few years) and dingy. But between the 2 I much prefer The Old Town location, walk out the door and youre in tne middle of it all The Old Town is alot smaller as well
enviroian and MoodyB like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond

I visited Hilton Prague two times and Hilton Prague Old Town once in December and I would prefer the Old Town any day over the "modern one".
The rooms are very similar in both now after their renovation.
Since it's a smaller hotel the service is a lot better and more personal. The Hilton Prague is targeted for large tourists groups. The breakfast downstairs in Hilton Prague is also crowded of people which was not the case in the Old Town. Old Town also has sparking wine in the breakfast.
The same can be said for the Executive Lounge. In Hilton Prague it was a zoo full of people in gym wear, noisy children etc. taking their space also in the meeting rooms as there weren't enough seating in the large lounge. In Old Town the lounge is small there is a executive feeling in it and and the lounge attendants are almost too attentive filling up wine glasses and emptying tables. Old Town had better selection of food in the Executive lounge also. For example sushi at the time I was there.
enviroian and yurtripper like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Good info all, thank you. I will change my reservation to old town. What is important to me is walking distance to late night takeaway restaurants and variety of them. There appears to be more street food places near old town Hilton.
I looked at the hotel gym pics and only see stationary bikes and some treadmills. Does anyone know if they have elliptical?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Good info all, thank you. I will change my reservation to old town. What is important to me is walking distance to late night takeaway restaurants and variety of them. There appears to be more street food places near old town Hilton.
I looked at the hotel gym pics and only see stationary bikes and some treadmills. Does anyone know if they have elliptical?
Another pt foir OTH is the shuttle vans from/to the airport have their location around the block from the hotel. (at least thats where they worked from the last time I was there
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
What I do now, especially in cities such as Tokyo, Cairo, and other places where smoking is prevalent, is to ask the the FO manager to have someone check my room the day before to be certain I am allocated one that does not have tobacco residue. I haven't tried it in Prague because I only started doing this recently and it's been a few years since I was there. In the past, the Hilton Prague allowed smoking in their fancy restaurant off the lobby, and in areas of the lobby, and in many of the meeting rooms, so it was often smokey in the lobby, and if you had an interior (atrium) room, the windows had to be kept closed or smoke would get in, but I understand the hotel no longer permits smoking inside, so likely that is no longer a concern.

Originally Posted by LassiJ
The breakfast downstairs in Hilton Prague is also crowded of people which was not the case in the Old Town. Old Town also has sparking wine in the breakfast.
The same can be said for the Executive Lounge. In Hilton Prague it was a zoo full of people in gym wear, noisy children etc. taking their space also in the meeting rooms as there weren't enough seating in the large lounge.
Likely this very much depends on if a convention or large meeting is booked at the time of your stay. One could always ask the hotel if that is the case before deciding.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Probably one contributing reason to the large Executive Lounge being so full in Hilton Prague was that the two floors of newly renovated rooms are being sold and upgraded as "KING DELUXE RENOVATED ROOM WITH LOUNGE ACCESS".Additional to this the old non renovated Executive Rooms seem to be still mostly in the inventory. This would mean almost double the amount of rooms being eligible for Executive Lounge access if all of the old Executive rooms would be in the inventory which is crazy.
Naturally the situation depends on the amount of Executive rooms being under renovation at the time and the hotel occupancy rate.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:11 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I just returned from three nights at the Hilton Prague with my family, renovations are still ongoing, the bar in the lobby is currently closed so instead they have a DJ there from 10A-5P weekdays/11A-6P weekends along with a draft beer cart, you can get vouchers for free beer from the draft beer cart at the front desk … strange way to compensate for the bar being closed, but worked for me once I figured it out.

The Executive Lounge is very good in my opinion, it was never very crowded (though we ate breakfast late every morning), and in addition to the buffet they have a menu you can order from with omelet, fried eggs, French toast, and pancakes. The French toast was ridiculously good, I've never had anything quite like it … sooooo good …

No upgrade for us, family room as booked with points.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Any insights from recent stays on residual smoking rooms? My son is asthmatic, so I'm not prone to want to have smoke around. Also, I have two separate reservations, one on my own and six related to a conference. Any insight as to whether they will let me keep my first room (capacity allowing, of course). I booked a renovated queen with Lounge access for the first evening, but then have a regular, non renovated king for the rest of the stay. I'm a lowly Gold...
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Score8
Any insights from recent stays on residual smoking rooms? My son is asthmatic, so I'm not prone to want to have smoke around. Also, I have two separate reservations, one on my own and six related to a conference. Any insight as to whether they will let me keep my first room (capacity allowing, of course). I booked a renovated queen with Lounge access for the first evening, but then have a regular, non renovated king for the rest of the stay. I'm a lowly Gold...
I would call or email the hotel and ask for a manager and explain both concerns. For the smoking issue, at other properties where there is prevalent smoking, including in non-smoking rooms, hotel managers have offered to personally check the allocated rooms before arrival. I'm not sure how reliable that is, since some people (especially smokers) can't tell, but so far it's worked for me. Often they also offer to have an ozone unit in the room before arrival. I'm doubtful these are effective.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 2:41 pm

Hello,
I am considering staying at the hilton prague for 5 days at the end of september for leisure. I am wondering what the property is offering during covid for diamonds members? Did someone stay there recently? Would you say it is adecuate for a leisure stay...Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2020, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was posted here that the lounge is a roped off meeting room area offering beer and wine only for an hour a day, plus some nuts and sweets.

In other words I wouldn’t bother worrying about Diamond benefits.

If you want to work something out, I’d contact the Director of Ops, though five nights sounds like a redemption and I’m not sure anyone would bother. You can find his name on LinkedIn.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Just returned yesterday. Had a great stay.

Lounge is closed, there is a temporary offering in the Bar area for anyone who has executive benefits. The offering is not fantastic but at least it’s an alternative. Only Soft drinks, beer, red and white Czech wine (pretty awful to be honest, but there’s alcohol in it). NO spirits. Heard a couple of times that Gin can be purchased and the Tonic is “included”. Only fresh fruit and nuts as a snack to go with the drinks. This is all available from 5 till 6.pm, when everything is swiftly removed.

Breakfast is in the Atrium Restaurant. A standard buffet with cooked to order eggs and all the normal hot offerings. Cold items are well wrapped. Social distancing at breakfast is non-existent (no face masks, except for staff) so be careful.

In fact social distancing in Prague was quite absent altogether. Used both bus and metro (where masks are compulsory) and it seems that only tourists stick to this rule. This does not bode well for the coming period in the Prague. Travel is now possible but unless more measures are taken this will turn for the worse.

Anyway, after all this I had a great 3 night stay and would certainly recommend. Just take your own preacautions and be sensible about things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.