Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Points for Meetings, Groups and Event Planning: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Points for Meetings, Groups and Event Planning: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Extracted from the AMEX Surpass T&Cs: "You will receive 9 Hilton HHonors bonus points for each U.S. dollar of eligible spending on the Card at any Hilton Family hotel worldwide (excluding Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare purchases and package sales). "

and... "Eligible Spending includes purchases of goods or services, which purchases have not been returned or otherwise rescinded, and are not subject to a credit."

Can't beat that - now, gird your loins, so to speak, and go forth to negotiate your deal with the hotel.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 2:26 pm

Horrible service at the NSG

I'm trying to book rooms for my upcoming wedding and I've never been treated worse as a Diamond member as I have with the National Sales Group!

I originally contacted them on May 9th to get a quote for a minimum of 10 rooms one night and 15 rooms the second. The person at the NSG told me he would contact the hotel for me and find out what the negotiated rate would be, along with how many planner points I would receive.

It is not June 2nd, and 3 calls later to the SAME sales rep has produced 0 results.

I'm a Platinum with Starwood as well, and wished they had a hotel nearby. I've always been treated with respect there, and they always follow up as promised.

I guess Diamond status doesn't mean anything for Hilton. I'm seriously considering Marriott (which I don't like either) instead.

Anyone have any tips on how to escalate this to a higher power? The NSG is blaming the lack of follow up on the hotel's sales manager, yet he hasn't followed up once as promised.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:49 pm

Any updated suggestions to accruing points for events?

hello,

this thread has not been visited in some time, so i'm hoping some of you can help out by providing more current, updated information.

i have no status with hilton. due to location, i am restricted to strongly considering a hilton property for an event.

what are my best options to earn points for an event? is it still the case that any honors points must be discussed/negotiated and explicitly delineated in the sales contract? or will they post automatically at the conclusion of the event, as they would after checkout of a stay? if the latter, what's the current earnings ratio - 1 honors point per $1 spent?

are there any good promos to avail regarding events at hilton? should i try and status match to hilton (i do have top status with more than one of its competitors)? would that benefit me regarding an event? is that even possible in this scenario?

i'm trying to explore all the possibilities here. your collective recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:59 pm

HH pts for Conference

I'm hosting a conference at a Hilton Hotel and expect to spend around $6,500 between meals and room rentals. I'm currently a HH Gold, what can I expect to receive in honors points? I was told by the event planner that I would receive points equal to the total dollars spent. Would those be multiplied by Double Dip or other promotions? Or am I really only looking at 6,500 points for spending the equivalent of 30 nights?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk.

You will receive whatever points you have been promised in writing in your contract with the hotel.

Anything other than that I would not bet on.

Meeting points are totally negotiable, but make sure both you have whatever they promise in writing. or else you may not get them.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:31 pm

Currently nothing is in writing. All I have is a phone promise. I will review the points when I am settling up the bill. I'll see if I can get any more, but that seems a bit low considering one night's stay is 3,000.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Per this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html

It's normal to be one point per dollar spent
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Get everything in writing otherwise you may get nothing. We made this mistake many years ago. Always have everything in writing.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:59 pm

I'll ask for something in writing before I pay for it next week. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
Always have everything in writing.
+2

And, as noted above, everything is negotiable with the individual hotel in terms of points earned. But -- wait for it -- get it in writing.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:07 pm

it's the specific hotel that awards these points.

So, I agree with the other posters. Only expect to get what you have in writing. If it's not in the contract, don't expect for it to show up in your account.

Also, be aware, that these event planner points can take a while to post (like maybe 30 days after the event); so you will have to be patient. It's not always this long, but it can be.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Is it possible to book hilton banquet halls by using hilton points?
Old May 30, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Events Bonus Programme

Based on a minimum spend of $1,000 on eligible charges, the current Hilton Events Bonus Programme offers

1 HHonors bonus point and 1 airline mile per U.S. dollar spent

or

1.5 HHonors bonus points per U.S. dollar spent

For further information, http://hhonors3.hilton.com/resources...ntBonus_IE.pdf

Not very attractive compared to direct room bookings...

Does anyone know

(a) if there is a limit to the number of rooms booked per night that can be credit to a HiltonHHonors account
(b) if multiple rooms booked per night are also credited as multiple stays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.