Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Been given VIP status during stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2006, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Hey....

Well I am new to this so I thought I would ask your advice...

I have recently booked a business trip to New York City for a CEO of a big software corperation.

He is staying in a two-bedroom suite at the Waldorf=Astoria (which is a hilton hotel). I have contacted the CRDE of the hotel and gotten confirmation and he has been given VIP status. Now I was wondering what VIP status actual means/does during his stay.

Thanks and God bless
Old Jan 31, 2006, 7:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by faithwins
Hey....

Well I am new to this so I thought I would ask your advice...

I have recently booked a business trip to New York City for a CEO of a big software corperation.

He is staying in a two-bedroom suite at the Waldorf=Astoria (which is a hilton hotel). I have contacted the CRDE of the hotel and gotten confirmation and he has been given VIP status. Now I was wondering what VIP status actual means/does during his stay.

Thanks and God bless
If he wants real service at the Waldorf you might want to try to book him into the Waldorf towers (not a hilton property). As a Hilton diamond I was sadly disappointed by the level of service at the Waldorf, I have been treated better at a Hampton Inn. I recommend finding him another property. The only thing the Waldorf has is a name.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Unfortuantly there is no suites big enough in the Waldorf Towers during his stay and he insists to stay at the Waldorf no matter what I tell him (He has a thing for historic hotels). I have been anxious because of all the negative reviews about it. Thats why I wanted to make his stay as good as possible and thats why I wonder what type of service/extras VIP status will get him.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 4:19 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Diomand, Starward Platinum, Sofitel Gold, BMI Silver
I have stayed at the Waldorf several times as a Gold and Diomand. The hotel is grand and the rooms are generaly good. The service is a bit ropey sometimes and they do seam to lie especialy when it comes to being truthful about being sold out of particular upgraded rooms / views. They need to be pushed and pestered ie: email to ask for particular benifit such as park ave view.

Im assuming when you say he has VIP status you mean Gold or Diamond VIP member - this should get you an upgrade although a 2 bedroom suite maynot have an upgraded version (maybe there is) - if breakfast is not included then they will prob give him this - be sure to ask for full breakfast as they generaly give in to this request if pushed and charmed. Otherwise the VIP benifit could be a drink at Harry's bar, or a bowl of fruit in the room.

As I say - drop them an email, call, letter - whatever before to let them know what he wants and what you expect.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.