Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vienna Plaza {AUT}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Vienna Hilton Plaza to conference transportation option besides transit pass?

I will be attending the ESMO (European Society of Medical Oncology) starting this coming Friday.

The conference rotates throughout various European cities, annually.

The conference gives a transit pass to attendees for the duration of the conference.

A couple of years ago, I went to this same conference in Milan. There was bus (shuttle) transportation arranged for certain high scale hotels.

The question is whether this type of bus transportation will be arranged for this hotel. I asked the hotel concierge this question - the concierge was not aware that this would be arranged for this hotel.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 3:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Vienna Plaza Hilton - some questions

1. I am a HHonors Gold member. I have already reserved an room at the executive (lounge) level. What benefits may I be eligible for?

2. I do not carry a laptop or tablet/ipad. Does the lounge have PCs, and if so, are they free to access (ie no access charges)?

3. Would I have access to the fitness room, free of charge?

4. Is there a spa or indoor pool?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Try this link

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-...Departing.html

Cheers
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, US/UA Gold, National Executive, Avis First, Accor Platinum
I used to live in Vienna.

For public transit, you have two options. There is the "high-speed" CAT train that goes straight from VIE to the city, and makes no stops. It takes 16 minutes from start to finish. However, I want to say that it costs 18 EUR roundtrip.

BUT-- you can also take the normal S-Bahn from VIE to the city. It takes close to 30 minutes, but is only a few euros. Both trains run on the same track, it's just that the S-Bahn makes a few stops.

I used the CAT train a couple times, but decided it wasn't worth the price so I just stuck to the S-Bahn. Also keep in mind, one of the Hiltons is right next to the stop where both the S-Bahn and CAT train go to. I don't remember which one, but nevertheless it is easy to get into the city.

Enjoy Vienna if you've never been, I'm currently living in Berlin and am going back to visit in October and am counting down the days!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:54 am

I used the cab service from Austrian airlines, if you have more than 2 passengers, its comparable or cheaper than the airport train, and door to door service.

http://www.red-cab.at/
Old Sep 24, 2012, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I will be attending the ESMO (European Society of Medical Oncology) starting this coming Friday.

The conference rotates throughout various European cities, annually.

The conference gives a transit pass to attendees for the duration of the conference.

A couple of years ago, I went to this same conference in Milan. There was bus (shuttle) transportation arranged for certain high scale hotels.

The question is whether this type of bus transportation will be arranged for this hotel. I asked the hotel concierge this question - the concierge was not aware that this would be arranged for this hotel.
At most conferences, I would usually only expect some special conference transportation for the official conference hotels or sometimes other conference recommended hotels. It doesn't appear that the Hilton is one of those hotels and so I would not expect any special transportation options.
http://hotels.mondial-congress.com/e...sing/list/id/5
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
At most conferences, I would usually only expect some special conference transportation for the official conference hotels or sometimes other conference recommended hotels. It doesn't appear that the Hilton is one of those hotels and so I would not expect any special transportation options.
http://hotels.mondial-congress.com/e...sing/list/id/5
is the Vienna Hilton Plaza near any one of these 4 hotels?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:26 am

Hilton Vienna Plaza completely booked for an event in July 2013

I had a reservation in early July at the Hilton Vienna Plaza and was just contacted by them: apparently, the hotel was booked in its entirety by an event and they needed to move everyone else out. They offered to move me to the Hilton Vienna and offered an upgrade to an Executive Room as compensation. Since I had selected the Vienna Plaza for the location (I have some business very close by), I wasn't terribly happy about this. I called them and they offered to split the stay: the first nights in the Hilton Vienna, the others (after the event is finished) in the Hilton Vienna Plaza.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
I don't see an entry in the Hilton Review list for the Vienna-Stadtpark location.

I just stayed there using points as a Diamond. This is a great location for exploring the center city--just across the street from a major transport station and walkable to downtown.

Nice Exec lounge and very nice breakfast in both the lounge and the restaurant.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by FrontRow
I don't see an entry in the Hilton Review list for the Vienna-Stadtpark location...
This seems to be the closest I've found, so I've been using it before my trip.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Just stayed at the Vienna Plaza and can report it is a fantastic hotel, with a beautiful remodel. Rooms, exec lounge, etc all top notch, and staff all very responsive and went out of their way to assist (other than one breakfast dragon in the restaurant, who mostly just seemed stressed and rules-oriented).

Breakfast benefit is in the lounge, with some ability to take it in the restaurant. Unclear how easy it is to order off the menu vs the buffet if you go to the restaurant. The buffet in the lounge on our first day was a bit tired and crowded so we inquired, were directed to restaurant for second day. The manager there looked at his list and said that if you were Gold/Diamond you get the lounge, but if your rate includes breakfast you get the restaurant. We ended up in the restaurant environment with the same buffet as upstairs. Not amazing, but adequate.

The lounge itself is a great design. Second floor, but the back half of the lounge is open, no wall, so you overlook the lobby and can people watch and relax. Even when crowded it felt pretty spacious. Good liquor and snacks and bottled water etc. They come by at 8 or 9 to offer last call on snacks/liquor. Aside from the usual folks trying to load every piece of an item onto their plate, the lounge was a very major benefit and well worth a visit.

We had an upgraded executive room which was huge. Really appreciated the entry way with two full closets. Large bathroom with very large walk in shower. Toiletries were standard Hilton, but extra large bottles (maybe double sized?).

At check in received a bottle of wine and water plus sweets and some jars of candy.

Location was superb. We walked to everything but the train station.

Highly recommended.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...za-hilton.html

Last edited by abaheti; Jan 5, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by abaheti
Just stayed at the Vienna Plaza and can report it is a fantastic hotel, with a beautiful remodel. Rooms, exec lounge, etc all top notch, and staff all very responsive and went out of their way to assist (other than one breakfast dragon in the restaurant, who mostly just seemed stressed and rules-oriented).

Breakfast benefit is in the lounge, with some ability to take it in the restaurant. Unclear how easy it is to order off the menu vs the buffet if you go to the restaurant. The buffet in the lounge on our first day was a bit tired and crowded so we inquired, were directed to restaurant for second day. The manager there looked at his list and said that if you were Gold/Diamond you get the lounge, but if your rate includes breakfast you get the restaurant. We ended up in the restaurant environment with the same buffet as upstairs. Not amazing, but adequate.

The lounge itself is a great design. Second floor, but the back half of the lounge is open, no wall, so you overlook the lobby and can people watch and relax. Even when crowded it felt pretty spacious. Good liquor and snacks and bottled water etc. They come by at 8 or 9 to offer last call on snacks/liquor. Aside from the usual folks trying to load every piece of an item onto their plate, the lounge was a very major benefit and well worth a visit.

We had an upgraded executive room which was huge. Really appreciated the entry way with two full closets. Large bathroom with very large walk in shower. Toiletries were standard Hilton, but extra large bottles (maybe double sized?).

At check in received a bottle of wine and water plus sweets and some jars of candy.

Location was superb. We walked to everything but the train station.

Highly recommended.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...za-hilton.html

You describe my experience almost exactly. The wife and I recently finished up a short Europe visit, and stayed at the Amsterdam Centraal DT, the Vienna Plaza Hilton and the Paris CDG Hilton, and by far, the Vienna Plaza Hilton was the best hotel. No complaints about the others, but Vienna just seemed to go beyond in everything for us.

One recommendation I'd have for others - we reached out to the hotel via email prior to arriving and Gabor from the hotel responded and helped us arrange transportation. We could have taken the train, but it was going to be late when we arrived, and we would be tired, so we opted to arrange a private car, which was roughly 8 Euros more than the taxi estimate. The service they use is Tesla Taxi Austria, and we were transported in a Model S, which we both enjoyed. The company is a father/son team, and had the privilege of riding each way once by each. Fantastic service, and I'd do it again.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rybob1
The service they use is Tesla Taxi Austria, and we were transported in a Model S, which we both enjoyed. The company is a father/son team, and had the privilege of riding each way once by each. Fantastic service, and I'd do it again.
Darn! My wife would have loved the Tesla ride. They should advertise that as a feature, I would have done it just for fun. We arrived by train and were going to take rail to the hotel, but decided to just Uber it for 9-10 Euros instead.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Deleted

Last edited by PHLisa; Jan 6, 2015 at 2:39 pm Reason: Derp - wrong hotel
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Would please like some advice, we have 5 days free June 30 thru July 5. I had planned on 5 nights at the Vienna Plaza but my wife thinks this is too long in one place. Her suggestion is take the bus from VIE to Bratislava, stay at the DT for 2 nights (10k per night) then take the train to Vienna, 3 nights at the Plaza at 40k per night. I know we would lose the 5th night free but still less total points (June 30 is 50k at the Plaza so 140k vs 168k). We probably wouldn't get to the DT until 3 pm and catch an early train back so I guess the question is will Bratislava be fun for a day and a half?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.