Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Trafalgar St. James London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Trafalgar St. James London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2001, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:
How was the breakfast -- Cont'l or Buffet?

Did the restaurant have a pre-theatre prix fixe yet? Also, any further word on their building a health club?
</font>
I had the "English Buffet" - I'm sure some would like it, I'm just not an English Sausage type guy. My wife had the Continental, it seemed to be fairly basic.

There was a special Pre & Post theatre menu available

Didn't remember to ask about the health club. Normally that's one of my first questions, however TMK's back was ailing.

Old Aug 6, 2001, 8:39 pm
DOC 2 BE

Thanx for the info and glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope your back is better now.

Old Sep 1, 2001, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
London Hilton Trafalgar

Planning a trip with my wife and two children at the Trafalgar in June. What bed arrangements can I expect? How big are the beds? Can I get two beds and a cot?
Old Sep 2, 2001, 5:25 am

I am not sure about the bed arrangements for children in this hotel - but I would not recommend it for a family stay.

Unless there is a good reason for choosing this 'boutique' hotel, I would strongly recommend one of the other Hilton's in London.

Nick
Old Sep 2, 2001, 9:39 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Agree. Stay in the Metropole with a room number ending in 92. It will have two queen beds and a queen pull-out couch
Old Sep 2, 2001, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Thanks for the response. What are your reasons for advising a change?

My kids are 13 and 15 years old and the Trafalgar is one of the only hotels in London that will allow 4 in one room.

Do you still recommend a different hotel?

Is the Metropole in a good location?
Old Sep 2, 2001, 9:27 pm

I too would recommend staying at another location. Although the location of the Trafalgar is fabulous, there are not many ammenities for two teenage children. I have stayed a the Metropole and have had four person to a room (two children and two adults). I do however enjoy the Trafalgar for all my business trips.

Best of luck!
Old Mar 12, 2002, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Trafalgar, London- Quick Report

Seeing as I only came across TravelMenKen's Report,
I thought I'd add my own $.02!

Well, I made a quick realisation that it would be cheaper to fly LHR for the weekend then back home to SEA from EWR. I booked my ticket for work to be SEA-x-EWR-IAD-LHR-EWR-X-SEA for a two week period.

Having already qualified for HH Diamond this year w/ 15 stays (thank you 1Q Double Stay promo), it was a no brainer to use points for a saturday night stay. Looking for a room w/ double occupancy, w/ a good location, The Trafalgar was the only property w/ award availability (A single room at the Green Park, could have been secured, but I was affraid that my roommate wouldn't have appreciated sleeping on the floor). Reading the write up (and interpreting it as Hilton's answer to Starwood's W chain) and securing the location as a "good one" I burned the 30 or 35k points for the saturday night.

To get to this hotel, one would get off at the Charing Cross station. This hotel is almost directly on Trafalgar Square (no more than a 2 minute crawl from one of the Underground's exits). If you were to be looking out from the main steps of the National Gallery it would be towards your right.

The Trafalgar has a very unassuming front. So unassuming that we passed it not once or twice... but three times. If you look at the photo, the only sign is the little 2x3 foot one to the left of the door!

Going through the door, you are presented w/ a ramp going down to the basement to the left and a door to enter the main lobby/bar straight ahead. Going through the door, you are greeted immediately by the trendy bar of The Trafalgar. Where they only had one type of beer, and it was Ł5 a bottle!

The staff all wore pants/skirt of a dark charcoal color, and a purplish/maroon colored top. At checkin, we were asked if we needed any help w/ our luggage. We declined. The person doing the checkin saw that I was on an award stay and asked for my SP3 certificate. I told him that it was faxed over on wednesday. He said he would go in the back to chck on it, but I gave him the Award Certificate# anyways. Check-in was done in a snap.

Anyways, the hotel was at near capacity and I had reserved a room w/ two double beds. Knowing that very little time would be spent at the hotel, not getting a suite was fine.

Walking into the room was a narrow hallway which had two stand-up closets. To the left was a seemingly large bathroom. Going into the bathroom was a standup shower to the left incased in glass, which was very difficult to see (my friend walked into it which made for a very good laugh). It included a whirlpool tub which could have easily fit a 6'5" chexfan, a very unique box-shaped sink and a toilet with impressive flushing action! At the bath tub and shower, there were two bars of soap and very large bottles of Body Wash and Shampoo which were more like home bathroom sized than hotel-room sized. (Unfortunately, the pics of the bathroom were deleted.)

The room did includea desk and TV w/ CD stereo and speakers which gave out an impressive sound!

The continentAl Breakfast was offered from 6:30 to 10:30 downstairs in the restaurant, But we didn't check it out.

A local call gave us a Ł3.20 charge on the bill and check-out was a snap!

That's all I can think of now. Feel free to ask any other q's. If you have problems w/ the links to the pics, try to get to them via: http://photos.yahoo.com/chexfanpics
Old Mar 12, 2002, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chexfan:
Going through the door, you are presented w/ a ramp going down to the basement to the left and a door to enter the main lobby/bar straight ahead. Going through the door, you are greeted immediately by the trendy bar of The Trafalgar. Where they only had one type of beer, and it was Ł5 a bottle! </font>
Am there now - and noted that the bar had (count 'em) two kinds of beer. But that is pretty much a shame in London.

But the Trafalgar is a very nice place - and quite convenient.

Old Mar 12, 2002, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CLTFlyer:
Am there now - and noted that the bar had (count 'em) two kinds of beer.</font>
They only have the Dutch one on hand though... ask!
Old Mar 12, 2002, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
So overall, how would you rate it on a scale 5-Stars?
Old Mar 12, 2002, 9:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This is not really a question about your stay, but you mentioned that you already made diamond due to the double stay promotion at Hilton. Have your stays already posted with double credit, or are you doubling your total for now assuming they will do it at the end of March? Just curious because my stays right now are only posting as 1 credit.

Thanks
Rachel
Old Mar 13, 2002, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by prncess674:
Have your stays already posted with double credit, or are you doubling your total for now assuming they will do it at the end of March?</font>
No, I have been using second grade math!

Old Mar 13, 2002, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TravelManKen:
So overall, how would you rate it on a scale 5-Stars?</font>
I don't rank hotels. Sorry. It served it's job this time as a place to stay in a central location.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 1:06 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Will be staying in May any great simple cost effective way from Heathrow to the Trafalgar??Appreciate the tips.......Heathrow express??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.