Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Manchester Deansgate {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Manchester Deansgate {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy

'Im at Blackpool this Friday as I try to hit my Diamond challenge nights. Can't imagine i'll get anything there as I need twin beds as I have my son with me.
I was at Blackpool last night.

If your son is still young I’d try and get a King Family Deluxe at Blackpool. There’s a king bed, 2 sofa beds and a set of bunk beds. IIRC the bunk beds would be suitable for someone up to early/mid teenage years and would give you a king bed.

I have had them on several occasions travelling alone so they do upgrade people to them. The only thing with them is the majority of them face Dickson Rd so no sea view. They are also the furthest from the lifts so can be a bit quieter.

Also I recommend a room on the top two floors, only random rooms on the floors below that have been refurbished
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Thanks everyone for your input, the prices have dropped over the past couple of days. So much so that the Deansgate was only £6 more than the DoubleTree - £107, given where I'm going I've paid the extra. Immediately offered an estandby upgrade for £0 to a deluxe room, £30 if I want an exec room.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20

I was at Blackpool last night.

If your son is still young I’d try and get a King Family Deluxe at Blackpool. There’s a king bed, 2 sofa beds and a set of bunk beds. IIRC the bunk beds would be suitable for someone up to early/mid teenage years and would give you a king bed.

I have had them on several occasions travelling alone so they do upgrade people to them. The only thing with them is the majority of them face Dickson Rd so no sea view. They are also the furthest from the lifts so can be a bit quieter.

Also I recommend a room on the top two floors, only random rooms on the floors below that have been refurbished
See you can be nice and helpful when you want to be

Online check in is showing an upgrade to a Twin Deluxe with Sea View on the 6th floor.

I guess I just ask for a King Fmaily Deluxe at check in?

Last edited by Geoggy; Feb 8, 2018 at 6:29 am
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:20 pm
cjd

Had a stay last week and upgraded from Queen room to King Executive on 22nd floor as Diamond. Hotel was busy and no suites available. As on previous occasions, we were given complimentary full breakfast in restaurant and access to Executive Lounge on the 23rd floor with it's great views. Lounge has drinks and food from 6pm to 8pm. On Fridays and Saturdays, drinks are beers, wine and prosecco but no spirits. Sunday through Thursday, drinks are beers, wine and spirits. but no prosecco. Even though lounge opening hours are 6 to 8pm, we didn't leave until nearly 9pm on Monday. On Saturdays, they are fairly strict with the closing time, as they open up Cloud 23 into the Exec Lounge, shortly after 8pm. Car parking in the adjacent NCP car park is now £24 per 24 hours. Hotel gives 15% discount of £3.60.
wizla and prism10 like this.

Last edited by cjd; Aug 5, 2018 at 3:27 pm
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
We had a great 3 nights stay here. Fabulous executive lounge, staff wise and offers wise. To our surprise the EL never got crowded, neither from six o'clock on, in the critical hours, nor for breakfast. We preferred the continental spread up there because it is a lot more quiet than in the restaurant. The armchairs in the EL would need a make over soon, I think.

Our room was pre-assigned on floor 22, went down to 21 for e>check-in and turned out to be on 20 when actually getting in at 14.45 hrs (we were absolutely early at 10.15 hrs that morning). We were offered waiting in the EL but then left for exploring the city centre. On our return at 14.30 hrs the room was not ready yet and the latest drops to floor 20 was explained by "maintenance reasons" in the other room. We had room 2019, which was great. However, the windows were very dirty and hampered the otherwise brilliant views. The minibar fridge was locked and after several attempts by help-line, by a member of room service and receptionist it remained lock. Strange enough, it opened and then re-locked. When we looked into the "electronic" minibar it was all empty. - They were not able to fix it during our stay.

Well, minor hick-ups only. However they have the potential of becoming a nuisance when you spend more than thirty minutes explaining yourself to staff and trying in vain to get the problem fixed.

Going back in a few days and I am looking forward to.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:35 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I thought I posted about my stay a month ago, but I can't find any posts by me. Well in contrast to Zurich I was disappointed in the lounge in the evening, it was extremely crowded and boisterous, and there was basically nothing to eat except some undercooked cocktail sausages, and they wanted to kick everyone out at 2030.

Again opposite to Zurich I found breakfast in the restaurant to be quiet, and selection and quality above average for UK Hiltons, so if the lounge is continental only I made the right choice.

The room itself was fine with a nice view, but when I'm in Manchester I need to be near Piccadilly station so I think I'll continue to stay at the DT in the future unless rates are too high.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by :D!
The room itself was fine with a nice view, but when I'm in Manchester I need to be near Piccadilly station so I think I'll continue to stay at the DT in the future unless rates are too high.

Thanks for this. Will be there a few nights coming up, and was back and forth between this and the DT.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Stayed here on a Friday night. At check-in, suite available for upgrade however hotel wanted £100 for it (I'm a diamond and had booked a deluxe room for £150 - checking room prices now, suites are available for £180 so feel like hotel were trying it on)

Got to room and there was a huge stain on the carpet. Room was old and dirty in addition to the stain. I called down to the front desk who told me 'it's fine' - I was not happy with this so asked to speak with a manager. No one responded so contacted Hilton - 2 hours later someone from the hotel finally got in touch. I asked them to allow me to leave to move to the Doubletree (I was on a non-refundable rate) and they said they'd put me in the suite for free if I stayed. Was busy that evening so had no time to move to Doubletree, so reluctantly accepted. In fairness, suite was clean and modern

Lounge was poor with no spirits on weekend, and a hot option of cocktail sausages - classy! As it was a special occasion they offered me a free glass of prosecco in the Podium bar, however I did not have time to have this.

Upon checkout I complained again, and was told the hotel did more than enough and broke their own diamond policy by giving me a suite - I asked to hear from a manager and still have heard nothing back.

I won't be back - did not like the old and dirty room (albeit the suite was very nice and modern), staff were below average and service not what I expected. Will be staying at the Doubletree from now on.

Last edited by mjbdiamond; Nov 27, 2018 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've stayed at the Deansgate Hilton lots recently - maybe 12 times in the last 3 months. Upgraded as a Diamond every time from a standard room to Deluxe, Exec, Exec Plus and Suite at various points.

It's always been quiet in the rooms - I've stayed on most floors between 17 and 21 and my only real gripe is the lack of plug sockets near to the beds. I like the EL even if the nibbles disappear early - I often don't get in from the client office until about 7.30pm so it's a bit of a rush. The staff are usually really good, and the restaurant staff tend to be exemplary in my experience.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I've stayed at the Deansgate Hilton lots recently - maybe 12 times in the last 3 months. Upgraded as a Diamond every time from a standard room to Deluxe, Exec, Exec Plus and Suite at various points.

It's always been quiet in the rooms - I've stayed on most floors between 17 and 21 and my only real gripe is the lack of plug sockets near to the beds. I like the EL even if the nibbles disappear early - I often don't get in from the client office until about 7.30pm so it's a bit of a rush. The staff are usually really good, and the restaurant staff tend to be exemplary in my experience.
I actually really like the lounge especially the great views, however it has two different themes during the week it’s a quiet and tranquil place to relax with some nice wine and canapés with other execs......weekends it’s zoo for folk to get as drunk as possible before they head out for the evening or go to the cloud bar , the canapés are cheap and nasty and they take the spirits away at weekends too.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
A one night stay here last Sunday, my first here for a few years.

Welcomed as a Diamond and upgraded to an Exec Plus room at the end of the corridor on the 20th floor. The room was quiet and spacious, my only real complaint as has been mentioned on a previous review, literally no plug sockets anywhere near the bed!!

Attended afternoon tea upon arrival and also the evening reception (very briefly) in the lounge. The lounge has great views over the city, during the afternoon a part of it was cordoned off for an overflow from the Cloud bar (I assume), and just a small area for Exec lounge guests but as the only people there it was great and we felt it was a decent spread. The evening was much busier, but staff were still very helpful.

We used the leisure facilities, nothing really to note except both the pool and the jacuzzi seemed extremely hot.

Generally a good stay, and an excellent rate on a Sunday night. We felt the breakfast was below average but the service again was very good.

Parking in the NCP was £21 with the hotel discount. Convenient to the hotel, but not exactly cheap.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:32 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
I stayed here a bit a few years ago and had a short stay last week.
I had forgotten how impressive the scale of the property is and the views from the lounge are breathtaking. Was also upgraded to an exec room and agree with the last poster that the food at breakfast (food in general) was a bit weak. The health club was way too busy in the early evening but empty mid-morning.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Freetotravel
I stayed here a bit a few years ago and had a short stay last week.
I had forgotten how impressive the scale of the property is and the views from the lounge are breathtaking.
Views from EL, yes. Views from executive floor rooms were obstructed by rather filthy windows. Have they been cleaned meanwhile?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Haha. Actually I didn’t notice but I was meaning from the EL 😀
Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hey - we are thinking of going away for a small Manchester break.

Does anyone know what the Lounge is like now? Website says it is a reduced service but I am not sure what that means in practice.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.