Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2001, 4:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
We were just there a couple of months ago (4th time?), and they will usually upgrade you to the towers if you are Gold. Sometimes the hotel is booked solid and then they can't grant access to the priority lounge (one of the best you will ever find). Instead, they comped us for the breakfast buffet every morning - which is about a $40 value. Fabulous hotel - one of our favorites in the world - great restaurants both onsite and offsite (you have to do Roy's) and there is this charming french place....but its a drive.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat,Hilton Diamond,Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier
I do mean Diamond. Sorry got my program levels mixed up.
It looks like I am in for a great 2nd Honeymoon (20th Anniversary).
Are there any views that are better than others? Some rooms to avoid?
Thanks all for the input.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 12:32 pm

The sixth floor in the Ocean Tower is the concierge floor and has unobstructed ocean views - all of the rooms on this floor looked great to me - we loved the ones on the end. Happy 20th and be sure to mention this when requesting your upgrade!

The only room I would even have concern with are those by the big pool (the tower with the spa) - great if you want to use the spa quite a bit, but much louder than the Ocean Tower (and a long walk over to the concierge lounge for the evening mai tai).

I also agree that Roy's for dinner is a must! Have a great time, you will not be disappointed.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold (2x Concorde-ian),AA EXP; HHonors Diamond,Marriott Plat,Starwood Plat
Check a previous topic on experiences at this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001916.html
Old Jun 27, 2001, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The lounge breakfasts are probably the best of any USA Hilton. The evening appy's are fine, but please note the booze is NOT free. You are "forced" to pour your own drinks and fill out a card, but I hear some people pour with a very very heavy hand. As a Diamond I was always upgraded or allowed access to the lounge.

Please note, the lounge starts removing the evening appy's promptly at 700 PM, and I have heard the US Navy sets their ship chronometers by the starting time of this operation. Enjoy the nice islands and this very wonderful hotel. Itsa winner.

MisterNice

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 06-27-2001).]
Old Jun 27, 2001, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suggest you avoid ALL luau's unless you really enjoy institutional food and standing in long lines for over-cooked food and under-liquored drinks (and I aint trying to be funny). There are too many fine places to dine in HI, many outdoors in the nice breezes too. I used to look at the poor souls sadly doing luau's often at the Maui Marriott luau while I was enjoying a fine dinner, fine wine etc in a nice open lounge or restaurant.

MisterNice
Old Jun 27, 2001, 5:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
I agree with MisterNice. On Oahu, Chucks Steak house on the balcony. You can hear the music, see the luau if you peer over, but can enjoy at least an average steak and bottle of wine for half the cost. That has been awhile.
Old Jun 29, 2001, 6:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
Hilton Waikoloan

I've just had an Email from the Waikoloan confirming my dates for an award stay Sept 16th (ALON).They want to know preferences for 2 Double Beds or King and any other requests!!!
Any tips regarding room sizes or what to request??

Also we would like to stay some extra nights but no award availability and i don't want to pay $300 a night-is Priceline or Hotwire an option worth considering?
Old Jun 29, 2001, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Retry your request for a reward stay periodically and by all means telephone the HWV hotel directly. As for $300/day, well I for one have had many pleasant stays HWV for $175-$185/day in the past two years.

Overall Hawaii hotel occupancy has dropped each month for the past 4 months. I think it will continue to drop and WONDERS-TO-BE, room rates are finally slowly dropping as a result. Just today the lovely Grand Wailia (Maui) sent an email stating they lowered some rates to $310/day for the room. The HWV is really wonderful so enjoy your stay and good luck.

MisterNice

ps: did I meet you and your nice "Lion King" daughter in the London Kensington Hilton exec lounge ?
Old Jun 30, 2001, 1:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
MISTERNICE RE Kensington Exec Lounge. Was this recently? I have only been there once (March 2000)and i had a lot of free Champers in the exec lounge!! so my memory is a bit vague!!
Old Jun 30, 2001, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Wudy15:
Also we would like to stay some extra nights but no award availability and i don't want to pay $300 a night-is Priceline or Hotwire an option worth considering?</font>
If a better rate doesn't come along, ask for rate code PW. It's $199 a night and includes complimentary use of the Kohala spa facilities daily, for two. HWV is a wonderful place. "Next stop, Ocean Tower." It's music to my ears. Aloha.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World

[This message has been edited by BL1KITW (edited 06-30-2001).]
Old Jun 30, 2001, 9:40 pm

I just returned from a week at the HWV on the ALON award. It was absolutely fabulous. Request the Ocean Towers on the Concierge Level, if you can get it. If you have access to the Towers lounge, they have a very nice continental breakfast (the papayas are out of this world), drinks and snacks in the afternoon, and appetizers in the evening. If you are bringing kids along, this lounge is a god-send. Feel free to e-mail me if you have other questions, but you will have a great time.
Old Jun 30, 2001, 9:53 pm

I just got back yesterday from the Waikoloa, and was upgraded to the Towers Floor in the Ocean Tower. FABULOUS. The staff in the Towers Lounge is extremely friendly and very attentive. Their breakfasts are wonderful, and the sodas, juice and cookies are great for the kids as a mid day snack. We just celebrated an aniversary there (which we happened to mention to Deiter Seeger, the general manager) and he promptly sent us a major fruit plate and champagne, gratis

This is a fabulous property! Happy 20th. You'll thoroughly enjoy it!

Old Jul 4, 2001, 5:36 pm

I just got back for the Waikoloa today. I had a fabulous ocean view room in the Lagoon Tower(but YES it is extremely noisy!!)
I love to leave my door open to get the sea breeze and the fresh air. There were people laughing at the pool underneath my room every night around 2am and the pool cleaners talking at 6am the the towel barrows clunking along the pavement at 3am.
I also thought the lounge-although complimentry was a very ordinary breakfast the the food was reasonably good at night but the honor bar is a bit of a pain.
I then went to Hyatt Waikiki-
Now THATS a great complimentry lounge!!!!!!Overall I loved the Waikiloa layout and the fabulous cabanas out by the Ocean tower(get there by 8 and you'll get one!
Coming from Australia -with our 50c in the $ I found the prices extremely high and even the US people were saying to leave the hotel and eat outside as it was far cheaper but I was on a ALON and feel that It is courtesy to frequent the hotel establishments and put a little back.A foot long hot dog is $us9!!

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Starwood Platinum/UA1K-Ansett-WHITE/Qantas-WHITE

[This message has been edited by tinkybelle (edited 07-04-2001).]
Old Jul 7, 2001, 12:24 pm

Just spent a week an ALON at Waikoloa, our first time. E-P-A-N-S-I-V-E and E$P$E$N$S$I$V$E describe the property. If you are in the Towers, what ever you do don't forget something necessary in your room, from the main lobby you'll spend at least 30 minutes retrieving it. Dinner for two averaged $75 and that's without liquor!! Valet parking is optional and reasonable, $8 a day. Staff very friendly. The spa is fantastic, a must and free for Diamond members. We had a wonderful time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.