Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Do you have to pay resort fees on an award stay here?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:44 pm

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

All reports here are no. I know that I never have. My last award stay was summer 2014.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks Zach, that's good to know. I'm planning to stay here next month and I'll report back if anything has changed with the resort fees (parking fees are ridiculous btw)
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by alan19
Thanks Zach, that's good to know. I'm planning to stay here next month and I'll report back if anything has changed with the resort fees (parking fees are ridiculous btw)
Thanks, please keep us updated; I'd rather not be surprised when I stay next year.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by alan19
Do you have to pay resort fees on an award stay here?
You don't have to pay resort fees on any Hilton award stay.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Mel Grant
Where is the best place to eat at HWV and which is the best tower?
We stayed in the Ocean Tower last year. It was fine, as we weren't there to sit in our room. The room was dated, but could possibly under renovation now. We were on the top floor facing the ocean and Buddha Point. We couldn't beat the view.

We ate at the coffee shop in the Ocean Tower for breakfast every day. It was open early, the prices were reasonable, and the food was decent. Much better value than the Big Island Breakfast. We had the "hawaiian buffet" at the luau one night and it was decent banquet food. We waited 15 minutes at the bar at the Boat Landing Cantina. The server tried to add items to our tab that we didn't order. The Lagoon Grill was above average and was probably our best meal on the property.

The best meals we had were at the King's and Queen's Shops in the village outside the hotel. There are a couple of local restaurants that had great food. We saved a lot of money, and had more fun, by buying food at the Gourmet Market and having picnics while we explored the island.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Total Rewards Diamond, & others
Originally Posted by CalvaryMike
We are HGVC owners at Kings Land. We were there in May and took the shuttle to HWV a few times and the shopping center. Was never charged for the shuttle nor was anyone else.
I was just at Kings Land and there is no charge for the shuttle or parking there.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
think long and hard before you stay at this property

1) $25 resort fee
2) $25 self parking $30 valet parking fee per day

OMG the birds, the birds are insane.... if you don't stay in the makai (?sp) building expect pure misery with the birds. Carefully read the tripadvisor reviews.

There are some fantastic awesome features of this property as well but an informed consumer.

If you are mobility compromised in any way or just want to get in and out quickly on business DO NOT stay here.

If you love loud squawking birds, hate upgrades (if you have status) but enjoy meandering around a HUGE beautiful property that has access to excellent trails, plenty of pool space, $$$$$ food, and walking .5 miles to your car this is the place for you.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nikitta28
think long and hard before you stay at this property

1) $25 resort fee
2) $25 self parking $30 valet parking fee per day

OMG the birds, the birds are insane.... if you don't stay in the makai (?sp) building expect pure misery with the birds. Carefully read the tripadvisor reviews.

There are some fantastic awesome features of this property as well but an informed consumer.

If you are mobility compromised in any way or just want to get in and out quickly on business DO NOT stay here.

If you love loud squawking birds, hate upgrades (if you have status) but enjoy meandering around a HUGE beautiful property that has access to excellent trails, plenty of pool space, $$$$$ food, and walking .5 miles to your car this is the place for you.
To each their own. My wife and I completely enjoyed our stay there Summer 2014. Award stay so no resort fees. free internet. 2 $10 coupons per day towards food and maybe more. We stayed in the Ocean tower, with the upgrade from what we booked, at the Buddha Point end with fantastic ocean and sunsets view. Birds were not a problem. Yes they were there and making bird noises, but heard them everywhere in Hawaii, not just the resort and added to the paradise feel. And self park was $17 Summer 2014. Between walking, the tram and the boats, very easy to get around.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
A few questions

Just trying to bump up this thread to see if I get any responses. Thanks.
Hi All, we are a blind couple and looking to spend 6 days in Hawaii. I have booked a MAKAI-MOUNTAIN SIDE-LAGOON TOWER-1 KING BED Non Smoking Room at this hotel in the leisure package which apparently offers %40 back in vouchers. I am also a Hilton Diamond member (yes I have to change my signature as it says Hilton Gold). I am guessing I will still get $10 vouchers? I am wondering if I would be better off booking the bed and breakfast rate?
Also the booking is for early December and so I was wondering what the chances of a room upgrade are.
Are there local taxis to go around? While there appear to be restaurants in the resort, I think we may be bored of them quite quickly.
If anyone has local private tour operators that they have used, please do let me know their contact details.
Anything that else that we need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by blindy; Nov 15, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
will they be having their $99.00 cyber Monday sale this year?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
Tonight I see absolutely no availability for points the entire 2016 summer. This is new, it was there about a week ago. I hope it is just a glitch.

Blindy, you will get $20 a day in vouchers. Watch out though, twice we did not credited for them on the bill. Unless you love breakfast buffets with long lines, I would not go for the breakfast rate.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by bearkatt
will they be having their $99.00 cyber Monday sale this year?
Yup. 30% off. Not that great but valid till EOS.

Booked this rate for thanksgiving next year using Citi prestige 4th nite free.

Got a makai lagoon view
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
If you are on an award stay, do you still have to pay $25 per night for parking?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by romsdeals3
If you are on an award stay, do you still have to pay $25 per night for parking?
Yes, award stay waives the resort fee but not the self parking fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.