Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors such as broken links, for example to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
The Royal suite we stayed in had lots of extra space for our kids, the only draw backs was they had to sleep on the sofas.

Two bathrooms for a family of 4 was a big plus.

It also provided great views of the ocean and had a very nice lanai.

Room was clean and well maintained with out of date furniture, we got this room on points for 59k, a night during our stay this past March.

I thought it was well worth the little bit of extra points, but then again with young kids they we sort require the extra space a suite provides. I couldn't imagine staying in a standard room anymore...
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PedroNY
Going down to Category 6 from Category 7, starting 1/14/2015! So it will be 30k-50k per night, this could be great news for someone who has this hotel booked on points at a future date, make sure you check point prices after January 14th, 2015 -- you may save some points!

Cheers,

PedroNY
Nice. So to get the reduced point rates you have to do your booking after Jan 14?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:23 pm

Daily Resort Charge will be added to the room and includes: Guest internet access; hula, lei making and ukulele lessons; in room PlayStation 3 with unlimited movies and games; 20% discount On Lagoon Beach toy rentals, 10% discount On Cruises Ocean Sports; local & toll-free calls.

Just wanted to mention, the cultural activity included in the Daily Resort Fee is pretty good. Our kids did the ukulele and lei (nut) making, and it was a fun hour for them. They do like one activity a day generally and you should sign up a few days in advance if possible. Classes are in the old Executive Lounge in the Ocean Tower (I can still see the ghost of the plate of cookies and cans of Coke on the ledge from over a decade ago!)
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
I am reading the benefits for reserving a Makai room, and they include "Dedicated cabana and lounge chair area at Kona Pool" - can anybody tell me where this area is? Do you still have to pay extra for the cabanas, or are they included in the room price? Are they the same loungers are around the rest of the pool, or are they upgraded? Is there shade / umbrellas in this area?

Thanks for you help!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
recent stay

Recently stayed at this hotel over new years on reward, this was my second stay there. I was also getting married on the island during this trip.

Checked in online and was given a room in the lagoon/makai tower. Upon check in, I found I was downgraded to an ocean room, very bummed about that. Was told I was moved because of a late check out. This is odd because I arrived at 7pm. Was told that no other room was available, despite there being online avilability.

No Resort Fee. Did valet, but always had 15-20 miute waits for our car.

New years eve party was actually a big let down. Paid a lot of money, only to find out they let all guests in after dinner. Had I kown this, we would have eaten somewhere else (I actually called about this prior to booking, and they said only people who can enter are those who paid). Lots of kids at the new year party.

Bad storm came though and flooded the coffee shop in the ocean tower, so we had to trek it all the way to the other side of the resort. Other than the pools being really dirty from the storm, no ther damage.

Ironically, upon check-out, I requested the late check out. Was told No, because my room was booked for that night, and I had to be out by noon.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:11 am

For those who've stayed there recently, can you get discounted luau tickets for Hilton guests once you get there?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kylekyle
For those who've stayed there recently, can you get discounted luau tickets for Hilton guests once you get there?
To the best of my knowledge, no.

The luau was a rip-off. $100+ bucks for 90 minutes of entertainment and a buffet dinner. There was no alcohol in the adult drinks, and the buffet of "local favorites" included chicken tenders and fries. There was some poke, and some seafood, but it wasn't noteworthy.

The children in the audience seemed to enjoy the luau, but it was "touristy". Lots of audience interaction...making men uncomfortable teaching them hula dances, etc. There was about 5 minutes of fire dancing.

They take a professional photo of you and your family and then sell it back to you for $19.99. I laughed.

Save your money and go out to a nice dinner in the Queen's Marketplace or Kailua-Kona.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by aww3583
To the best of my knowledge, no.

The luau was a rip-off. $100+ bucks for 90 minutes of entertainment and a buffet dinner. There was no alcohol in the adult drinks, and the buffet of "local favorites" included chicken tenders and fries. There was some poke, and some seafood, but it wasn't noteworthy.

The children in the audience seemed to enjoy the luau, but it was "touristy". Lots of audience interaction...making men uncomfortable teaching them hula dances, etc. There was about 5 minutes of fire dancing.

They take a professional photo of you and your family and then sell it back to you for $19.99. I laughed.

Save your money and go out to a nice dinner in the Queen's Marketplace or Kailua-Kona.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be a first time visitor to Hawaii so I think that's one of the must do's. Yes I know it will be a rip off...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be a first time visitor to Hawaii so I think that's one of the must do's. Yes I know it will be a rip off...
My wife and I very much enjoyed the Luau. We got the upgraded tickets and got to eat the good food like some of the pig from the pit. Delicious. We used our holo holo card that we got on the second day from going to the orientation and paid less than the non-upgraded rate so yes, you can get discounts.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
My wife and I very much enjoyed the Luau. We got the upgraded tickets and got to eat the good food like some of the pig from the pit. Delicious. We used our holo holo card that we got on the second day from going to the orientation and paid less than the non-upgraded rate so yes, you can get discounts.
Thanks. I'm not really keen in the timeshare stuff.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I'm not really keen in the timeshare stuff.
Me either but a few hours with no intention of buying the time share to get the holo holo card saved us well over $500 on things we were going to do anyways. And got $100 in resort money to use so that made the savings over $600. Worth it to me.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:40 am

alternative to over-priced Hilton luau

Anyone wanting to see some Polynesian-style dancing without paying for the Hilton's overrated luau, should consider this FREE(!) show about 15 minutes away...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...ii_Hawaii.html

Heck, get you some plate lunches with some Kaialua Pork or fish at a food court, and you're getting most of the Hilton luau "experience"-- only about $100 cheaper, closer, and faster.

The Queen's Shops also puts on a free show I think on Monday and Thursday as well. It wasn't "professional" but enjoyable and more authentic, as it was actually girls who are part of a hula school in the area (complete with stern but comical instructor who is doing a good job teaching the girls discipline and responsibility-- you definitely don't want to forget a costume at home with her in charge!).
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:59 am

Not recently but when I was there in Dec 2013, they were selling a dinning discount card that gives you 10% off on all dining in the resort and it includes the luau.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
ridiculous parking fee - anyone figured out a way around it?

jumping back to the parking situation / ridiculous $25 day parking fee topic. Has anyone figured out a way around this? Is there anywhere "close by" that you can leave the car to avoid this?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
It would not be so ridiculous if it were not coupled with the even more ridiculous $25 resort fee which benefits mostly people with children (hula lessons, etc). The highest combo I know of in the Waikoloa area.

However, I suspect that the shopping center parking lots would not appreciate your parking there and the other hotels would charge you. Plus it is a long run from place to place there. The shopping shuttle is no longer free either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.