Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
Does the AMEX FHR rate still allow you to receive Diamond benefits and earn HHonors points and stay credit?
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BluEyezNSC
Does the AMEX FHR rate still allow you to receive Diamond benefits and earn HHonors points and stay credit?
AMEX tells me yes, but I'll find out in about two weeks (allowing time for stay to post).
Old Sep 26, 2006, 5:39 pm

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
Originally Posted by 1K Prof
Upgrade success is nearly 100% for us, even in Dec; have been there as a Gold 10 times over the past 15 years.
Just be very polite and ask before you get there; it has always worked for us.

Just curious as to what your upgrades have been? I've stayed at this property but many years ago when I had no hhonors status. Now I have gold and am curious about the types of upgrades you have gotten over the years. Thanks.

BF
Old Sep 26, 2006, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by AACruiser
do you have the actual email address for the GM at HWV?
You can email it to:

[email protected]

however, do know that nothing is guaranteed. The year before, we were only
gold and we were "upgraded" to the Ocean Tower. This year, I am Diamond,
and even though I specifically requested Ocean, which side I wanted to be on,
etc.. etc., upon check in, rooms were only available in the Palace Tower.
They did try just once to see if they could move me ( I had two rooms on
awards, though), but could not find anything. Know that, and you will not
be disappointed.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 8:52 pm

Yes.

Originally Posted by BluEyezNSC
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Stayed there on a Diamond award stay the last week of March 2005.

Walk-out/ground level room in the Ocean Tower.
We were the closest room (the building is circular) to Buddha Point (3 steps off of out patio and you were on the mini-golf course).

We were also almost the farthest possible point from the front desk.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by beachfamily
Just curious as to what your upgrades have been? I've stayed at this property but many years ago when I had no hhonors status. Now I have gold and am curious about the types of upgrades you have gotten over the years. Thanks.

BF
From my experience and what I have read here, upgrades depend on the time of year and occupancy levels (as is standard with most properties). I will be there next week for my 4th straight year. As a gold on the last 3 stays was assigned a room in the Palace tower each time, which I believe is standard assignment for Golds. On each stay asked for a change and they were very accomodating. First 2 years requested an ocean view ground floor room in Ocean Tower so that my 2 small children could walk out front and play. Last year requested a room in Lagoon Tower so my kids could be closer to the big pools, was given an ocean view room directly above the dolphins, which was a big hit with the family. Each stay has been in the slow season at the beginning of October. I think suite upgrades are tough to come by for Golds, but ocean view rooms are not if it's the slow season.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:40 am

OCTraveler, I will be staying at the HWV for six nights in about three weeks. Hope you don't mind my asking:

1) Did you ask for the change when you checked in?
2) Which lounge did you get access to, or where else did you have breakfast?
3) Which tower would you recommend for a couple with no children? We will have a rental car and pretty much every day we will be leaving the hotel to do stuff around the island, if that makes any difference in your recommendation.

Originally Posted by OCTraveler
...As a gold on the last 3 stays was assigned a room in the Palace tower each time, which I believe is standard assignment for Golds. On each stay asked for a change and they were very accomodating...

Last edited by MarkMColo; Sep 27, 2006 at 10:47 am Reason: To ask more questions
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:06 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
OCTraveler, I will be staying at the HWV for six nights in about three weeks. Hope you don't mind my asking:

1) Did you ask for the change when you checked in?
2) Which lounge did you get access to, or where else did you have breakfast?
3) Which tower would you recommend for a couple with no children? We will have a rental car and pretty much every day we will be leaving the hotel to do stuff around the island, if that makes any difference in your recommendation.
Answers:

1) First 2 stays asked for a change at check-in. Last trip I e-mailed a request for a room in Lagoon Tower, however when I checked in I was assigned to Palace Tower. I politely asked for a room in Lagoon tower and was given a great room. Occupancy was low, so I believe they had plenty of rooms available. I would definitely recommend an e-mail or fax request a head of time. I will be doing that shortly for my stay next week.

2) Unless things have changed, Golds only have access to the lounge in the Palace tower. Diamonds have access to the lounge in Ocean Tower which has evening appetizers and I believe a couple of extra selections at breakfast (i.e. bagels). No lounge in Lagoon Tower.

3) Lagoon Tower has the gym/spa and is closest to the large pool complex and potentially good ocean views/view of the dolphins. Ocean Tower is close to smaller set of pools and a small adult pool, but probably has the best ocean/golf course views. Ocean tower is furthest trek from the lobby. The lobby is a bit of a trip from all of the towers, so an extra couple of minutes never made a difference to me. In my opinion only thing the Palace Tower has going for it is that is has the Gold Lounge. This would be my last choice. I have never minded walking (or tram/boat) to the Palace tower for breakfast as the grounds are amazing and very peaceful in the morning. Pretty much a toss up to me between Ocean and Lagoon, unless you can get a room on the executive lounge floor in Ocean Tower (and access to the lounge). Other than that is tough to beat a room in the Lagoon tower with a balacony overlooking the Dolphins.

Anyhow a search on this forum will provide other insights into tower/room selection.

Best Wishes for a good trip.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:09 pm

THANKS!

Originally Posted by OCTraveler
Answers...

Best Wishes for a good trip.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 10:40 am

Did you get an upgrade with AMEX FHR too?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 7:26 pm

Upgraded from Garden View to Partial Ocean View prior to arrival. At check-in bumped up to Ocean View (Diamond, Amex, or me).

Originally Posted by Pointeater
Did you get an upgrade with AMEX FHR too?
Old Oct 7, 2006, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Was "Saved by the Bell" at HWV?

Unfortunately, searches for "Saved by the Bell" just resulted in people using the figure of speech.

Nevertheless, I was pretty sure that back in the late 80's/early 90's, that the Saturday morning hit show "Saved by the Bell" shot an episode at HWV (and I'm not sure if the HWV was a Hilton or Hyatt property at the time.) I believe it was posted here before, but I couldn't find the post.

In '89, there was a tv movie "Saved by the Bell - Hawaiian Style" but I believe it was another episode that was done at the HWV.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Oct 7, 2006, 8:37 pm

Jessie's dad was getting married (Zack tried to pick up on the new bride who was an aerobics instructor), and Slater was dating a Princess - I would think they were at HWV as I can picture them getting on the boat near the Palace Towers / Convention area. I have seen the post you were talking about, but I thought it was in the Hyatt or Marriott forum referencing Palm Springs.

Adding link:
http://www.tv.com/saved-by-the-bell/...st;ep_title;17

Last edited by J0HN; Oct 7, 2006 at 8:49 pm
Old Oct 7, 2006, 8:58 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
The episode where Jessie's Dad got married was set in Las Vegas (where they actually filmed...I don't know).

The episode that was set in Hawaii was the one were Kelly's grandfather ran a small hotel and a big cross-town hotel owner wanted to buy the place out cheap. Zack and the gang had to pitch in and work at the hotel to help save it. But since there were no guests at Kelly's grandfather's hotel, they had to trick some guests over at the bad-guys hotel first (where Mr. Belding was staying).

Sheesh

Last edited by bitburgr; Oct 7, 2006 at 8:59 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.