Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:16 pm

I don't know, but someone said there was in another tread that was dated subsequent to Feb 15. Like I said in the other thread, I eventually got a nice room in Ocean but as a gold I had to hike over to Palace to get breakfast, so if there is a gold lounge in Ocean I'm a bit upset. I think the other poster said it was on 4. BTW, my opinion is to go for the view, not the breakfast.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Dia, HH Dia
Was their the second week of feb. The gold lounge is in the palace tower. The diamond lounge is in the 6th floor ocean tower. While they were undergoing some renovations this fall they had moved the gold lounge to the 4th floor ocean tower, the renovations have been completed and the gold lounge has moved back to the palace tower.

We are diamond and were upgraded to room 5069 in the ocean tower on an ALON. (e-mailed the hotel with the upgrade request) This room overlooks Budda Point. You will most likely have a pretty good ocean view for any rooms xx60-xx80 4th floor and up in the ocean tower.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 4:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by billyrayvalentine:
Was their the second week of feb. The gold lounge is in the palace tower. The diamond lounge is in the 6th floor ocean tower. While they were undergoing some renovations this fall they had moved the gold lounge to the 4th floor ocean tower, the renovations have been completed and the gold lounge has moved back to the palace tower.</font>
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 7:13 pm

aha, that solves the mystery.

I had a first floor room in Ocean and the view was amazing. Ocean is only 7 floors so if you insist on 4th floor you are limiting yourself. Of course, othershave had palm trees, etc obsure their view.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 5:24 pm
cjd

Pakse,
Did you get a reply to your query regarding incidental room charges? I have just returned from award stays at both the HWV and HHV and charged several meals and breakfast upgrades from restaurants supposedly run by the hotels to my room account. Small amounts such as $28 have earned points, but I cannot see where these figures came from as they do not match up with my invoice. this is the first time I have known that meal charges have not been credited with points. Could it be the fact that they were award stays?

------------------
Chris
Old Mar 8, 2004, 8:18 pm

I stayed at HHV (paid) and HWV (ALON) last month.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/010015.html
It seems that regardless of whether paid stay or free stay, Hawaii Hilton gives no HH Base Points for restaurant charges.

Only incidentals they credited me for Base Points were: in-room movies, mini bar charges, and the stuffed animal that is left on the bed for your kids to take home (and parents to pay for).

FYI, the following restaurants/stores were the ones I charged to the rooms but got no credit from:
At HHV --- Tropics Bar, Golden Dragon, Roundtable Pizza, ABC Store, and Cafe by the Kalia Pool.
At HWV --- Restaurant by the Lagoon Tower Pool, Pool Bar by the Lagoon Tower, Grill by the Dophin Lagoon, Kamuela Provision Company, and Red Sail Sports.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I received points from HWV for the restaurant at Ocean tower last October. This was a reward stay and I was suprised to receive the points.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:15 am

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
I was at HWV last week on an ALON stay and did receive stay and night credit, however I did not receive any points. My total folio was $700, but only $300 shows on the stay. Only thing I can figure for the difference is the my two larger restaurant charges plus a visit to the business center is about $400. Regardless, I would have expected points for at least the $300.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:42 am

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
Interesting upgrade story last week.

As a gold, had booked an ALON checking in on 3/1. At checkin, was offered a garden view Ocean Tower or mountain view Palace Tower. I asked if any ocean views were available, but was told no.

After checking out the Ocean Tower room decided we'd rather be closer to the Kona pool for my kids, so the lagoon tower would be best. I was offered a room overlooking a parking lot, but was told the rooms were nicer as they were recently renovated.

Schlepped back to the front desk and got a key to the Lagoon tower room. It was the strangest looking parking lot I've ever seen -- looked like an ocean to me. Took about 3 seconds to call to confirm we'd stay before they changed their minds.

We got room 3324 -- we had a view of the beach end of the Kona pool to the left, the dolphin pool to the right and the pacific (through intermittent palm trees) straight ahead.

I'd call that an upgrade.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:50 am

Stayed here as a Diamond on ALON in August 2001. I had called in advance because we were arriving late and I wanted to make sure they didn't give our upgraded room away before we got there - over the phone they assured me of an upgrade, but the room assigned at check in was crappy. I had to scream and yell at the Manager for at least 10 minutes and they moved us to the Ocean Tower the next day, which is much nicer than other parts of the property.

My advice - check in early. There are only so many good rooms to go around.

Have fun - the Italian and Japanese restaurants are pretty good!
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Why not just call HH and say you were not credited properly. That seems to have worked for others. Look here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/010104.html
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:45 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I was there in mid Jan 2004 and received an average semi-ocean view (if I craned my neck) in the Ocean Tower. I was a Diamond on an ALON. I believe upgrades pretty much run 1) on capacity and 2) on how much you whine. Trust me, I did a lot of the second but got nowhere, so I leave #1 up there first
Old Mar 10, 2004, 2:50 pm

MarshB:

I think the view we got last month was almost exactly the same as the one you got---we were in #5323. We, too, were told that our room was recently renovated, not by the front desk person but by the guy who brought the suitcases up. He told me the room was nicer because it had a little fridge and also the furnishing was new.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I was there in Sept '02 - HH Gold on an ALON. We got approx. room 5070 (give or take a couple). A wonderful, bright, airy room to have for 6 nights. We had breakfast and happy hour in the 4th Floor lounge every day. They assigned that room to us without me having to grovel: I got the sense that the hotel was half-full, tops.

My HHV upgrade in May '03 as a Gold was significantly less. You could tell that they had tightened up on the upgrades there (I still got partial Ocean View there, but not nearly as nice a room) just as I've heard they've done at HWV.

Still, I put those 100k ALONs in amongst the Best Awards Ever, given how easy it was to get well over a quarter of a million points with ~20 stays - mostly one-nighters in Hampton Inns.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 3:34 pm

Just stayed as Gold in first week of February. We were in 4735 Ocean Tower. We were on the backside, but had a view of the golf course and the ocean behind it. Very nice.

We had a group of four rooms, two were next to one another, another down the hall with no ocean and another the opposite way down the hall with ocean.

Luck of the draw I guess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.