Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: Double Platinum all programs (Shh it's a secret level)
Originally Posted by RenHoek
I give up. I'm really shocked that Hilton would choose to treat its customer's this way. But reading this thread back a few YEARS, I am enlightened. Your claim will be denied vs. Expedia since Expedia charges your card first, even though Expedia will refund your card if you cancel.
Oh well. It's Business 101: Alienate a customer, and lose them for life. Hope it was worth the $50 bucks, Hilton jerks. Not a penny will be spent with Hilton.
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
You are plain wrong - and the Hilton devils know that!

Your second statement: Your are 100 % right!
You don't know me very well I was always told to vote with my wallet. This company is on the list now. They will never see a penny from me. I'd rather sleep in my car or drive 100 miles to a Days Inn (well, maybe not Days Inn).

There are about 20,000 towns in the U.S. If just one person from each town avoids Hilton and doesn't pay $100 each year for a room there, the Hilton's revenue will be $2,000,000 less per year. That's a hit.

I'll be that one from this town.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:11 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I have stopped staying at Hilton Hotels in 2007 already when the infamous Mr. Frost denied a claim "because the competing website is not in English, but in German".

I switched my loyality to Marriott which has a fair Best Rate guarantee that can be claimed if applicable. I stayed about 90 nights the past year with them plus something like another 10-15 with ICHotels which also honor their Guarantee when it applies. But with Hilton it's exactly zero nights since September 2007...I just stop by this thread once in a while to get some giggles...;-)!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:45 am

Dear Mintman10

Thank you for taking the time to submit a claim form regarding Our Best Rates Guaranteed. We have reviewed your reservation and the information found on priceline.com.

The reservation booked on the Hilton website was for a King Evolution room type. The reservation on the priceline.com was for a 2 Queen Standard room type. Therefore, as stated in our terms and conditions, your reservation is not eligible for the Our Best Rates. Guaranteed.

We realize that every guest has a choice when traveling and we thank you for making Hilton family of hotels your choice. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your future travel needs.

Thanks,
Hilton Dude
my response:

Hello,

That is absolutely not true, I have saved screen shots, that say the
priceline room is a King room, not a 2 Queen Standard room type. The
fact that Hilton labeled their king room an "Evolution Room" is
irrelevant. I would really appreciate it if you could review this
claim again and reevaluate my guarantee. Please see attached screen
shots. The fact that I indicated that the room was also a King room
in my claim is proof of my knowledge of the terms and conditions. The
fact that you blatantly ignored this claim and suggested i saw a queen
room on priceline indicates that you have the intention of arbitrarily
and categorically denying this claim.

If you are unable to help me, please escalate this claim to a
supervisor with Hilton Guest assistance so that I can feel like my
claim was fairly evaluated. Thank You.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 6:13 pm

I was approved for my BRG claim for a stay this weekend. I also initially received an email denying the claim. The denial email stated the rate on priceline.com was for advanced purchase even though I wrote in the claim that I was comparing the "Pay After You Stay" rate.

I called the number listed in the terms and conditions: 1-800-445-8667, "Guest Assistance." I patiently explained the rate, the room type, etc. After a few minutes on hold while the agent spoke to a supervisor, I was approved for my claim. I spent about 15 mins on the phone.

I received a confirmation email with the new rate about 10 mins later. Of course, I haven't stayed yet so we'll see if they send the $50.
Old May 4, 2011, 4:22 pm

Hilton BRG = Joke or simply bad business practice

Originally Posted by EliteMiles
I was approved for my BRG claim for a stay this weekend. I also initially received an email denying the claim. The denial email stated the rate on priceline.com was for advanced purchase even though I wrote in the claim that I was comparing the "Pay After You Stay" rate.

I called the number listed in the terms and conditions: 1-800-445-8667, "Guest Assistance." I patiently explained the rate, the room type, etc. After a few minutes on hold while the agent spoke to a supervisor, I was approved for my claim. I spent about 15 mins on the phone.

I received a confirmation email with the new rate about 10 mins later. Of course, I haven't stayed yet so we'll see if they send the $50.

Based on your experience, I decided to give it a try based on exactly same hotel, same dates, same roomtype, fully refundable, etc.

First got an email stating that claim was rejected because i was comparing with non-refundable rate (guess standard template which they send out without bothering to check anything)

Then I was told similar to what was told to posters above yours. Gave it up.

PUzzled by Hilton's attitude.

WHY have a BRG in the first place? Guest Service SUpervisor proudly proclaimed that "we REJECT 85% of the claims!!"

They can send as many DIamon CHallange they want to keep sending me.

Back to Marriott. (or priceline/expedia)

For someone with 150 to 200 nights, Hilton's business model is really surprising.

Wonder how some state attorney generals may feel towards T&C - would they consider deceptive marketting practice?
Old May 9, 2011, 11:56 am

An update on my BRG two posts up:

A week after my stay I had not received the $50 so I called. I waited on hold for about 10 mins and was told the (one?) person who handles the payment on these claims was notified and to expect the gift cheque "soon."

I received $50 the next business day via fedex overnight.

I had to fill out the form online and make 2 phone calls (~30 mins combined) to get the claim fulfilled. Whether I try again will depend on the difference in room rates (along with how busy/bored I happen to be at the time).
Old May 12, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I filed a claim just for kicks, to remind myself why I switched to Marriott.

The comparison website offered 4 different rates: 2 prepaid and 2 best available. All four rates were/are lower than any of Hilton's rates.

Sure enough, denied by a Supervisor. His email refers to their non-refundable rates being available and lower than the other site. Huh? Firstly, I didn't book a prepaid. Secondly, all rates are lower than Hilton's. And lastly, none of Hilton's rates are prepaid - all have a 1-3 day cancel period.

Ridiculous.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:15 pm

Thumbs down How disgusted am I?????

So sorry I did not search for this thread prior to starting this process with Hilton. I should have known better.

!!!

2 days + 1 3/4 hours later, I have canceled ALL my Hilton reservations in my upcoming folder.

I am interested in staying at the Hilton in Dubrovnik in Oct. The rates there are exorbitant compared to other hotels in the area but for some reason, there was an appeal to stay there.

I found the same "number quantity" room rate on Expedia and Hotels.com but on those sites, the 251 was priced in $USD....Hilton had 251 quoted in Euros....big difference! I called the Gold member number and asked them to match the price. "Sure" and the reservation was made. Moments later, when I viewed the confirming email, I noticed it was priced in Euros. Were they hoping I would not notice??

I called back was informed that I must file a claim online. Done within 15 minutes. I printed the completed form which said the response would come within 24 hours.

2 days later, no response. I called CS who informed me my claim was not on file (miraculously found later) and that the supervisors were "in a meeting". Could I call back in 3 hours.....great CS, assuredly.

1 3/4 hours on the phone that evening with a supervisor. WHAT A JOKE!! These people are obviously given a script with every reason in the book to deny your claim....many of them based on false information.

1.too late to file a claim...............NOT........ (it was their ineptitude for not responding to my claim, which was now located, in a timely fashion)

2.supposed to book with the other first and then file claim ....NOT.....T & C states book with Hilton site and then inform if others are cheaper (besides, the other site was non cancel-able, I would have been stuck)

3. My res. was non-cancel-able or changeable....NOT.....I canceled

4. The other rate was non-cancel-able and there's was not.....(how could it be both?)..........

I could have booked the Hilton non-refundable rate but they would not guarantee that it would be approved and I would be stuck paying the higher rate

5. etc., etc.

It was obvious that this rep was told to take every opportunity to not honor their Best Rates Guarantee. What a FARSE! From the looks of this thread, I am saddened to see that this is SOP.

I hung up the phone and have canceled ALL my upcoming Hilton reservations. I am taking all my business to SPG and Marriott properties from this point forward!!

Any advise as to whom I may address a scathing letter of complaint???
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:33 pm

http://www.hiltonworldwide.com/media...alcontacts.htm
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by desi
Based on your experience, I decided to give it a try based on exactly same hotel, same dates, same roomtype, fully refundable, etc.

First got an email stating that claim was rejected because i was comparing with non-refundable rate (guess standard template which they send out without bothering to check anything)

Then I was told similar to what was told to posters above yours. Gave it up.

PUzzled by Hilton's attitude.

WHY have a BRG in the first place? Guest Service SUpervisor proudly proclaimed that "we REJECT 85% of the claims!!"

They can send as many DIamon CHallange they want to keep sending me.

Back to Marriott. (or priceline/expedia)

For someone with 150 to 200 nights, Hilton's business model is really surprising.

Wonder how some state attorney generals may feel towards T&C - would they consider deceptive marketting practice?
BRG was totally a JOKE!!! EXACT same room date hotel. They decline my claim base on different cancellation policy. While both site clearly stated non-refundable. The CS rep said, you can cancel with hilton for 24 hours on non-refundable fare?? Are you kidding?
So I said then pls cancel it, I will book with other website. The rep then said, sorry, since it was international non-refundable fare, I can't cancel your booking!!!!!!!!

So if it's non-refundable, they should match; if they can cancel, just cancel it. I can do NEITHER!!! What a JERK! NO MORE HILTON!

Where to complaint??? Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
BRG was totally a JOKE!!! EXACT same room date hotel. They decline my claim base on different cancellation policy. While both site clearly stated non-refundable. The CS rep said, you can cancel with hilton for 24 hours on non-refundable fare?? Are you kidding?
So I said then pls cancel it, I will book with other website. The rep then said, sorry, since it was international non-refundable fare, I can't cancel your booking!!!!!!!!

So if it's non-refundable, they should match; if they can cancel, just cancel it. I can do NEITHER!!! What a JERK! NO MORE HILTON!

Where to complaint??? Thanks
BBB, but it's not going to help much.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess we'll all have to accept that the Hilton BRG department is in fact a consumer fraud department.

Aften a huge pain I got a claim approved, but they never sent the $50. Someone needs to stop this nonsense. I am surprised Hilton corporate is allowing such illegal behaviors to persist. Oh well, I am not going to take them to court, but I can take my business elsewhere.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djohannw
I have stopped staying at Hilton Hotels in 2007 already when the infamous Mr. Frost denied a claim "because the competing website is not in English, but in German".

I switched my loyality to Marriott which has a fair Best Rate guarantee that can be claimed if applicable. I stayed about 90 nights the past year with them plus something like another 10-15 with ICHotels which also honor their Guarantee when it applies. But with Hilton it's exactly zero nights since September 2007...I just stop by this thread once in a while to get some giggles...;-)!

Greetings - Dirk
This is exactly where I went ... Marriott!

Once in a while I need to stay at a Hilton, but I am keeping it to a minimum.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I book on Hilton.com and submit my claim using the hotel's website...does it count for BRG?

Hotel website is not connected to Hilton.com group..
Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumitani
If I book on Hilton.com and submit my claim using the hotel's website...does it count for BRG?

Hotel website is not connected to Hilton.com group..
You will need to submit the claim on hilton.com. Which hotel are you talking about?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.