Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Does hilton have any best rate online guarantee

I've searched both here on flyertalk and on HH website to see if Hilton offers anything similiar to Marriott's Look No Further Best Rates Guarantee program See if you want more info... https://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/travel.mi
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotio...FeaturedBanner

It is one of those with tons of conditions, and you have to book the room at hilton first and they match it later if they honor it.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Originally Posted by cordelli
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotio...FeaturedBanner

It is one of those with tons of conditions, and you have to book the room at hilton first and they match it later if they honor it.
Thanks

but I wonder why a search on Hilton's site did not locate it. Strange
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, I just searched here on FlyerTalk and came up with several threads, including the "Hilton best rate guarantee definite thread".

Advanced Search (Search this forum)
search by thread titles only, as threads (not posts)
keyword(s) "best rate" in quotation marks
Voila!

(Overly common or short words or phrases require using quotation marks to make the search term searchable.)

Using Google, I searched for Hilton HHonors "best rate guarantee" (again the phrase in quotation marks makes that a fixed search term) and came up with several page links as well. Link. Be sure to click on "Click here for full terms: link at page bottom.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by vandesa
Thanks

but I wonder why a search on Hilton's site did not locate it. Strange
You probably searched for too many terms. The hilton site is very easy to confuse, and you need to search for like one word at a time. I searched for guarantee and it was the first result. If you tried best rate or anything like that it probably laughed at you.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:05 am

Whats is the email address to submit BRG ?
TIA
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Originally Posted by vishesh123
Whats is the email address to submit BRG ?
TIA
There is no way to submit a BRG via email AFAIK. There are 2 options available.

1. Submit it online via their form at

http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...laimform.jhtml

2. Call 1-800-HILTONS (or the Diamond Desk) and ask for Guest Assistance.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:10 pm

Thanks for the response.How do i submit the screenshots for the hotel with lowe price.

I submitted the claim and still havent received any approval/denied from them yet.However the room is not unavailable .

Any thoughts what should i do ?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by vishesh123
Thanks for the response.How do i submit the screenshots for the hotel with lowe price.

I submitted the claim and still havent received any approval/denied from them yet.However the room is not unavailable .

Any thoughts what should i do ?
If the room isn't available, you don't meet the T&C. It has to be a bookable room with identical terms as Hilton's room. If you can't book it, how can you make a claim?! It's basically a non-existent room. Your BRG claim won't work.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
<sarcasm> It doesn't really matter. They don't have Internet access, so they'll deny your claim since they're not able to reproduce the rate. </sarcasm>

What I found most effective for screen prints was to upload them to a free hosting service like ImageShack.us and send them links to the screen prints. For some reason, they "couldn't see" any screen prints I emailed to them (after I got the initial denial email).
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:48 pm

Any advice--I submitted a request and it was denied because the Hilton rep said the rate I referred to, which was hotels.com, is a non-refundable rate. However, this is not true--the rate is fully refundable. I even booked hotels.com with the idea of cancelling it after Hilton matched the rate. I sent my reservation confirmation after my claim was denied, which clearly shows the rate was refundable. I emailed the same rep twice and she has not written back. My reservation is early next week, so I need resolution as I know have to reservations for the same hotel: the hotels.com much lower rate, and the hilton.com rate. Any advice?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ss315
Any advice--I submitted a request and it was denied because the Hilton rep said the rate I referred to, which was hotels.com, is a non-refundable rate. However, this is not true--the rate is fully refundable. I even booked hotels.com with the idea of cancelling it after Hilton matched the rate. I sent my reservation confirmation after my claim was denied, which clearly shows the rate was refundable. I emailed the same rep twice and she has not written back. My reservation is early next week, so I need resolution as I know have to reservations for the same hotel: the hotels.com much lower rate, and the hilton.com rate. Any advice?
1. Call and ask to speak to a supervisor.

2. Have something available to take to lower your blood pressure.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Originally Posted by Notenut
1. Call and ask to speak to a supervisor.

2. Have something available to take to lower your blood pressure.
Notenut is correct. Out of the 6 I have had approved so far this year, 3 of them where initially denied. Getting a response from the person who denied it is almost impossible. I called guest assistance and told them the situation and asked if I could have a supervisor review my screen shots since I was not getting a response. They never actually let me speak to the supervisor, but each time they placed me on hold, went and talked to the supervisor and all three where approved and I had an email almost immediately. I will say it depends on the agent you get when you call, I've had some that have told me they couldn't do anything and wouldn't talk to anyone. I simply thanked them, hung up and called right back and got someone else who was helpful. Like I've said early in this thread, this is definitely not an easy process, and I've found the only way I can get approved is if both rates are non refundable. Its hard for them to argue any technicalities if both rates are fully prepaid. It seems there is always some detail with refundable rates. I've become pretty familiar with navigating this system with half my stays this year being a BRG and I'm about to submit a couple of more so I'll let you know how it goes. I hope this helps.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by OkieFlyer
Notenut is correct. Out of the 6 I have had approved so far this year, 3 of them where initially denied. Getting a response from the person who denied it is almost impossible. I called guest assistance and told them the situation and asked if I could have a supervisor review my screen shots since I was not getting a response. They never actually let me speak to the supervisor, but each time they placed me on hold, went and talked to the supervisor and all three where approved and I had an email almost immediately. I will say it depends on the agent you get when you call, I've had some that have told me they couldn't do anything and wouldn't talk to anyone. I simply thanked them, hung up and called right back and got someone else who was helpful. Like I've said early in this thread, this is definitely not an easy process, and I've found the only way I can get approved is if both rates are non refundable. Its hard for them to argue any technicalities if both rates are fully prepaid. It seems there is always some detail with refundable rates. I've become pretty familiar with navigating this system with half my stays this year being a BRG and I'm about to submit a couple of more so I'll let you know how it goes. I hope this helps.
WOW--how difficult this is. Not even worth it. Here is a recap of my conversation with GA:

1. I explained situation; how best rate rep was wrong in denying the claim.
2. GA looked up file and said that my rate on hotels.com was not refundable. I told her that was incorrect and asked her to look at my screenshots. "We don't use screenshots."
3. I replied that b/c my emails went unanswered for so long, the rate was not available and this wasn't my fault the company was not responsive.
4. While having this conversation, I looked up and saw that there was another rate error: I booked a queen for 89 vs. 139, and now that was a king for 89 vs. 139. I pointed this out and said this is what I got last week.
5. She said--that's another claim you'd have to file. I let her know I wasn't interested in doing that. But I asked her to look at the rate.
6. She said--the cancellation rate on your reservation at hilton is 1 day before arrival whereas hotels.com is 6:00 pm cancellation.
7. I said is there really any difference in the two--after some back and forth, she finally said that 6:00 pm is the day of arrival, vs day before arrival. I kindly let her know it was 6:00 pm day before.
8. Oh, your right. My mistake--I stand corrected. Let me put you on hold.
9. 10 minutes later--your hotels.com reservation is pre-paid, even though it is refundable. Claim denied. 40 minutes wasted.

Seems like the associate in the law firm got the senior partner involved to get the case dismissed on a technicallity. Seems really sneaky.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:16 pm

one other question--I cancelled by Hilton.com reservation for obvious reasons--too big of a price difference. Will I get any HHonors benefits from the hotels.com stay, such as points and a free breakfast (HHonors Gold)? I have always booked via hilton.com, so I am not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.