Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:19 pm

I called to price match today for the Hilton Amsterdam because the OTAs are showing a lower room rate than direct, but what I failed to notice is that when I get to the final reservation page and it shows the total with taxes and fees, the taxes are significantly higher on all of the OTAs than direct. Does anyone have an explanation for this? They are both showing the 7% room tax, but the OTAs are also showing a 6.6% local/city tax which they say will be collected at check-in or check-out whichHilton is not, which is making the total for the Hilton booking cheaper overall. Is Hilton inadvertently missing a tax that I will actually be charged after the stay and which is unfairly making it look less expensive than the OTAs?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by indecentthree11
I called to price match today for the Hilton Amsterdam because the OTAs are showing a lower room rate than direct, but what I failed to notice is that when I get to the final reservation page and it shows the total with taxes and fees, the taxes are significantly higher on all of the OTAs than direct. Does anyone have an explanation for this? They are both showing the 7% room tax, but the OTAs are also showing a 6.6% local/city tax which they say will be collected at check-in or check-out whichHilton is not, which is making the total for the Hilton booking cheaper overall. Is Hilton inadvertently missing a tax that I will actually be charged after the stay and which is unfairly making it look less expensive than the OTAs?
Sounds like Hilton just isn't listing the tax to be collected by the hotel You could go ahead and submit the PMG form, and describe that in the explanation box. (Those rates must be really close to each other if this 6% is making the difference). I would anticipate an initial rejection, with a followup to explain it to them all over again.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
xxxxx

Last edited by hotturnip; Dec 28, 2018 at 9:20 pm Reason: Dupe
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Nevermind ! ...

Last edited by MasterGeek; Dec 31, 2018 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
A note to say “thank you” to Hilton. I was able to find cheaper prices for two Conrad properties on Agoda and for the first one they matched it online within 24 hours. The second I didn’t hear back on so resubmitted and heard back within 48. Really appreciative of this and encourages me to stay loyal to Hilton.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:44 pm

A quick thank you to all that have provided details on their experiences, it has really been helpful as I look to understand the BRG process better.

Unfortunately, I had an awful experience with Hilton two days ago with a total of 6 phone calls made over almost a three hour period to their BRG team. Mysteriously, I kept being placed on hold when the agent went to "verify" or "investigate" the competitor rate further and each time, the line cut out. After about the third phone call, I noted to the agents that my calls were being cut out and should this happen, I would appreciate if the agent called me back on my nominated number. This never happened.

Agent number 5 i spoke to told me to book the cheaper rate I saw on booking.com (as she apparently couldn't see this on her end), as this way, the reservation would flow through to the Hilton system and they will then be able to verify the cheaper rate. However, when I spoke to agent number 6, they claimed that they could see my reservation made through booking.com but were viewing a completely different (and inflated!!) price. I have my email confirmation from Booking.com clearly stating the cheaper rate that I secured so now it just seems to be my word against theirs?

To be honest, I know that the team is trained to reject claims, but this is beyond ridiculous. Over email, they continue to reject the claim and somehow make out that my booking.com reservation is a price that is NOT consistent with my booking.com reservation. I tweeted Hilton, no response and have just received a response via Messenger from Hilton so hopefully this will assist.

(hotel in question is the Renwick, Curio Collection NYC).
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.