Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:25 am

Found 3 lower prices

First time booking and staying in Hilton. Hope the experience goes well. I have got 3 websites on which the rates are lower , including expedia and travelocity. Have submitted a claim with as much details as possible. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by ztcheong
I booked it a weeks back. Hope it can be adjusted.
My experience tells me you should never book a non-refundable rate where there is a lot of leisure traffic. Those flash sales and strategic pricing will get you every time
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by d00t
My experience tells me you should never book a non-refundable rate where there is a lot of leisure traffic. Those flash sales and strategic pricing will get you every time
Agreed, got bitten for my Thailand trip (used Corporate Rate which is non-refundable) and then the 50% sale happened.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Hello All,

I search the forum, but could not see any issues (or mentions) of Amoma.com. Applied for a BRG and got declined with the following in the response:

" I have reviewed your reservation and the information about the lower rate. The lower rate was found on Amoma a non-compliant site. "

(bolded mine)

What exactly does this mean? It is a public facing website that offers the majority of hotels, like any other OTA. It is not hidden behind a log-in and all the prices are available to all

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:09 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Hello All,

I search the forum, but could not see any issues (or mentions) of Amoma.com. Applied for a BRG and got declined with the following in the response:

" I have reviewed your reservation and the information about the lower rate. The lower rate was found on Amoma a non-compliant site. "

(bolded mine)

What exactly does this mean? It is a public facing website that offers the majority of hotels, like any other OTA. It is not hidden behind a log-in and all the prices are available to all

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Hi pmarrsouth,

Opaque sites typically require you to make an advanced non-refundable purchase before being shown the property, therefore these rates aren't honored by our Best Rate Guarantee.

For your claim to be valid, you must book the lowest rate on a Hilton Worldwide website!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi pmarrsouth,

Opaque sites typically require you to make an advanced non-refundable purchase before being shown the property, therefore these rates aren't honored by our Best Rate Guarantee.

For your claim to be valid, you must book the lowest rate on a Hilton Worldwide website!

Thanks,
Erin
Hello Erin,

Thanks for the quick reply. Amoma is not offering an opaque rate for this issue (I am not even sure if they do opaque rates). Here is what is seen:

Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:44 pm

Hello Erin,

Thanks for the quick reply. Amoma is not offering an opaque rate for this issue (I am not even sure if they do opaque rates). Here is what is seen:

Hi there,

Apologies for any confusion from my response! For the Best Rate Guarantee to be honored, you would have had to make a reservation through a Hilton or HHonors website.

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:53 pm

Hi there,

Apologies for any confusion from my response! For the Best Rate Guarantee to be honored, you would have had to make a reservation through a Hilton or HHonors website.

Thanks,
Erin
Hello Erin,

I am aware of that. I will ask my original query again:

Applied for a BRG and got declined with the following in the response:

(bolded mine)

Why is Amoma considered a non-compliant website?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:05 pm

Hello Erin,

I am aware of that. I will ask my original query again:

Applied for a BRG and got declined with the following in the response:

(bolded mine)

Why is Amoma considered a non-compliant website?
Let me investigate!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Problems with HHonors BRG vs. competition

Let me investigate!

Thanks,
Erin
Erin: I would be very much interested in the results of such an investigation.

Right now I looking into a booking 1 night at an airport hotel for leisure trip. There is a Hilton and a Sheraton for about the same price and AMOMA is quoting the rate that is about 40% lower for either of the hotels. The rate is non-refundable and, therefore, in order to qualify for HHonors best rate guarantee I should book much higher HHonors non-refundable rate and hope that my claim against AMOMA will be honored. I do not care about qualifying nights - I am re-qualified Diamond who did not get an invitation for rollover nights.
Alternatively, I can file Starwood BRG claim even without making a reservation or making a fully refundable reservation - both are O.K. under the Starwood terms and conditions.
The point I would like to make that if HHonors is truly interested in directing customers to hhonors website, you should allow for claims against competitor rates without asking your customers to make non-refundable reservations. Alternatively, why not allow for cancelling non-refundable reservations within 24 hrs as it done by Marriott?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: Double Platinum all programs (Shh it's a secret level)
Hey, we finally got a Hilton Lurker here helping with individual cases. Good.

Accept the help and stop making so much noise. You want Erin to change the program terms now? Jeeze.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by RenHoek
Hey, we finally got a Hilton Lurker here helping with individual cases. Good.

Accept the help and stop making so much noise. You want Erin to change the program terms now? Jeeze.
I concur ! Its great at least someone from Hilton is looking into this. I've had hit and misses with Hilton BRG, but still happy its there for us who have the time to submit a claim

I do have a question, from T&C " Our Guarantee does not apply [sic] Hotel packages or travel packages which may include hotel, airfare, car rental, food and beverage offers or other similar packages or amenities."

With AirAsia having teamed up with Expedia, booking a flight with them (via AirAsia.com) leaves a cookie in your browser which provides at least 25% discount on Expedia hotel bookings (via Expedia.com). Hotel & Flight bookings are done independently from each other via their respective sites.

The hotel stay date doesn't have to correspond with flight dates, (but discount only valid for 8 days after flight booking) so I could place a hotel booking for 3 months after my flight arrived.

Question now is this rate is not exactly "publicly" accessible. You'd need an AirAsia booking and because its a cookie (not code, link etc) one has to use the same browser to be shown the discount. However it's open to anyone who has an AirAsia booking to any destination, ie: I could fly to Singapore with AK but use the discount for Thailand properties.

Did a BRG claim for this at first but was denied as BRG could not see discount rate. As the Hilton rate was 3x what the Expedia rate was, I went ahead and booked on Expedia, got BRG to verify with hotel I had a new reservation at the discount rate, which BRG then honored. Thanks to Expedia's cancellation policy I managed a full refund from them. Successful claim but very roundabout method and not quite sure its worth the hassle.

Any thoughts if there's a better way than making 2 bookings for BRG to work ?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by d00t
Does it mean that you guys would rather pay more and get a refundable rate?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by ztcheong
Does it mean that you guys would rather pay more and get a refundable rate?
It actually means we spend more time looking for deals :P :P so if a cheaper rate is found, Hilton will match it + USD50 ... if not, at least you still have a place to stay.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:08 pm

and it has to be done within 24 hours?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.