Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Closed Thread

Old Feb 22, 14, 7:40 am

Hello,

are there any experiences as to travelrepublic.ie . Does the Hilton BRG Team honor the rates on the site? They apply a discount before the final amount is shown which makes rooms cheaper than an Hilton themselves!
Old Feb 26, 14, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
I have come to the conclusion that Hilton BRG is a complete waste of time. I have found rates on several websites below Hilton.com rates for an upcoming stay, some almost 30% lower. they were all refused.

American Express travel- rate on Hilton website USD 1587. Amex rate 1423. Refused because it is not a publicly available rate (needs an Amex card to book the room).

Travelrepublic.co.uk- same property same room type even cheaper (USD 1450). Claim refused because travelrepublic gives you a voucher for the stay which is not a valid claim.

Hotelopia- about USD 1380. Claim refused because they have a cancellation policy different from Hilton.com (Hilton has cancel three days before arrival, Hotelopia four days before arrival).

There are at least three more websites which show rates below USD 1400, but I can't be bothered. I will go and stay in another property- the main reason I chose Hilton was that I am a HH Diamond.

I never had these kinds of problem with SPG- I called Hilton customer service to complain, they say they are basically helpless as it is the BRG team who is doing the claim validation
Old Feb 26, 14, 2:54 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by LonLH View Post
I have come to the conclusion that Hilton BRG is a complete waste of time. I have found rates on several websites below Hilton.com rates for an upcoming stay, some almost 30% lower. they were all refused.

American Express travel- rate on Hilton website USD 1587. Amex rate 1423. Refused because it is not a publicly available rate (needs an Amex card to book the room).

Travelrepublic.co.uk- same property same room type even cheaper (USD 1450). Claim refused because travelrepublic gives you a voucher for the stay which is not a valid claim.

Hotelopia- about USD 1380. Claim refused because they have a cancellation policy different from Hilton.com (Hilton has cancel three days before arrival, Hotelopia four days before arrival).

There are at least three more websites which show rates below USD 1400, but I can't be bothered. I will go and stay in another property- the main reason I chose Hilton was that I am a HH Diamond.

I never had these kinds of problem with SPG- I called Hilton customer service to complain, they say they are basically helpless as it is the BRG team who is doing the claim validation
We should not give up yet! I 'petitioned' this today - maybe we can get some awareness

http://www.mightytravels.com/1323275...ng_promise.php
Old Mar 2, 14, 5:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Does this qualify for a Hilton Best Rate Guarantee Claim?

There is this hilton hotel offering a room at 298 dollars nett with a welcome gift, early check in at 11am as well as free breakfast for 2 as part of a collaboration with a credit card company.

I did contact this hotel a few months ago and they confirmed that this counts as a qualifying stay with points. The issue is the rate offered to this credit card company is lower than ALL the rates for all dates for this hotel for the entire year offered on the hilton website. Furthermore, this deal offers a confirmed early check as well as free breakfast for 2. I was told that the deal cannot be booked on the website and you have to contact the hotel directly.

In your opinion, does it qualify for a best rate guarantee??

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Mar 2, 14 at 5:25 am
Old Mar 3, 14, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
You can always try but my guess is no
http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...es/terms.jhtml

as this is a special package. Also do you have to have the credit card to get the rate? If so the offer is not available to the general public and is thus not eligible for the best rate guarantee.

"Our Guarantee does not apply to the following:
Reservations booked through a non-Hilton Worldwide booking channel or a non-designated GDS, third party website or any other channel.
Rates available on "opaque" websites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the booking is made (e.g., Priceline.com, Hotwire.com).
Hotel packages or travel packages which may include hotel, airfare, car rental, food and beverage offers or other similar packages or amenities.
Discount or negotiated rates not available to the general public, including but not limited to the following rates: membership (e.g., AAA, AARP or Saga), corporate, government, promotional, unpublished, Senior HHonors®, employee, offline wholesale/FIT, pre-paid rates which may include a voucher (including electronic vouchers), group or other specially negotiated rates.
Reservations made within 24 hours of arrival.
Taxes, gratuities, service charges, early departure fees, or other fees and incidental charges.
Rate disparities due to fluctuations, rounding, or differences in the currency exchange rates."

Also I believe this should go over with http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html but I will let the Mods decide.

Last edited by zgscl; Mar 3, 14 at 10:07 am
Old Apr 11, 14, 10:24 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Anyone have any success or updates respecting the recent spate of BRG rejections citing the "voucher" excuse?

I just received a rejection erroneously claiming the OTA is a not immediately billable & uses a voucher.

Just like earlier posts mentioned, I have used that identical OTA before and had those BRG claims approved by HH.

Originally Posted by CorSter View Post
Originally Posted by OilersFL;222
I had the same thing happen as CorSter -- hotel.com's rate was validated/matched by when I access my reservation online, it's showing my original rate.

I'm on the phone w/ HHonors right now so hopefully they can correct this (rate) and ensure that the BRG's good so that the $50 AMEX gift card ships.

Has anyone else had this happen and if so, how does this usually play out?

-OilersFL?
I haven't had a chance to follow up with Hilton yet, so let me know how yours plays out. My stay isn't until May, so plenty of time...
Old Apr 15, 14, 12:01 pm

Another data point for an absolutely ridiculous experience with the Hilton BRG team. I emailed back and forth with them for two weeks nonstop re: a lower rate for a King Executive Floor room at Hilton Americas in Houston found on Priceline's non-opaque site ($103 vs. the $154 on Hilton's own site). Same exact room, same exact 2-day cancellation policy. Their first response was to select another, nonrefundable, King Exec room from Priceline's site and rejected it for that reason. I sent screencaps. Then they denied the screencaps because I didn't have a "date and time stamp" in them. I sent more screencaps. Then they just stopped responding. I email multiple times, enlisted Hilton on twitter, and when they finally responded it was a different rep responding to an email two interactions ago. So then I had to do the whole song and dance again with that rep.

The best part was this morning when I heard back from the first rep: "this particular claim has been declined because we could not verify the lower rate and we now consider this file closed."

So they basically ignored what I clearly outlined for two weeks, rejected all my documentation, and then just closed the file.

Amazing.

Same exact room, same exact cancellation policy.

Hilton, I tried really really hard to give you my money but it looks like I'll be keeping my reservation at the Four Seasons made through Fine Hotels and Resorts.
Old Apr 15, 14, 3:48 pm

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
That sort of bonkers approach sadly seems par for the course, karolinatx - perhaps it would be worth sending a PM to our new Hilton company representative here on FT? Even better perhaps they could post an update here about what we're meant to do in these sort of situations where the BRG team are denying what is a clearly valid claim?
Old Apr 17, 14, 12:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA 1k.
My own experience from the last few days:

Submitted a claim for Hilton Stockholm, against Agoda. Shot down because Agoda's cancellation was day before the stay, Hilton's was the day of the stay. OK, perhaps not unexpected.

Then submitted against hotels.info. This was exactly the same conditions etc. Claim denied because I had already submitted another previous claim (Agoda).

Lame. Could have cancelled, rebooked, submitted another claim but this is just a waste of time.
Old Apr 17, 14, 5:58 am

If you get a BRG approved what type of reservation is it, is it a refundable reservation or non-refundable?

I'm use to SPG BRG where you reservation will be refundable if the BRG was approved. Even if you book the a non-refundable rate and the BRG is approved with SPG it will turn into a refundable rate. Is this the case with Hilton?
Old Apr 24, 14, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT Plat >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
No success here. Found rates on c trip for both Conrad Hong Kong a day Shanghai Waldorf. Hilton BRG desk says the prepay rates on ctrip are to pay the third party and therefore opaque channels. Also won't receive diamond benefits if you use the third party even though it is clearly labeled on the website. You don't get an immediate confirmation, it happens after the hotel is contacted a d approved. I almost wish we didn't know about the , over rates so we could decide what to do. Pay the hi lo ton rate with benefits and accrual of nights etc or pay the discounted rate.
Old May 2, 14, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Gold; Marriott Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by karolinatx View Post
Another data point for an absolutely ridiculous experience with the Hilton BRG team. I emailed back and forth with them for two weeks nonstop re: a lower rate for a King Executive Floor room at Hilton Americas in Houston found on Priceline's non-opaque site ($103 vs. the $154 on Hilton's own site). Same exact room, same exact 2-day cancellation policy. Their first response was to select another, nonrefundable, King Exec room from Priceline's site and rejected it for that reason. I sent screencaps. Then they denied the screencaps because I didn't have a "date and time stamp" in them. I sent more screencaps. Then they just stopped responding. I email multiple times, enlisted Hilton on twitter, and when they finally responded it was a different rep responding to an email two interactions ago. So then I had to do the whole song and dance again with that rep.

The best part was this morning when I heard back from the first rep: "this particular claim has been declined because we could not verify the lower rate and we now consider this file closed."

So they basically ignored what I clearly outlined for two weeks, rejected all my documentation, and then just closed the file.

Amazing.

Same exact room, same exact cancellation policy.

Hilton, I tried really really hard to give you my money but it looks like I'll be keeping my reservation at the Four Seasons made through Fine Hotels and Resorts.
Similar experience here. Booked a 1Bed King suite at Homewood Suites on Airporthotelsguide.com, fully refundable rate of $129. Hilton/homewood website showed exact same room at $169.

Just got a rejection from Hilton BRG team - they selected a prepaid, non-refundable room to use as a comparison.

I'm not even going to bother fighting it. I'm already $40 better off by keeping my reservation with the non-Hilton site. It seems like it's just too much hassle to get Hilton BRG team to grant the BRG.
Old May 6, 14, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Gold; Marriott Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Brituchenite View Post
Similar experience here. Booked a 1Bed King suite at Homewood Suites on Airporthotelsguide.com, fully refundable rate of $129. Hilton/homewood website showed exact same room at $169.

Just got a rejection from Hilton BRG team - they selected a prepaid, non-refundable room to use as a comparison.

I'm not even going to bother fighting it. I'm already $40 better off by keeping my reservation with the non-Hilton site. It seems like it's just too much hassle to get Hilton BRG team to grant the BRG.
Decided to push back and send them a copy of the confirmation email I had showing the lower rate and better cancellation rules.

Got a response - they lowered my rate and will send me a $50 AMEX gift card 7-10 days after stay is completed.

SUCCESS!
Old Jun 9, 14, 10:42 am

Programs: FB Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Blue
I booked had a successful BRG at Hilton Terminal 4 London Heathrow in May 2015. Hilton was showing £100.50 while Expedia.co.uk was £83.75. Within 24 hours my booking has been updated to include £30 off Expedia's price which was luckily as the rate was non-refundable. Just checked Hilton website and it's still showing the rooms at £100.
Old Jun 11, 14, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I see why this thread isn't very active - Hilton just deny practically every BRG, unless you are lucky enough to find a lower rate on hotels.com / expedia (which it seems they've yet to invent an excuse for...)

Yet another BS response from Hilton...

I regret to inform you that we are unable to approve your claim. Easyclicktravel does not confirm the rate and booking immediately; thus, making the website opaque.

The original rate on my booking was fine, so I was just trying out the BRG, but it's hard to avoid a bad taste in the mouth when they invent excuses to avoid approving claims.

Search this Thread