Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I submitted a claim today. Hilton Mexico city Reforma being offered at $199 vs $135 at kayak and getaroom. Was denied due to the cancelations not being the same (two days before arrival vs one day before arrival).

Is there any other way to get the $135 and get hilton points?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Had a hoot of a response today...

hilton.com Ł53.00 exactly
expedia.co.uk Ł52.00 exactly

BRG Denied - The percentage of the lower rate is due to the hotel's rounding.

It's a whole pound, and both sites quote in GBP... how could it be due to rounding???

Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:49 pm

Anyone have experience with 50 cent differences? I'm looking at some rates in Chicago, and 2 reservations I'll need are exactly 50 cents lower through Kayaks booking portal (through priceline). These are non-refundable reservations so I'd be risking it (since there are cheaper hotels outside hilton that i'd consider)
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:00 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by 1KHI
I submitted a claim today. Hilton Mexico city Reforma being offered at $199 vs $135 at kayak and getaroom. Was denied due to the cancelations not being the same (two days before arrival vs one day before arrival).

No other way. Hilton BRG shenanigans are famous. They made me avoiding Hilton hotels.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott

They even deny this one
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:38 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
What happens if the third party website has more flexible cancellation terms than Hilton?

For example Hilton AP rate room only = $252
3rd party site $243 incl. breakfast and cancellable up to 3 days before check in.

The hilton AP B&B rate is $273

In this case would I book the Hilton AP B&B rate and then use the 3rd party rate for the BRG?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:09 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
What happens if the third party website has more flexible cancellation terms than Hilton?

For example Hilton AP rate room only = $252
3rd party site $243 incl. breakfast and cancellable up to 3 days before check in.

The hilton AP B&B rate is $273

In this case would I book the Hilton AP B&B rate and then use the 3rd party rate for the BRG?
Ok I just called Hilton and asked them about BRGs. They say the deal has to be EXACTLY the same so if Hilton has an AP rate that is more expensive than the cancellable rate on a 3rd party website, they won't match it.

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Nov 16, 2013 at 10:30 pm
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Does anyone have any experience as to how long it should take for the $50 Amex gift card to be sent out after the stay is completed? Had my BRG stay in Las Vegas a few weeks ago but nothing yet and didn't know how long to leave it before chasing.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:35 am

Luck in Hilton, but suck at IHG

About two weeks ago, I succeed in BRG of a property in Europe which led to about 50% discount of the price. If counting $50, it will be more than 66% discount. I was so happy until I made a mistake in IHG website of booking a non-refunable hotel, which cost even more than I got from BRG of Hilton. Sad......
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I recently submitted a claim (the lower rate also being offered by getaroom, found via kayak) where the cancellation policies differed (two day before arrival on hilton.com vice one day before arrival on getaroom). BRG honored the lower rate. YMMV, but in the future, it might be worthwhile to try to appeal the decision of the BRG is denied.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
no response for +72 Hours

I submitted a BRG form last Friday, the 6th of December, received a confirmation and said i will hear back with in 48 hours (which indicates they are open 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week). I called and followed up today and they said the system is back up because of the weather...?

It's for Elara in Vegas, which was going for $109 for a suite on Priceline, and I booked mine for $159. Now it's showing it's going for $189.

Anyone know if they they would still match the price that I found last week?

Thanks ya'll!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:21 am

I submitted a claim yesterday and haven't still received the response. Marriott LNF claims department only take a couple of hours to respond. This is sad.

Does anyone know how long do they take to respond?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cowboyguy
I submitted a claim yesterday and haven't still received the response. Marriott LNF claims department only take a couple of hours to respond. This is sad.

Does anyone know how long do they take to respond?
it said on my confirmation e-mail it might take up to 48 hours..

in my case - finally got a response after 4 days.
'Thank you for submitting an Our Best Rates Guarantee claim for your upcoming stay at our Elara Hilton Grand Vacations. I apologize for the delay in processing the claim. As a gesture of goodwill, to make amends for the delay in processing we are automatically approving your claim. I have requested that the property adjust the rate to $109.00 per night (before tax).'

sweet! guess it was worth the wait!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Had to chase up with Diamond Desk after no sign of my $50 Amex cheque on my DT Tropicana LV BRG claim. Took them a week to check out what was going on (stay was two months ago) but now sorted and apparently cheque in the post!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by loves_2_travel
it said on my confirmation e-mail it might take up to 48 hours..

in my case - finally got a response after 4 days.
'Thank you for submitting an Our Best Rates Guarantee claim for your upcoming stay at our Elara Hilton Grand Vacations. I apologize for the delay in processing the claim. As a gesture of goodwill, to make amends for the delay in processing we are automatically approving your claim. I have requested that the property adjust the rate to $109.00 per night (before tax).'

sweet! guess it was worth the wait!
Good for you. I just received their email and they've denied me, saying that the comparison website doesn't "guarantee" the booking. I've never had any such problem with this comparison website when filing Marriott LNF claims. I've replied them again with an appeal. Does anyone know how long do they normally when an email is sent to them in response to a claim denial?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.