Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
BRG and currency conversion

I am looking for a 1 night in DT in Delhi.
On Hilton.com they have a non-refundable for $116, but if one clicks all the way to booking they change rate to INR instead of USD, regardless what I tried.

At the same time on agoda.com same night is $113 - I suspect the difference is due to exchange rate, anyone thinks this has a chance for BRG?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Win some, lose some

Found a rate of $92.xx at the Hilton Minneapolis Bloomington on hotels.com versus $109 on hilton.com Booked on Hilton for Friday night for me and Sat night for the wife and submitted 2 claims. Got a response next day approving my claim and reducing the rate to match hotels.com + the $50 Amex GC. However, they matched the rate on my wife's reservation but denied the Amex GC saying that a GC has already been approved for the "same address" (even though the dates were different).

Oh well, I simply cancelled both the reservations and pricelined the same hotel for $55/night. Wont get the triple points but.... I'm not a Hilton person anyway.

Lesson learnt. Next time I'll use a friend's address to submit the claim.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by dsauch
On Hilton.com they have a non-refundable for $116, but if one clicks all the way to booking they change rate to INR instead of USD, regardless what I tried.

At the same time on agoda.com same night is $113 - I suspect the difference is due to exchange rate, anyone thinks this has a chance for BRG?
Do you change the rate at the start to USD? Or does it show USD?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Rusell
Do you change the rate at the start to USD? Or does it show USD?
it starts always in INR, I then change it to USD but if I go to checkout it switches back to INR and provides no options to switch to USD.
oh well, both sites caught up on exchange rate - no difference now except for few cents.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: lots of little things
2/2 now with Hilton BRGs.

Approved a few days ago for claim at the Hilton Gaithersburg/DC North. Hilton.com posted an $89/nt BAR, vs $59 on multiple other sites. I found the most closely matching room and rate description on Orbitz to file a claim with. Within maybe 8-12 hours, I got the confirmation.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by dsauch
On Hilton.com they have a non-refundable for $116?
found another site (cheaporate) where same hotel was $77 all in compared to $116/$170 rates on hilton
the only wrinkle was that booking site has $25 cancellation fee. So BRG was denied based on that.
No matter - I know I am going so $77 minus $15 coupon.. I now have it for $65
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:22 pm

hi,
I'm brand new to all this - I'm planning a trip to Bucharest soon - and fancied a stay in the Doubletree - I checked the rates on Hilton's website and the "cheapest" offer was for a Queen Bed at 80 Euros per night - however, on hotelscombined there was a "Double Room" on offer at Getaroom and another website for the equivilent of about 41euros per night. I cannot get any info from the other websites as to what a "double room" contains - is it a Queen Bed? And on the Hilton website, there is no "offer" of a double room. Is this likely to be a failed attempt at a BRG claim?
thanks
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
First BRG was a success! Booked Hilton Arcadia Phuket for 6300 Baht for two people - about 12 hours later I checked expedia.co.th and found the rate for solo occupancy (6090 Baht) was being displayed as bookable for two with an "additional guest charge" of 175 Baht per night. Room plans were identical (Early Saver). After taxes and everything the expedia rate of single occupancy plus additional guest over five days came to a few hundred Baht less than the hilton.com rate I had paid for two people. Put in a BRG and it was acknowledged that expedia.co.th was cheaper and $50 was knocked off my rate.

To aid the Hilton agent, I listed simple steps on how they could replicate the rate, including a direct link to the page for the hotel and dates. I also explicitly stated that the difference couldn't be down to currency conversion, as I had used the Thai version of Expedia.

I expected a fight... didn't think it would be so easy!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by kyushuman
SHOCKING NEWS:
Both of these BRG requests were approved! Amazing. The only oddity was that, though they were submitted within 30 minutes of each other, the second one was approved within about 18 hours, while the second one came after about 30 hours.
Name/Hilton.com price/mybowlingvacation.com price:
Hilton Riverside New Orleans/$139/$95
Hampton Inn New Orleans Downtown/$126/$88

So anyway that's good news. You never do know with the Hilton BRG. I will say that the cancel rules were exactly the same, so while with Hyatt/SPG/Marriott, I would have 100% confidence it'd be approved. With Hilton, though, that's another story.
Well I ended up using hte Hilton Riverside reservation, it was $95/night, and gave lounge access as well since I am HHonors Gold.
The most surprising thing was getting the $50 AMEX gift card on Thursday, less than 2 weeks after my stay. So it all went as planned! Imagine.....
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:29 pm
Used to be highman123

I can't get the BRG to work - they came up with a bogus reason saying the site that even Expedia.com accepts for its guarantee is opaque

I regret to inform you that we are unable to honor your request due the website not confirming the rate and booking immediately; thus, making the website opaque. We realize that every guest has a choice when traveling and we thank you for making Hilton portfolio of hotels your choice. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your future travel needs.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Found a rate of $92.xx at the Hilton Minneapolis Bloomington on hotels.com versus $109 on hilton.com Booked on Hilton for Friday night for me and Sat night for the wife and submitted 2 claims. Got a response next day approving my claim and reducing the rate to match hotels.com + the $50 Amex GC. However, they matched the rate on my wife's reservation but denied the Amex GC saying that a GC has already been approved for the "same address" (even though the dates were different).

Oh well, I simply cancelled both the reservations and pricelined the same hotel for $55/night. Wont get the triple points but.... I'm not a Hilton person anyway.

Lesson learnt. Next time I'll use a friend's address to submit the claim.
WTH? You cheat them the first time with the intent of not purchasing and then complain your wife doesn't get the same fraudulent compensation?

As a HHonors member I hope they give you the Priceline broom closet room.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
First Hilton BRG was successful! Booked a room at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue in December for $149, and submitted claim for $119 found on Expedia, hotels.com, booking.com. Was approved 4-5 hours later approving the claim + confirmation of Amex gift check after checkout. I checked my reservation and the price was adjusted accordingly.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:50 am

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG
First go and first success

Hampton at john lennon airport Liverpool, was listed for £93 on hilton.com (which seemed high so I price compared to see if there were any cheaper alternatives). Showed that hotels.com was around £10 cheaper, so I went for the BRG and within 24 hours it was agreed and booking amended for cheaper price and $50.

Made stay almost half the price in the end!

Actually very impressed with the service, big thumbs up for customer service that works, an odd feeling.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
2/2 for me now. The important info is: Advance Rate (non-refundable) booked at hilton.com (I know it is not advised to book non-refundables for the BRG, but I needed the night regardless of whether the BRG was successful or not), vs. Expedia UK non-refundable rate which was a whole quid cheaper. BRG acknowledged within 9 hours, rate matched and then lowered by approx. £31 - more than 50% of the original rate.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:06 pm

has anybody had experience of filing another claim when one fails. Eg one site is rejected or they cant see the rate and then you tell them another site to look at (all within the 24 hour period)

I got quoted this:

You may only submit one claim for each stay. A “stay” means the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel by the same guest or guests.

Now surely that means you can't claim for consecutive stays and not that you cant submit another site to be looked at...

your thoughts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.