Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 12:40 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
The reply I got when I called them was : "As it is a rate at a 3rd party website, Hilton cannot match it"

Hilarious! Best BRG response ever! They seem truly confused!
Old May 16, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I did a claim the other day for the Hilton Warsaw. Booked a non-refundable rate for PLN 302, and found a cheaper rate on a 3rd party website for PLN 272. Made an online claim, and got a reply the following morning saying that the claim was legit, but since I had submitted a claim for a previous booking (which is now canceled) on the same hotel, they would not go through. I found this quite strange since those bookings had no relation to each other, and neither did I submit two claims for one booking.

The following morning (today i.e) I made a call to Hilton, asking them why my claim was rejected. The friendly lady on the phone looked it through and saw nothing wrong with it. She proceeded to have her supervisor check it up. Roughly 20 minutes later, I get an email saying that the match had gone through, bringing my grand total for the stay down to PLN 98 (USD 30) for one night. I must say that I am very pleased with how Hilton handled the situation.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:24 pm

I booked Hilton Phoenix Airport for $89 - expedia and hotels.com had it for $71 so I filled out a BRG request form. Tonight I got an updated hotel confirmation from Hilton with the rate changed to the $71 rate. Does that mean they will definitely send me the amex gc?
Old May 17, 2013, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by katstarr
I booked Hilton Phoenix Airport for $89 - expedia and hotels.com had it for $71 so I filled out a BRG request form. Tonight I got an updated hotel confirmation from Hilton with the rate changed to the $71 rate. Does that mean they will definitely send me the amex gc?
nope. I had to fight for > 1 year to get it. In the end it was just to make a point.
Old May 17, 2013, 8:07 pm

I got a letter from Hilton honoring the BRG - they said they'll Fed Ex an Amex GC after my stay...
Old May 18, 2013, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Conrad BKK next weekend,
expedia
rate matched and adjusted! WOOT!!!!! finally!
Old May 19, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;
help with phuket??

hi can anyone assist? Hilton phuket - in July 1 for 5 nights...am Hilton Gold..deluxe plus room type twin..
Old May 20, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: More shiny with hotels than airlines.
Originally Posted by katstarr
I got a letter from Hilton honoring the BRG - they said they'll Fed Ex an Amex GC after my stay...
Be carefull though...have you booked an hotel in the US ?

The procedure for BRG differs between USA and rest of the world. In the US, they will match the rate and ship a $50 Amex giftcard. In the rest of the world, they should adjust the rate to (Best Rate - $50).

Some BRG Team members are confused and will adjust a rate outside US to the best rate found and promise a gift card...that you will NEVER receive.
Old May 21, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by pititom
Be carefull though...have you booked an hotel in the US ?

The procedure for BRG differs between USA and rest of the world. In the US, they will match the rate and ship a $50 Amex giftcard. In the rest of the world, they should adjust the rate to (Best Rate - $50).

Some BRG Team members are confused and will adjust a rate outside US to the best rate found and promise a gift card...that you will NEVER receive.
Your post is not 100 percent accurate.

Firstly, I agree with you that some BRG Team members are confused - that is an understatement, IMHO.

http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...uarantee.jhtml

For hotels in the U.S.A., Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico, we’ll give you a $50 American Express® Gift Cheque. Terms and Conditions.

For hotels outside the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico, we’ll take US $50 off of your bill. Terms and Conditions.

I clearly states above that an Amex Gift Cheque (like a traveller's cheque) will be sent to successful BRG claimants for strays in the US, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico....but, they actually courier, yes courier, a $50 Amex Gift Card that can only be used in the US. So they spend $15 to $35 to courier a $50 gift card that Canadians and Mexicans can't actually use.

I went thru this runaround with a half dozen reps and only when I escalated far up the chain was everything solved to my satisfaction.
Old May 31, 2013, 3:20 pm
GmK

Programs: A few
- disregard -

Last edited by GmK; Jun 3, 2013 at 2:09 am
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Well I've had what I hope is a successful claim for Tropicana LV. Initially accepted (within a few hours) but rate match wasn't quite right. I responded but the new reply said it shouldn't have been matched at all and that they couldn't match non-US rates!! (the much better one I found was in GBP). To/fro emails with one agent refusing to honour it - eventually escalated to Hilton social media team who manage to get things sorted and match the rate. I'm still dubious as to whether my $50 Amex GC will appear after the stay or not, but will be chasing it if not - that will at least cover the ludicrous resort fee on my two nights!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:13 am

I do have a page, where you need to register in Order to book a room and it is billing in Euros instead of the local currency and it issues a voucher. Is any of this a problem ?

Edit: Could I book a refundable rate first and then they adjust the rate and the cancellation terms, if they accept it ? The website is galahotels.com.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I had issues getting to accept a rate in GBP at first too (they seemed incapable of making the easy conversion to USD!) - they also got confused as a lot of non-US sites include tax. It's worth persisting though and involving the social media team if you have any issues.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 6:20 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Yesterday, I booked the HGI Raleigh/Research Triangle for 7/4 at a rate of $67. Hotels.com had it as their "daily deal" and a rate of $53. I filled out the best rate guarantee form. Overnight, I got an email that the rate was changed to $53 and I'll get the GC mailed upon checkout. That was painless.. assuming the card comes!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta - Plat, Hilton - Diamond
Not much luck for me. I'm trying to book the Hampton Inn French Quarter in Oct. Rate on HamptonInn is 250. Website called onHotels has it for 168 (big difference). Filled out the forms, the onHotels has a more restrictive cancel policy to it is denied. Well I guess I know where I'm booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.