Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I encountered a very strange situation, about 5 days ago I submitted a BRG via the normal channel. Did not hear anything back until today. However, it was not from the BRG that I received the email but it was from the country's cluster reservation center for all the Hilton's.

I did response with a screenshot of the lower rate (luckily it was still available). Am waiting for a response.

Found the whole situation so strange that I get a response outside of the BRG team.

Anyone had this happened before?

Cheers!
Originally Posted by brooding
Hasn't happened to me; maybe they sent it via the wrong email address. However I've been sent an internal email, accidentally before, where the BRG team accidentally copied me on an email to the hotel directly, seeking a response on the BRG claim. It seems each claim needs to be validated by the property directly, if it passes some basic checks by the BRG team.

Hence some BRG's might take longer to be approved than others.

Perhaps you can share some details of this email?
Originally Posted by nldogbert
OK, this explains a lot - I did not realize that they have to verify the claim with the hotel directly. This is my first time seeing/hearing of this - no wonder it takes them forever since it looks like the BRG team acts as your mediator (a bad one in any case).

If this is the case, why don't we just start mailing the hotels directly ourselves - would this not cut down the time and we have a direct contact to the hotel without us going through the frustration fase with the BRG team.

Here's what I received (edited).

Cheers!

"Dear Mr./Mrs.,

Many thanks for your claim for a best rate guarantee.

We have looked into the rate you have booked and this is the lowest rate available at this moment for the ddmmyyyy.

In case you have found a lower rate for the same room type and rate conditions we would be happy to receive the proof of that offer. As Hilton offers our guests the best rate guarantee we look forward assisting you.

If we can assist you on anything else, we would be happy assisting you

Kind regards,"
Something similar happened to me. Yesterday I submitted a BRG claim and 2 hours later I received an e-mail directly from the property's Front Office Manager (even before I heard back from the BRG Team) claiming that he tried to look for the lower rate on the OTA but couldn't find it (so obviously he had details about my BRG claim). I checked the OTA again and the lower rate was still there (thankfully the property had not removed it). I did not reply to the FOM's e-mail. 25 hours after I submitted my BRG claim, I received an e-mail from the BRG Team approving my claim.

I am quite shocked that properties are notified of BRG claims filed against them before the Hilton Guest Assistance BRG Team has even had a chance to check the claim. Luckily this time the property did not remove the lower rate, but given that Hilton Corporate charges the property USD 100 for each successful BRG claim, what's to stop the property from removing the lower rate before the BRG Team reviews the claim?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:57 pm

Hi All, Sorry for the basic question, but is it possible to BRG a prepaid rate against a flexible rate (you can do this with Starwood, but wasn't sure if it is possible with Hilton). I'm looking at the Hilton Providence where a prepaid rate is $109 (on a few third party OTAs), but Hilton.com shows only the flexible rate of $129. Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by crimson12
Hi All, Sorry for the basic question, but is it possible to BRG a prepaid rate against a flexible rate (you can do this with Starwood, but wasn't sure if it is possible with Hilton). I'm looking at the Hilton Providence where a prepaid rate is $109 (on a few third party OTAs), but Hilton.com shows only the flexible rate of $129. Thanks!
no, rate has to be like-for-like
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
BRG Claim Reservation#3301248542

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

I’ve shared the handful of comments I’ve seen directly with The Best Price Guarantee team, so please know that they are going directly to the source and are being heard. If I can ever help with a specific claim, do not hesitate to reach out and let me know. I just need the claim number to take action.

Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback,
Lauren
Hi Lauren,

I need your help.

I made a claim under this reservation number(File claim#19391632 #KMM21823676V99760L0KM) 48 hours ago and didn't receive an email confirmation regarding the claim as we usually receive.
I then decided to email the team 24 hours ago on the best rate email address with all the details and the screenshots of the lower rate. To my surprise 24 hrs later no response again.
I have even spent the last hour on hold on the Gladsgow World Wide Coroporate telephone line with the International Customer Relations team department, which no one responded and I gave up and hung up. Which I was calling from Australia so it has now cost me a lot of time and money for the call.

At this time as the reservation is tomorrow, I know have to cancel due to not knowing weather someone will reply by Sunday morning Sydney Australia time.

This is not the first time this has happened where the team has not responded within 24 hours.

Being a Gold member, this is a disgrace to Hilton Hotels as it shows they don't care about their members.

Could you please contact the team and give me your feedback.

Kind regards,

Russell

Last edited by Rusell; Dec 18, 2016 at 7:46 am Reason: entering claim number
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:23 am

I just posted my concern here, and the fact that I had not gotten a response in 24 hours (more than once - they said they couldn't even find my original BPG request!)

10 minutes after posting here, Tammy from Customer Care processed my claim. Grateful to Lauren or whomever may have helped me get attention to my claim!

-Ryan

Last edited by zarathustraween; Dec 27, 2016 at 9:38 am Reason: Hilton finally got back to me so I wanted to pull back the negativity
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by zarathustraween
I just posted my concern here, and the fact that I had not gotten a response in 24 hours (more than once - they said they couldn't even find my original BPG request!)

10 minutes after posting here, Tammy from Customer Care processed my claim. Grateful to Lauren or whomever may have helped me get attention to my claim!

-Ryan
I submitted my claim for reservation #81525859 on Saturday and still no response... Hope someone from Hilton here can help me.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:13 pm

I am totally disappointed with the BRG.

I have gone through the process as per the website, making a booking at the higher price with Hilton direct then filling in the form to make the claim.

After waiting 7 days I heard nothing back, no email confirmation that the BRG had been submitted or that they were looking into it. I went back to the Hilton website and opened an online chat with a rep. I explained the situation and was advised to fill in the form again. I repeated that 7 days had passed and nothing had been done and the BRG would not be seen as a valid claim due to the time period. The rep on online chat spoke to their supervisor and advised that a new form would needed to be filled in.

So once again I filled in the form, and no email confirmation came through. I went back on the online chat with the hilton rep and explained that nothing had come through to say I had filled in the form. The online rep advised their supervisor would follow this up with the BRG team and make sure the claim would be processed.

A few hours later an email arrived from the online chat supervisor would wanted to confirm the booking details to chase up the BRG team. I emailed back right away confirming everything.

One day later the online supervisor emailed a reply to advise that I would hear from the BRG team within 3-5 days.

I am at a loss as to how this BRG is not setup to try and wear you down to the point you give up. The form states you will be contacted in 24 hours. I waited 7 days then was told fill in the form again, then waited 1 day to be told I would be contacted in 3-5 days.

I am new to the Hilton ecosystem and from reading this 58 page thread clearly this BRG is an afterthought or just another promo to get you in without delivering.

Surely if they really wanted to offer the best rate you could open a chat, show the better price and it would be sorted out right away.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Now might be an appropriate time to suggest people file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-3.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I have now DMed the Hilton rep on FlyerTalk, called Guest Assistance three times, sent three emails, and reached out on Twitter. Still no one has looked at my claim! Does anyone have any tips about what I can do?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Adding another disappointed voice to the choir. I booked a hotel on Monday for New Year's Eve, *immediately* submitted a BPG claim, and haven't heard back since. I took a screenshot of the lower price on priceline.com, and have submitted a second and third BPG claim with a link to the image.

Yesterday I sent an email to HHonors@ hoping for the best, but haven't heard back.

So now I'm 3 days out, haven't gotten as much as a confirmation number for any of my BPG requests, and meanwhile the lowest price I found has changed. Luckily I have a screenshot, but can only hope that they would accept it now that they've taken so long that the prices have changed.

Very disappointed with the whole experience so far.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by thatguy47
I submitted my claim for reservation #81525859 on Saturday and still no response... Hope someone from Hilton here can help me.
I just got an email today that my claim was accepted. Thanks Hilton for following up on this. A Hilton representative contacted me by email after reading my post on Flyertalk.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:12 am

Like others, just hoping a Hilton rep on the site can get my BRG claim moving along.

Our booking is still a while out, so we still have time - I prefer booking direct given my HHonors status, but if Hilton won't match the price then I'll book the lower price before it disappears!

Booking reference #309752359

Thanks

----

Sent an email across as it seems like the form is still unavailable and received a reply.

Unfortunately, the response was that an account was required to access the site - when there is clearly a guest check out option for the same price. Interestingly enough, since the rejection email the price on the website seems to magically match the Hilton rate...

Waiting for the BRG to get back to me, given I've provided them with screenshots of the prior price and also screenshots to show that the price is readily accessible without an account.

Last edited by billbro; Jan 4, 2017 at 7:17 pm Reason: Additional details
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:25 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Been way over 24 hours for me now and I have not heard anything back from Hilton in regards to my price match. Sort of a big joke really as clearly they are not doing this.

I checked my other price again today on Hotels.com and it's still half the price for the stay i'm holding for the exact same room with Hilton.com.

Over $600 USD in difference for the stay.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:54 pm

I have still heard nothing for the claim I made last year.

I will be chasing this up with the Chat Team Lead who emailed saying I would be contacted within 3-5 days
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by southsidesilver
Been way over 24 hours for me now and I have not heard anything back from Hilton in regards to my price match. Sort of a big joke really as clearly they are not doing this.

I checked my other price again today on Hotels.com and it's still half the price for the stay i'm holding for the exact same room with Hilton.com.

Over $600 USD in difference for the stay.
They will probably get back to you once the price has been adjusted - I've been denied because you need to put in an email for a guest check out apparently (no need to sign up, full price is shown, you just need to enter an email address as part of the guest check out)...

Interestingly enough, the price has now reverted to the hilton price after I've been denied the match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.