Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
....if only I could find some cheap transcon airfares on UA to get to NYC in the first place, I'd be good to go!

Anyhow, thanks for sharing.
Ditto with a Mid-Con
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 3timesalady
hilton offers tons of places in nyc for < $200 during the week. and although a lot of these places are the lower-end chains (hampton, hgi, etc), many are brand new and/ or recently renovated.

*wood sometimes has rooms at the skanky sheraton manhattan for < $200, but not nearly as consistently. plus, those rooms appear to be living shrines to mildew.

yea, hilton!
I rarely see rates under 250 any where downtown. IF you are out of the city, you can get 150 or so range.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 1:21 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

*wood sometimes has rooms at the skanky sheraton manhattan
Whats your definition of skanky ?
I'm afraid to ask
Old Feb 18, 2006, 2:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

This DT pops up with the $139 rate from time to time.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:44 pm

Skanky, defined

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Whats your definition of skanky ?
I'm afraid to ask
See my post, #25 here:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=527138&page=2

"DNA evidence" left on duvet cover for someone who is not just once or twice, but 3 times a lady = skanky!

Last edited by 3timesalady; Feb 18, 2006 at 7:21 pm Reason: needed more eek faces
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn
I rarely see rates under 250 any where downtown. IF you are out of the city, you can get 150 or so range.
Managing expenses is a challenge at my current client, had to stay in hotels < $200 since the beginning of the yr. w/ the exception of v-day week (i.e., this past week), Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn in midtown have met my needs every single time. Wish I knew about DoubleTree's double points promo earlier, though... are those double base pts, too?!

So thanks to the the eagle-eyed posters in this thread who noted the cheap rate, I'm now staying at this DoubleTree for the next few wks. Who else is around? I've never met a FT-er, I'd be sooooooooooo excited to do so!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Who else is around? I've never met a FT-er, I'd be sooooooooooo excited to do so!
Go to the CommunityBuzz forum for this type of question...
Old Feb 19, 2006, 7:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

See my post, #25 here:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=527138&page=2

"DNA evidence" left on duvet cover for someone who is not just once or twice, but 3 times a lady = skanky!

Skank fully defined Thank you

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 19, 2006 at 7:24 am
Old May 25, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, American Gold, Hilton Silver, Starwood Gold
Any recent stays with this?
Old May 25, 2006, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by cduff
Any recent stays with this?

I stayed here 5/14/06 for two nights as Gold. Front desk said I was "upgraded" but it looked like a standard room to me. The room was small with a tv the size of large LCD computer screen. Location and rate was good, staff friendly, and a decent breakfast. I got continental breakfast certs for the two nights I was there and "upgraded" to the full breakfast, which was supposed to be an additional $6, but the server told me not to worry about the extra charge.

They still charge for internet access (around $10) and there was a mistake on my bill, but other than that, a decent hotel for the rate ($190 sun night and $240 for mon night).
Old Feb 1, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: HHonors
Penthouse Ballroom at Doubletree Metropolitan NYC

Has anyone seen or been to an event at the Doubletree Metropolitan? I'm searching for a wedding venue for my daughter and the other NYC Hilton properties ballrooms are either too small, too expensive (Waldorf), or too stuffy (NY Hilton). The Millenium is out of the question considering its location. Reviews of the Metropolitan on this site are so-so. I'd love to book a Hilton property so I could use my HH Amex and enjoy a reward stay in Paris!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 9:48 pm

I can't comment on the meeting room facilities at this hotel but you should try to negotiate some Hilton Honors points when making the reservation. You typically get 1 point per dollar spent, in addition to whatever you get from the credit card. I've been able to get the properties to give me the full 10 base points plus whatever elite and other bonuses you have.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 6:49 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel NYC as low as $114 per night

Not sure why, but I rechecked a reservation I have there for Monday night at $180 or so and the new fares were considerably lower, $120 something, and in putting a few dates later in the week I'm seeing numbers as low as $113.98 for Queen non smoking with the AARP rate (which actually beat the AAA rate for the first time I've seen). I'll take the savings, thanks very much.

This is for next thurs and fri:

Code:
AARP RATE AARP AND ALL PRIME (more)  

113.98 USD    1 QUEEN BED-NONSMOKING       

AAA RATE AAA AUTOMOBILE CLUB MEMBERSHIP CARD REQUIRED (more)  

118.15 USD    1 QUEEN BED-NONSMOKING
I thought yesterday when I checked it was because of the snow and cancelations, but that wouldn't be later in the week too.

In case anybody has New York reservations, make sure to check the rates for next week, they may have dropped.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 7:59 am

Seems rates are higher now..

Code:
AARP RATE AARP AND ALL PRIME 
   146.78 USD    1 QUEEN BED-NONSMOKING       

AAA RATE AAA AUTOMOBILE CLUB MEMBERSHIP CARD REQUIRED
   152.15 USD*    1 QUEEN BED-NONSMOKING       

NET DIRECT RATES FULL PAYMENT REQUIRED AT TIME OF RESERVATION. 
   161.10 USD    1 QUEEN BED-NONSMOKING
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
They are bouncing all over the place today, I'm trying for something the week after and it's higher, but still seeing the $113 rate for next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.