Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ashkale
​​​​​​Yes quite a few now such as
https://bit.ly/2StLZKj
https://bit.ly/2T1YIcc
Apart from all those personal shopper apps. Look for first time use/promo codes to lower your costs.
Very interesting, and perhaps slightly surprising. Appreciate you sharing though!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I have one night in Kuala Lumpur and hold diamond status is this property worth staying at? I'm just stopping by on a long layover for tourism. How easy is it to access the nightlife area from here? What other properties would be better if not this one?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Red259
I have one night in Kuala Lumpur and hold diamond status is this property worth staying at? I'm just stopping by on a long layover for tourism. How easy is it to access the nightlife area from here? What other properties would be better if not this one?
I've always enjoyed my stays, and have always been treated well as a Diamond. The hotel is super convenient to and from the airport, since it's connected to the train station which has an airport express train. The train station is also convenient for taking local lines to go places, for shopping or dining or nightlife.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've always enjoyed my stays, and have always been treated well as a Diamond. The hotel is super convenient to and from the airport, since it's connected to the train station which has an airport express train. The train station is also convenient for taking local lines to go places, for shopping or dining or nightlife.
Thanks, I'm trying to decide staying here or maybe the Grand Hyatt on a prive rate. I like the idea about easy airport access since I am flying in and out though.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It's a nice hotel, and conveniently situated for transport links - you can get to and from the airport easily by train or by bus from Sentral.
It has one of Hilton's better executive lounge, but this can get as unpleasantly packed as any of the others.

As for nightlife, who knows what you are after.

Bukit Bintang has a sophisticated sleaze reputation, club, bars and eating places for all tastes and pockets, and some of the fanciest shopping malls.
It is best reached by the new MRT line (Museum Negara station is an easy pedestrian walk-through from the hotel, and Bukit Bintang is three stops further towards the Kajang terminus of the line).

There are lots of hotspots around the city. They kind of focus on different groups.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I'm a fan of this hotel with many stays over the years. The convenience to the airport is amazing. Lately we have been going to Bangsar, instead of downtown for dinner and entertainment. You can see it from the main room of the EL on the far left, about a 10-15 minute taxi ride away.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle...-a3153716.html

Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
I had a 1+2 night stay here last week :

1st booking was a KING HILTON DELUXE - upgraded to Exec room w/ EL access
2nd booking was a KING DELUXE PLUS ROOM room, also upgraded to Exec room w/ EL access (but this was a smaller sized room than what was booked - FYI)

The lounge was super crowded every evening for cocktails & happy hour, though not so much for afternoon tea.
The evening crowd will linger till the end of HH & depending on the staff, they might extend it to 8.30pm which happened one night.
The food was all right but it seems everyone headed there for drinks - it's just regular table wines, nothing fancy though they had an Aust. sparkling wine.
We didn't go for HH every evening, as there's better food & drinks outside of the hotel.

We had breakfast in the restaurant each morning - it was better on some days but overall, it was satisfactory.

One evening while I was seated by the table next to the lounge reception, I heard a female guest (country / nationality shall not be named) who was complaining very loudly that she was not satisfied with the size of the room as it was too small!
She made quite a fuss before she left. I asked the staff what room did she book & what status does she have with Hilton - the reply was shocking :

It was a DELUXE room, & she's Hilton Gold

When she returned to the lounge later that evening, she seemed much happier/calmer while speaking to the lounge manager so I do not know what the hotel did for her.

There's also a dress code for the EL, no flip flops (not sure about sandals) - the sign is posted at the entrance of the lounge by the elevators & enforced by some of the staff (though not all)
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by kaffir76
One evening while I was seated by the table next to the lounge reception
Do you mean in the smaller room, to the left as you exit the elevator, or in the main room, to the right as you exit the elevator and that has the stairway going upstairs?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Do you mean in the smaller room, to the left as you exit the elevator, or in the main room, to the right as you exit the elevator and that has the stairway going upstairs?
The lounge reception is in the smaller room, to the left as you'd described.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Here for a night, lounge packed to the rafters .Propetty needs to expand the lounge urgently.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ashkale
Here for a night, lounge packed to the rafters .Propetty needs to expand the lounge urgently.
Or maybe limit access
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
If the lounge is full, they have allowed us to be put on waiting list (which never clears) or go down to the bar below and have some drinks and food (very limited spread - some cheese and crackers and fruits)
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by kt85
If the lounge is full, they have allowed us to be put on waiting list (which never clears) or go down to the bar below and have some drinks and food (very limited spread - some cheese and crackers and fruits)
But the lounge food is nothing great and is a mere shadow of what it used to be; worse, the lounge staff seems to be mostly trainees and without proper supervision and training, they are quite hopeless. To make matters worse, rates have crept up as well.

Ever since this hotel stopped having a permanent, on-site GM and only a floating "Regional Manager", things have gone downhill IMO.
ashkale likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Jz checked in and saw the lobby is now functional, also works as a check-in area for elite members.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Hilton KL Lounge

Originally Posted by puchong
But the lounge food is nothing great and is a mere shadow of what it used to be; worse, the lounge staff seems to be mostly trainees and without proper supervision and training, they are quite hopeless. To make matters worse, rates have crept up as well.

Ever since this hotel stopped having a permanent, on-site GM and only a floating "Regional Manager", things have gone downhill IMO.
We have been going there for the past 10 years,But last year was one of the worst.Lounge Staff was over worked and short staffed. Breakfast was always Good except last year,Totally short staffed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.