Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Second night of the stay and both nights the staff is totally overwhelmed at the lounge.I have seen more people at the lounge managed much better, the hotel is slipping and management needs to tighten it's act.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by ashkale
Second night of the stay and both nights the staff is totally overwhelmed at the lounge.I have seen more people at the lounge managed much better, the hotel is slipping and management needs to tighten it's act.
I've always witnessed the staff coping excellently even when the lounge is totally full
worldtrav likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by ashkale
We were in the KL Hilton about 2 months ago (one stay a few days before the ceiling incident and another stay a few days after the incident) and we also found the executive lounge very hectic, service was quite bad, getting a drink took forever. Food gone very much downhill (one night they had fried rice and dry noodles as the only hot options). Breakfast was the same good quality as before (talking about the restaurant, never had breakfast in the lounge).
ashkale likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by gallagher
I've always witnessed the staff coping excellently even when the lounge is totally full
must have been a while ago, the current staff is ridiculously poor.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:37 am

Twice in October 2019
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:12 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Twice in October 2019
Amazing, are you Dr Who
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Twice in October 2019
Are you saying you will be staying twice in October 2019, or you did stay twice in October 2018? Or something else?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:44 am

It’s was a typo - sorry

twice in October 2018 - but then again you knew what I meant to type
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Can you post your review from Oct? We will be going later next year but I want to see new reviews.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:39 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Has the GM moved over from the DT, sounds like things have gone donehill!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Just had a five day recent stay here as a Diamond. Booked Deluxe and upgraded to Executive Suite day after. I did request the possibility of an upgrade after not been offered anything other than Executive Room, which basically is just a higher floor.

Busy lounge and staff and sat mostly at the big shared table, but great treatment of food allergies where they made something from the kitchen for me. A first at any Hilton and very welcomed since I can't eat anything of the things usually offered at the afternoon tea or evening cocktails. This will be my preferred hotel in KL even though I've left the Hilton chain.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just booked an Executive Room for my father here for 4 nights in March.
In the booking comments I mentioned that it's his honeymoon (it really is, I didn't just write it for the upgrade ;p) and he will be Hilton Honors Gold from his credit card by the time he stays there (but he isn't yet).

They are offering an "eStandby Upgrade" to a Grand Executive Suite for 163 MYR per night.
Would it make sense to request that now? Or is it better to wait until checkin and see if they upgrade him to something nice anyway?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Just booked an Executive Room for my father here for 4 nights in March.
In the booking comments I mentioned that it's his honeymoon (it really is, I didn't just write it for the upgrade ;p) and he will be Hilton Honors Gold from his credit card by the time he stays there (but he isn't yet).

They are offering an "eStandby Upgrade" to a Grand Executive Suite for 163 MYR per night.
Would it make sense to request that now? Or is it better to wait until checkin and see if they upgrade him to something nice anyway?
If you think 163 MYR is a fare price for the upgrade, I'd take it now. They are obviously offering up, and someone will take it and don't know how many will be available. HH Gold would probably not get this upgrade for free. I suspect even a HH DIA would be iffy.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks. Do you think it's a fare price for the upgrade? Is the upgrade worth it?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Thanks. Do you think it's a fare price for the upgrade? Is the upgrade worth it?
I think the price is reasonable since it is a multi-level upgrade, but I suppose the question is how much would your father use the suite vs. being out enjoying KL. I like suites for the extra room obviously, but rarely pay for one because I don't spend that much time in the room,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.