Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Thank you for your reply. lI flight home with All Nippon and the information listed on ANA website advise to be at KILA airport 3 hrs before departure time . If I takes the first train at 5:00am, do I need to buy the ticket a night before or buy it right before 5:00am. What time is the train counter ticket open to sell train ticket.

I hope to get the complimentary suites upgrade this time if room availability. I wonder I must ask for it at check in counter or check front desk will know and give it out to diamond member for roomavailability.
Plenty Grab available at 5am and Grab is only RM65+ , makes a lot more sense for 2 travellers. You can check your rsvn the morning and generally displays the upgd.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ashkale
Plenty Grab available at 5am and Grab is only RM65+ , makes a lot more sense for 2 travellers. You can check your rsvn the morning and generally displays the upgd.
While I agree grab/uber is cheaper and a better economic choice for two people, 5AM is too late to hopping into any car for a 7:10AM flight. If OP chooses this option they need to be checking out/into car btween 415AM and 4:30AM for the 1hr drive. What this boils down to is whether the additional ~25MYR for the train is worth it or saving that, but spending double the time (minimum) in a car with door to door service is the choice.

Certainly there's no need for OP to be showing up at 4AM as the morning lounge situation is dire and best case scenario is going straight to the gate.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really depends on the traveler. Personally I would be checked in online and would push it to be at the airport no later than 6am for a 7:10 flight, but that's me. The person should be absolutely fine being in the 5am train. Orchard 5am it is NOT a one hour drive to the airport, more like 45 minutes, so did those who are comfortable it should also not be a problem either if leaving at 5.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
We have a trip coming up next month and debate whether to book a paid room at Hilton Kuala Lumpur or a room at Double Tree Hilton using points.

a) Does anyone know if diamond member can have a choice either complimentary breakfast in the lounge or breakfast in the buffet restaurant at Hilton Kuala Lumpur .

b) If I book a king deluxe what kind of complimentary upgrade Diamond member can get at check in . I read online some people mentioned on their post that they get an upgrade to suite room at check in .

c) Can we take a public bus from KL Sentral station to Melkala or Genting Highland. Can someone please give detail

d) Our flight home depart at 7:00am and we must arrive at airport (KLIA) around 4:00am, how much is taxi fare with ( night surge charge from Hilton Kuala Lumpur to airport . Is there any other transportation cheaper than taxi at this early hour.

Please advise and thank you.
a) you can have bfast at lounge and restaurant as Diamond
b) if it's your first stay, chances are lower to get a suite. this hotel tends to upgrade regular Diamond stayers more
c) there are express buses but not public buses to Melaka / Genting Highland.
d) if you're staying at Hilton KL, then just take the train (KLIA Express). even if it's abit more expensive for 2 people, you'll get there exactly on schedule

As for choosing between Hilton on cash or DT on points ... really depends how much you're looking to save and time your spending in the hotel. If you're just going back to sleep then DT is fine ... but if you want spend time using the gym, eating at hotel lounge & restaurant then Hilton KL has the best facilities and much nicer room than DT.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:22 pm

Thank you again for additional information.

I come across this link
https://www.kliaekspres.com/wp-conte...-14MAR2018.pdf

My travel date is in April 2018. Can someone please confirm if I can take the Express train at 04:33 ( 4:33am) from Kuala Lumpur Sentral and arrive at o KLIA at 05:09 ( 5:09am) . If so, this will give me enough time to catch the light home (All Nippon) 7:10am . How far is the express train exist door to ANA check in counter.

Do I have to buy train ticket online or I can get my ticket at Kuala lumpur train station.

I am arrive at KLIA 2 and will depart at KLIA to fly home, If I can not buy train ticket at KL sentral, will I able to buy express train ticket at KLIA2 train counter before taking bus / taxi to Melaka on arrival day.
Thank you and please advise
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:37 pm

I come across this link

My travel date is in April 2018. Can someone please confirm if I can take the Express train at 04:33 ( 4:33am) from Kuala Lumpur Sentral and arrive at o KLIA at 05:09 ( 5:09am) . If so, this will give me enough time to catch the light home (All Nippon) 7:10am . How far is the express train exist door to ANA check in counter.

Do I have to buy train ticket online or I can get my ticket at Kuala lumpur train station.

I am arrive at KLIA 2 and will depart at KLIA to fly home, If I can not buy train ticket at KL sentral, will I able to buy express train ticket at KLIA2 train counter before taking bus / taxi to Melaka on arrival day.
You can buy at the station just before boarding. On arrival in klia, about 10 min from exiting train to check in counters. The train ends at the lower ground floor of the airport, take the lift directly up to departure hall.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I come across this link

That is KLIA Transit and you cannot take that from endpoint (Sentral/KLIA) to endpoint (KLIA/Sentral). The authorities in their wisdom (and greed) restrict that cheaper option.

You have already been told by myriad people the 5AM express train will get you to KLIA for the 7:10AM flight. I have already talked about having done this exact train flight combination. Why are you making this more complicated than it needs to be?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:58 pm

Thank you ALL for clarification.

@ dssquared37: The purpose of my question is not to ride the cheaper train to save money or to make it harder for my self. I never take train from airport to Kuala Lumour city center or vice versa. I know that you already answer my question about taking 5:00am train to airport and still able to catch the earlly fly home. I am travel with the person who has mobility problem and can not walk fast. If I am able to take the transist train, I may gain half hour more before my departure flight at 7:10am.

I am asking all questions in order for me to decide whether we should stay at an airport hotel the last night or taking the first express train to LKIA airport at 5:00am as suggested.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
That is KLIA Transit and you cannot take that from endpoint (Sentral/KLIA) to endpoint (KLIA/Sentral). The authorities in their wisdom (and greed) restrict that cheaper option.
To clear this up, KLIA Transit train CAN be taken end to end (either KL Sentral to KLIA/KLIA2 or vice versa). It will cost the same as the KLIA Express train ticket. The only difference is the journey time (transit takes 7 minutes more ?) and train facilities (no toilet, no dedicated baggage storage on KLIA Transit train)

The boarding area for KLIA Transit and KLIA Express is different at KL Sentral so make sure you're at the correct platform. At KLIA/KLIA2 they share the same platform.
Cymro likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you ALL for clarification.

@ dssquared37: The purpose of my question is not to ride the cheaper train to save money or to make it harder for my self.
I was not suggesting you were attempting to catch a cheaper ride, just that the powers that be push end to end users to the significantly more expensive express train out of their own greed.

Originally Posted by wantan
To clear this up, KLIA Transit train CAN be taken end to end (either KL Sentral to KLIA/KLIA2 or vice versa). It will cost the same as the KLIA Express train ticket. The only difference is the journey time (transit takes 7 minutes more ?) and train facilities (no toilet, no dedicated baggage storage on KLIA Transit train)

The boarding area for KLIA Transit and KLIA Express is different at KL Sentral so make sure you're at the correct platform. At KLIA/KLIA2 they share the same platform.
I was not aware of that. Thank you for the clarification.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:51 pm

Does anyone know whether complimentary room upgrade(to the next level room) and executive lounge access will be granted to Hilton Gold member at Hilton Kuala Lumpur . Please advise and thank you.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Never guaranteed for Gold members.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
any idea what time is the happy hour at the executive lounge?

Have a stay there in 2 weeks time.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by kt85
any idea what time is the happy hour at the executive lounge?

Have a stay there in 2 weeks time.
6pm - 8pm
Old May 18, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Self edit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.