Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here recently for two nights. I booked not long after the relaxation of travel restrictions to Malaysia so got a pretty good rate. I booked a standard King Room and was upgraded to an Executive King Room on floor 30. I did ask how much a further upgrade would cost at check-in and the agent said 1000MYR per night for a Lifestyle Suite. I politely declined. The agent said there aren't many Hilton hotels in KL so they only upgrade one category. I assume what he means is they get too many Diamond members etc to upgrade to suites for free. Anyway my Executive King room was fine - I assume it's just a regular King room but on the Executive floor. The bed was very comfortable. The AC would not go below 21c and as a "hot" sleeper it was uncomfortable.

For some reason the two wine glasses in the drawer were trashed with shards if glass everywhere:

The bathroom is beginning to look a little dated but was still nice.

I had an issue with the hot pressure and an engineer had to come and take the shower thermostat off the wall to adjust it. After that I had powerful hot water. They sent up a intricate box of sweets to say sorry!

Being a Diamond member/Exec Floor guest I had access to the lounge. It is open from 12-8pm with hot food and alcohol available 6-8pm. There is afternoon tea but was never there to have it. It was a nice space with panoramic views - the food quality was okay.. but it was basic airport contract lounge standard at best. I'm not sure of the extent of the drinks you could order (i.e cocktails etc) but the usual suspects such as wine, beer and G&Ts were available. For some reason they were serving white wine in champagne flutes which was a bit weird. I would honestly skip the lounge beyond drinks.
Breakfast quality and variety was excellent with everything from lamb rendang to bread & butter pudding to congee. One of my favourite hotel breakfasts to date.

The pool was fun.. and yes I did use the slide.

The staff in the whole hotel were very friendly and eager to help.

I'd definitely go back at the right price. Especially for the breakfast! Upgrades are fairly stingy but service was excellent.
francophile, NoY, Abidjan and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:16 pm

I wonder why the KL Hilton was chosen for the official lunch for visiting US Speaker Nancy Pelosi, when there are far better options in the city. Did anyone on FT catch a glimpse of her at the hotel?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: OS FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Stayed here for two nights recently. Upgraded as Gold from base King to “Plus” (corner rooms at the end of each floor) visible on the app the morning of checkin. Room was great and seemed a fair bit larger than the regular rooms from the floor plan, with a larger bathroom with a view. Mildly disappointed at first that our only option was the lowest floor, but the view was great regardless.

Breakfast was ridiculously extensive even by SE Asian standards (and delicious). Service was faultless too. Location is brilliant, about a five minute indoor walk to KL Sentral station for the express airport train and local transport options. And of course there is the water slide at the large pool!

Would definitely stay here again next time we’re in KL.
Abidjan and 206driver like this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
One of my Favorite Places to stay in KL.Enjoy the Pool also.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Have stayed once per month over the past 3 months and never received a Suite upgrade as Diamond. Prior to 2020 almost all my bookings were upgraded to suite (also about once a month stays) as Diamond.

Anyone has had a successful Suite upgrade (without asking) recently ?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:31 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Hilton KL Central.

Originally Posted by wantan
Have stayed once per month over the past 3 months and never received a Suite upgrade as Diamond. Prior to 2020 almost all my bookings were upgraded to suite (also about once a month stays) as Diamond.

We just spent a week there in Late January,Had a wonderful suite. We have been going there every year since early 2000. we only stay at these 3 places, RC, JW & Hilton.
Service is Top notch at all 3.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wantan

The guy last year who checked me in (he was front office manager level IIRC) said they don't do free suite upgrades due to the quantity of elite members.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Schwann
The guy last year who checked me in (he was front office manager level IIRC) said they don't do free suite upgrades due to the quantity of elite members.
I think this has been true for a while. I was a regular over a period of several years before Covid and suites were the exception rather than the norm (although they did once treat me and assign a two floor 'presidential' suite). Generally the 'plus' rooms are the ones to go for as they're a little bigger and many would pass muster as junior suites in other properties.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
thanks all for the replies, forgot to mention that upgrade for my past 3 stay was from basic/cheapest room to Plus room. OLCI for suite was showing about RM200, seems to be a fixed rate as I had base rate between RM300-RM450.

nice touch was that always assigned the Plus room on Exec floor, which is great for me since I usually leave at 630am so can get Breakfast and check-out without taking the lift.

one point for those who like to sleep in is to avoid the Exec (33rd) floor because the "ambient" music turns on at 6am and it does carry into the room.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:12 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Does any one know what has happened to the Conrad KL which was meant to be opening in 2022?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by simonsmith
Does any one know what has happened to the Conrad KL which was meant to be opening in 2022?
The last update is 2024

“It’s very dramatic in design, the [food and beverage offerings] are off-the-chart dynamic. KL has a lot of classic luxury; a slightly more formal environment. But this [hotel] is much more bold and higher energy.”
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I am staying here now (for the first time - although I have stayed at the "mirror image" Le Meridien next door before, which briefly confused me).

I received an upgrade to a Junior Suite without asking - when I walked in at 1pm for a speculative early check-in.

It's a 5 night stay on points.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
A very nice hotel indeed, just spent 4 nights here.

I was upgraded from the base category to King Executive Room on the 32nd floor. The staff in the EL is really good, but the cocktail hour on Friday especially was just way too crowded (and the food options quite bad). Decided to skip it from thereon. Also the downstairs restaurant was extremely crowded on weekend breakfasts.

Still, can recommend. It is, however, not ideally situated in relation to most KL sights in Bukit Bintang. The connection to KL Sentral and KLIA Ekspres to the airport is appreciated, though.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Spent six nights there last week. The staff were simply outstanding. Lounge staff remembered my name and the buffet dinners were good quality options - staff in the restaurant were very pro-active. The walkway and lifts form KL Ekspres is a bit meandering and takes you away from the former route that took you outside to cross the frontage of the station - it's helpful to be under cover during those rain storms.
I had a large room on the 35th (top) floor with lake views.
This Hilton is my preferred choice n KL and its the staff that make the real difference for me.
Abidjan and teemuflyer like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
The walkway and lifts form KL Ekspres is a bit meandering and takes you away from the former route that took you outside to cross the frontage of the station - it's helpful to be under cover during those rain storms.
If you take the lift down to the Premium Parking level, you can walk across the road to KL Sentral main entrance.

Sure it's outside, but only for around 10m or so, and is much shorter than the fully covered route than via the walkway / escalators.

Agree regarding the great service!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.