Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by teo1991
I didn’t even get an upgrade today as a Gold member as they said they are on full capacity and not all room are in operation as well as Executive Lounge seating capacity is reduced. They also informed they are quite packed with the paying guests thus unable to accommodate
wrong day for staycation lol
​​​​​​I think generally Marriott group still better. I got my suite upgrade in LM, lounge evening cocktail served as ala carte as well, but the choices are less than Hilton lounge. I think I will stay Marriott properties for the time being until Hilton KL lounge reopen. Luckily my diamond status is extended, so I don't need to maintain it for this year. I think Hilton KL is the only good Hilton properties in Malaysia.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by larrylim
Been staying there a few times since reopening. The lounge was only opened last week and they do serve warm food for evening cocktail - you order one of the fixed sets (e.g. sandwich and mini burger set, salad platter set, nasi goreng kampung and fried chicken wing set, etc.) on the menu, i.e. no more buffet style. You can order as many sets as you like

There's no breakfast in the lounge - only available at Vasco's downstairs but be prepared to queue if on weekends, even if you booked your table. Most of the facilities are opened although restricted, e.g. limited number of people in the gym and which closes for sanitation a number of times throughout the day. The pool is openend but jacuzzi is not.

Don't expect upgrades on weekends because only 50% of the rooms are opened. I didn't get any upgrade as Diamond last Saturday.
Did they compensate you for no upgrade as diamond?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by FQ415
​​​​​​I think generally Marriott group still better. I got my suite upgrade in LM, lounge evening cocktail served as ala carte as well, but the choices are less than Hilton lounge. I think I will stay Marriott properties for the time being until Hilton KL lounge reopen. Luckily my diamond status is extended, so I don't need to maintain it for this year. I think Hilton KL is the only good Hilton properties in Malaysia.
haha sadly it’s hard to earn Marriott status without many many stays but anyway I am going to LM next week
Old Jul 17, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by teo1991
haha sadly it’s hard to earn Marriott status without many many stays but anyway I am going to LM next week
LM breakfast is serve at latest recipe. Buffet style but serve by staff. Pack if u go on weekends.
teo1991 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Staying here for 5 nights. I love the location, could get all the way from the plane to the hotel room without having to go outside. As Diamond, got upgraded to lake view executive room. Apparently no suites available, even though available to book. Got nice welcome cake and nuts. Lounge is okay, only used it once. No need really in KL, so many great food options everywhere. Rooms are showing their age quite a bit unfortunately. Would stay again. Paid 23k points per night.
Abidjan and teemuflyer like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Current lounge offering seems to be less than what it used to be:

The Executive Lounge is opened daily from 06:00hrs – 22:00hrs on weekdays and 06:30hrs – 22:00hrs on weekends, we are pleased to offer the following summarized services & facilities: · Complimentary breakfast is served daily from 6.00am – 10.00am (weekdays) and 6.30am – 11.00am (weekends). Executive Floor guest are also welcome to enjoy breakfast at Vasco’s on the Lobby Level from 6.00am – 10.30am (weekdays) and 6.00am – 11.00am (weekends). · Complimentary daily evening aperitifs between 18:00hrs – 20:00hrs; · Complimentary refreshments during opening hours;
Alawyer likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by petter2
Current lounge offering seems to be less than what it used to be:

The Executive Lounge is opened daily from 06:00hrs – 22:00hrs on weekdays and 06:30hrs – 22:00hrs on weekends, we are pleased to offer the following summarized services & facilities: · Complimentary breakfast is served daily from 6.00am – 10.00am (weekdays) and 6.30am – 11.00am (weekends). Executive Floor guest are also welcome to enjoy breakfast at Vasco’s on the Lobby Level from 6.00am – 10.30am (weekdays) and 6.00am – 11.00am (weekends). · Complimentary daily evening aperitifs between 18:00hrs – 20:00hrs; · Complimentary refreshments during opening hours;
That looks pretty standard. In what way is it different from previous schedules?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wasn't there some "tea time" thingy in the past? It's been a very long time so I wouldn't swear it.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Scones

Originally Posted by demue
Wasn't there some "tea time" thingy in the past? It's been a very long time so I wouldn't swear it.
They had scones with Honey, loved them! Did not help A1C though!
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Nice to see some activity on this thread. I continue to be a fan of this property.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Love this Hilton BUT!

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Nice to see some activity on this thread. I continue to be a fan of this property.
Please,No Children in the Lounge.some children are “well mannered “ but many run amok in the Lounge.
Delectatio likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by TRANSWORLDMARINE
Please,No Children in the Lounge.some children are “well mannered “ but many run amok in the Lounge.
I was just at a property in Europe where two different guests had infants and toddlers in the lounge. One kid was quiet, two others were screamers. The staff was run ragged fetching heated milk for them.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I was just at a property in Europe where two different guests had infants and toddlers in the lounge. One kid was quiet, two others were screamers. The staff was run ragged fetching heated milk for them.
Which European property? Please name and shame
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by puchong
Which European property? Please name and shame
I'm not sure the hotel can be blamed for the inability of guests to control their children. Though there is the wider question of whether it is appropriate to admit children to lounges over "cocktail hours". It's a well rehearsed argument in these forums, but one most Hilton properties shy away from.

The impact of this laissez faire approach is exacerbated by the "staycation" phenomenon, where local residents take advantage of weekend rates at 5-star hotels to bring families to the hotel - and inevitably they want to make the most of the experience.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
+1. IAN-UK said it well. The "hands off, anything goes" type of parenting approach one can observe rather often these days is as much to blame. No "boundaries, rules, limitations" .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.