Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2004, 1:32 am

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
Was wondering if there is anyone that can offer an update on the hotel.

I'll be there 22/Oct -25/Oct for the weekend. So look forward to meeting any FTer there! ^
Old Oct 13, 2004, 10:40 am

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Keithl
Was wondering if there is anyone that can offer an update on the hotel.

I'll be there 22/Oct -25/Oct for the weekend. So look forward to meeting any FTer there! ^
See this trip report on A.net.
http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ad.main/50352/
Old Oct 13, 2004, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Not much of an update, but I had dinner at the Hilton Sentral last night and the hotel appeared to be very busy.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by wyoon
wyoon, are you an A.net member?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the first post of every A.net thread is not visible to non-members ever since that website went to a paid model last year (at least on the computers I have used).
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:15 am

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by monahos
wyoon, are you an A.net member?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the first post of every A.net thread is not visible to non-members ever since that website went to a paid model last year (at least on the computers I have used).
I am not a member on A.net. As a long time (over 3 years) lurker on A.Net, I am having trouble with the web as well. If you refresh by hitting F5 key, it does show the entires screen for me. Hope this works for you too.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by wyoon
If you refresh by hitting F5 key, it does show the entires screen for me. Hope this works for you too.
Thanks for the tip!

I had to accept their cookies as well in order for this to work (forgot I had them on my rejected list)
Old Oct 14, 2004, 11:38 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks for the report.

FYI there are promotional door tags for the opening of KL Hilton at some Hiltons in Asia-Pac (not sure if it is all or just some, or even further afield). Anyway the door tag says it entitles bearer to a free upgrade on check in (subject to availability) at KL Hilton (expires 15 Feb 2005). Doesnt specify any t&cs.

Anyway I have picked up a couple if they are of use to any FTers.
Still have some of these left.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 6:19 am

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
Hilton KL suites

Want to treat my mom, my sister and her two kids to a weekend stay at the Hilton in Kuala Lumpur. They'll be attending my cousin's wedding. I am Honors Gold and I know there's a chance of an upgrade to an Exec Floor room (space permitting).

But my questions are:

(1) shld i get two standard rooms or a one/two-bedroom suite for the party of four. I need space for two adults and two adorable brats (oxymoron i know).

(1) has anyone stayed in a one/two bedroom suite at this property? Any comments?

(2) do u think I can book a one-bedroom and request an upgrade to a two-bedroom as Gold member?

American Express has a stay one night, get another night free promo, which makes getting a suite very attractive. Appreciate all comments.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 4:00 am

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
Suite stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Want to treat my mom, my sister and her two kids to a weekend stay at the Hilton in Kuala Lumpur. They'll be attending my cousin's wedding. I am Honors Gold and I know there's a chance of an upgrade to an Exec Floor room (space permitting).

But my questions are:

(1) shld i get two standard rooms or a one/two-bedroom suite for the party of four. I need space for two adults and two adorable brats (oxymoron i know).

(1) has anyone stayed in a one/two bedroom suite at this property? Any comments?

(2) do u think I can book a one-bedroom and request an upgrade to a two-bedroom as Gold member?

American Express has a stay one night, get another night free promo, which makes getting a suite very attractive. Appreciate all comments.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 8:25 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
The upgrade applies if you (or your spouse on a mutual account) are staying, not for people you make reservations for. Since it looks like you won't be there, this means no upgrade and none of the Gold privileges would apply.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by tide
The upgrade applies if you (or your spouse on a mutual account) are staying, not for people you make reservations for. Since it looks like you won't be there, this means no upgrade and none of the Gold privileges would apply.
Looks like my travel schedule allows me to join them, so will get a second room. Will the upgrade then only apply to my room or the other room as well?

I called Hilton Kuala Lumpur to check on the room rates. Front desk staff was incompetent and displayed lack of knowledge on different prices and room types. Not a good start.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG PLT
I stayed at the one bedroom suite last week. The room size is about average. The bedding is pretty comfortable. Room service is prompt. I would suggest that you book the two bedroom suite if you are concerned about the space.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the Hilton London Park Lane I got 2 rooms on awards. One for myself (Diamond) and one for my sister (no status). They upgraded both rooms to the executive floor with all Diamond ammenities for both of us except the in room water and chocolate, I got but she did not. We both had lounge access and breakfast. And this was during the London Marathon.

Don't know if Hilton KL will do this though.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
FYI there are promotional door tags for the opening of KL Hilton at some Hiltons in Asia-Pac (not sure if it is all or just some, or even further afield). Anyway the door tag says it entitles bearer to a free upgrade on check in (subject to availability) at KL Hilton (expires 15 Feb 2005). Doesnt specify any t&cs.

Anyway I have picked up a couple if they are of use to any FTers.
Sent several out and now down to 2 left - though I may be able to pick up some more? Dont think they're worth anything to HH Gold or Diamond. Need to allow 1-2 weeks mailing unless we happen to cross paths somewhere in travels.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 11:26 pm

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
After spending an extended weekend there, I have to say that I was spoilt through and through.........

Got upgraded to exec room on 29th floor (28-35th are exec floors) and the lounge was wonderful and service was superb. ^
As Danial said, 6 food presentations/day:
6-10am - Full American Breakfast
10-12pm - Continental breakfast
12-3pm - Lunch Snack
3-7pm - High Tea
7-9pm - Dinner Snack
9-11pm - Evening Drinks

Room floor is parquet rather then usual carpet so that was real nice for a change.
Gym is run by Clark Hatch fitness centre so its a properly run gym but the jacuzzi in the men's room was a little too small.

Wireless internet at the lounge is free but in room is a whopping RM60/day! My only gripe.

On the amex suite 1-for-1 offer, you need to book through Amex. I asked about it at check-in and was told not offered at walk-in.

Last edited by Keithl; Oct 25, 2004 at 11:27 pm Reason: spelling, grammar errors

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.