Conrad Indianapolis {US-IN}

Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by indufan
http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...e+for+wine+bar

Conrad Indianapolis plans to close a ground-floor lounge used mainly by hotel guests and retool it this fall as an indoor-outdoor wine bar to draw in locals in addition to visitors.

The three-year-old luxury hotel in Downtown Indianapolis said in a news release today that it will replace Vitesse, which it operated, with Tastings.
I didnt even think the Vitesse lounge was still open. I knew they closed it on Sundays but during the work week it was often closed in the evening for special functions. I used to go with a client there as the service was good and a quite place to discuss business. Looks like the Conrad has totally outsourced its F&B with the exception of room service and banquets? I think they have a nice location to add some outdoor seating.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by tegwj
....my cappucino was $4.50 (but one of the best I've ever had).
I dont know if a good cappucino maker is standard equipment for the Capital Grille but it may well be lefter over equipment from Vitesse restaurant that was there before Capital took it over. I know they had a pretty high end machine in the Vitesse lounge as well.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by tegwj
Just checked in for 4 nights, no upgrade -- there is a wedding party here this weekend. Nice furnishings. My room is compact but comfortable, staff have all been very pleasant and helpful.

I'm surprised at how many tourists are in town, I expected it to be a little quieter I guess!

Anyway much exploring to be done, I will post more thoughts on the hotel once we depart. Any other FTers onsite?

twj

We must have checked in the same day. I was taking advantage of the 10K bonus point offer for 3 nights or more. I figured I would try the Conrad on a government rate of $97 a night. Yes, David Matthews Band was in the hotel over the weekend. My wife and I ran into him and his VERY LARGE body guard in the elevator. Since it was Friday night and there were three of us, and no suites were available, we asked about being changed from the king to a room with double beds. After a few minutes of fumbling on the keyboard, the room was changed and we were given the keys. Once we got to the room we realized that we were in a king room. Nice room, but I do not want to share a king with the wife and a teeneager. We called the front desk to complain and after an appology we were told to return downstairs and get the new keys to the correct room. So we grabbed the suitcases and went back down to get the new set of keys. (When I was given the keys to the wrong room at the Sheraton around the corner, two months ago, the duty manager came up to the room with the new keys, carried my luggage to the correct room - suite upgrade and comped me two martinis, but I digress.) Downstairs we had to wait for the new keys to be coded and then we draged the luggage back upstairs to the new room. We were told that if suites would be come available on Saturday we will be given the option to move. It never happened, even though both Saturday and Sunday night suites were available for booking. I wanted to call the front desk and ask for an upgrade, but I got voted down by my wife and daughter who did not want to repack.

There is no lounge available, but I was given two sets of breakfast coupons for the three days I was staying there. Service at the Capital Grill was excellent, but the $10 covers the continental breakfast - basket of pastries only. When we ordered other things of the menu we got charged a la carte, even though some of the menu items stated that they included coffee or juice. It was a small annoyance. One of the elevators was always out of order and with the wedding in the hotel, the band and the two conventions in town, the wait for the elevators was lengthy at times.

We had a nice double room with a nice view of the W Washington and Illinois intersection, however every afternoon we smelled the smoke from the Webber Grill across the street. (Maybe that is why I had a craving for BBQ all weekend long?)

Over all a very nice hotel and for the rate, an excellent value, however in terms of making me feel welcome as a Diamond, I got better service at the Hilton across the street and the HGI around the corner. However the 10K HHonors bonus points made it more bearable. It is a better experience than the Hyatt, but I have always received consistent upgrades and lounge access at the Westin across the street and the Sheraton around the corner.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'm staying here starting on Wednesday. Any idea what I can expect (if anything) as a Gold VIP?

What's the best strategy for identifying yourself and requesting extras/upgrades?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
Originally Posted by djmont
I'm staying here starting on Wednesday. Any idea what I can expect (if anything) as a Gold VIP?

What's the best strategy for identifying yourself and requesting extras/upgrades?
There are no executive rooms/floors at this hotel, so no upgrades for golds. We did receive breakfast coupons for continental breakfast in the lounge/bar adjacent to the lobby.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Stayed here for 4 nights. Excellent hotel. Some of the best service I've ever received.

Could have got an upgrade to a suite, but they only have 1 king bed in them and I needed 2 beds. But the regular room was fine.

Would definitely return.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djmont
Stayed here for 4 nights. Excellent hotel. Some of the best service I've ever received.

Could have got an upgrade to a suite, but they only have 1 king bed in them and I needed 2 beds. But the regular room was fine.

Would definitely return.
Overall this is my favorite Conrad in the states. WE put our kids on the coach often. All depends how old they are.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
What brand of toiletries are they using in this Conrad ?
Old May 23, 2010, 8:10 pm

They are using the Acca Kappa? Accra? Don't remember exactly, but the scent was white moss. I've seen them at other hotels before.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
What brand of toiletries are they using in this Conrad ?
As of today, still Acca Kappa products. My room has different scents depending on product(soap vs. lotion, etc.).
Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum & Hilton Diamond
I am planning to spent a long weekend at Conrad with my wife and our 7 months old baby boy. Somehow hilton.com don't give me any chance to make a reservation for Corner Suite /w children. Do you think it is ok to make a reservation for two adults and then send them e-mail about baby and crib request?

And what about Indy itself? Is there a nice italian or japanese restaurants for lunch or early dinner near Conrad? Where we don't get dirty looks with our baby
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by Kuki
And what about Indy itself? Is there a nice italian or japanese restaurants for lunch or early dinner near Conrad? Where we don't get dirty looks with our baby

***I'd be grateful for scoop on the area as well: I have a week in the HGI across the square upcoming, so this thread has been helpful... I need to look if there's been any HGI trip reports and what upgrades are like there (if any), so if it's not too much of a thread hijack, if anyone can add info on the HGI, would be great...

TDM
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Kuki
I am planning to spent a long weekend at Conrad with my wife and our 7 months old baby boy. Somehow hilton.com don't give me any chance to make a reservation for Corner Suite /w children. Do you think it is ok to make a reservation for two adults and then send them e-mail about baby and crib request?

Yes, you will be fine. Just book the reservation for 2 adults and request the crib. In terms of Italian food, I would pick Buca di Beppo's. It's in the building next to the Conrad on Illinois Street. Great family style food and no issues with a baby.

If you've never stayed at this Conrad, enjoy it. It's a great property.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Conrad Indianapolis

Hi

I recently used the Points + cash to stay at the HK conrad, and it was very nice.

They offered free clothes pressing to diamond members, Is this standard at all Conrad properties? or just in HK

also are there any other diamond benefits at this property in leu of no lounge, exec florr etc?

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I have never stayed in the Indy Conrad but I have have stayed in truly fantastic hotels all over the world. I can't imagine the Indy Conrad being in the same class much less beating them.

I have stayed in the Hampton Anchorage. It is only an average hotel, slightly above the usual Hampton Inns, nothing special. But the expedia list is a "value" list not a true "best of".
The Conrad hotels located in the US are in Chicago, Indianapolis, Miami, and New York. In the event you question the Expedia "value" list, Conde Nest has also recognized the Conrad Indianapolis.

"...For the second year in a row, Conrad Indianapolis received the distinction among 681 other hotels and resorts internationally.
Conrad Indianapolis has won three major awards in recent months.

The Gold List is one step beyond the previous award Conrad Indianapolis received in October through Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards as a Top 100 U.S. Hotel."

http://www.ibj.com/indianapolis-conr.../article/15913

With only four Conrad hotels in the US, I am willing to bet all of them can compete with the "truly fantastic hotels all over the world".

And yes...I realize I quoted a post from 2009.

Last edited by NauticalWheeler; Mar 21, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.