Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Indianapolis {US-IN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt 3MM Hilton Gold
Mrs jmg1223 and I called yesterday to see if the restaurant/lounge was open and they said only for guests. We were hoping to get a sneak preview before the Final 4 next weekend.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
How much do you think it'll cost to use the "Rolls Royce for guest transport"?
Old Mar 26, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by jmg1223
Mrs jmg1223 and I called yesterday to see if the restaurant/lounge was open and they said only for guests. We were hoping to get a sneak preview before the Final 4 next weekend.

I got the same thing when I called yesterday evening. They said they hoped to get it opened to the public mid week.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:00 pm

I walked by it last week-end on the way to Rock Bottom Brewerey. From the outside it looks quite nice. It is directly across from the Circle Center Mall and the Embassy Suites.

Will look forward to hearing the reviews of those that get inside.....
Old Mar 30, 2006, 9:17 pm

Sorry guys, but I have a rather newbish question.

I received the following response from Rukiya Bey ([email protected]), who is the Public Relations and Marketing Manager for the Conrad Indianapolis

"HHonors Gold VIPs will be offered upgraded accommodations based on
availability. We have 22 corner suites, however only have King size
beds. We offer turndown service, however breakfast is not available and
we do not have an Executive Level
."

HHonors terms state that "At hotels without a Towers or Executive Level, Gold VIP members will be offered complimentary continental breakfast each morning for the member and one additional person."

But if there are no towers, no executive level, and no breakfast, does that mean the only thing a Gold member could look forward to in the form of amenities is the possibility of an upgrade (based upon availability of course)?

Last edited by TacoSmith; Mar 30, 2006 at 9:23 pm
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by TacoSmith
Sorry guys, but I have a rather newbish question.

I received the following response from Rukiya Bey ([email protected]), who is the Public Relations and Marketing Manager for the Conrad Indianapolis

"HHonors Gold VIPs will be offered upgraded accommodations based on
availability. We have 22 corner suites, however only have King size
beds. We offer turndown service, however breakfast is not available and
we do not have an Executive Level
."

HHonors terms state that "At hotels without a Towers or Executive Level, Gold VIP members will be offered complimentary continental breakfast each morning for the member and one additional person."

But if there are no towers, no executive level, and no breakfast, does that mean the only thing a Gold member could look forward to in the form of amenities is the possibility of an upgrade (based upon availability of course)?
I wonder how accurate the breakfast statement is. I find it hard to believe they dont offere a continental breakfast with the opportunity to upgrade for a few bucks more or just apply towards another breakfast menu item which is much more typical. I wouldnt let the "no breakfast" statement stand as I dont think they can get around it. Some of the Int'l properties will note a section in the terms that they read to allow them to give an upgraded room or breakfast but not both but I dont think a US property can deny it.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 6:28 am

Programs: Amtrak slumbercoach value club
Story today in the Indy Star:

"A so-so first date can always evolve into a great marriage. The discouraging first day on the job can be the beginning of an illustrious career

"My stay as an incognito guest on opening night at the Conrad Hotel, the hotly anticipated Downtown Indianapolis luxury hotel, was less than perfect, but give it a few weeks -- it may yet win that top hotel rating it's hoping for."

No real surprises - mostly service kinks, especially with room service.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 5:36 pm

Interesting article but no surprises really. I have always felt that Indy has had a tough time reaching that next level in the hotel industry and this will be a challenge for the hotel. I think it is only reasonable to give the property some time to mature but this weekend will be a good test for them and with the final four in town. I will be out of town for a few weeks but am looking forward to see how things go when I stop by for a drink in a few weeks.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond / Delta 360 / HHonors Diamond. FORMER: AAdvantage EXP, Loews YouFirst Platinum, A+ Elite
Not sure I can justify the nearly $100 difference over the Hilton Indianapolis, else I'd post a report -- but I'm curious to hear what others think.

Strange that Hilton would have so many hotels (Hilton, HGI, ES and now Conrad) all within a couple blocks of Monument Circle.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Varian
Not sure I can justify the nearly $100 difference over the Hilton Indianapolis, else I'd post a report -- but I'm curious to hear what others think.

Strange that Hilton would have so many hotels (Hilton, HGI, ES and now Conrad) all within a couple blocks of Monument Circle.
The new Homewood should be opening soon and there is a pretty decent Hampton Inn two blocks south of the circle as well. Hilton definitely moved in strong in the last couple of years.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:08 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
does Indy really need a Conrad?

--
Old Apr 3, 2006, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
does Indy really need a Conrad?

--
From what I've read, Indy does not have a luxury hotel. The pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly has its HQ in the city, which will no doubt guarantee a stream of meetings and room business.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 9:09 pm

I finally received a response from the HHonors Manager in regards to my amenties question (She was slammed with work from the Final Four crowd in Indy this past week).

Gold HHonors Members receive:

- complimentary room upgrade based upon availability
- arrival amenity
- (2) Vitesse Lounge voucher
- expedited check-in and pre-registration
- extended check-out time to 6pm

Diamond HHonors Members receive:
- complimentary room upgrade based upon availability
- arrival amenity
- first breakfast for 2, on the house
- expedited check-in and pre-registration
- extended check-out time to 6pm
Old Apr 5, 2006, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Diamond, *Wood Gold
Competition too tough

Originally Posted by travelexpert
From what I've read, Indy does not have a luxury hotel. The pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly has its HQ in the city, which will no doubt guarantee a stream of meetings and room business.
Originally from Indiana - so don't let the BKK confuse ya.

Lilly, alone, won't keep this place afloat. I find it hard that Hoosiers will fork over that much cash. However, you do have NCAA HQ and other successful medium sized corporations. So, it might have a chance.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 7:09 pm

There's a nice review of the Conrad Indianapolis (w/ 10 pictures) up over at TripAdvisor.

Trip Advisor Conrad Indianapolis Review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.